Author Topic: picture comments  (Read 6225 times)

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
picture comments
« on: Feb 16, 2004, 07:21 PM »
nice one scott, good resolution on your pics.  Hey germ, not bad, maybe i can send some of those ones i let go down to you....get on a bigger lake or something.  I know there are some monster burbot down around ontario right?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: picture comments
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2004, 09:02 AM »
LOL nice one jake that is the spirit...Dude im trying for bigger ones I seriosuly AM next week Im headed to LAke of Bays here I contacted the MNR fdr Burbot facts..This is how serious i am about the LING. Had to Contact the Men that would know..LOL they pointed me towards Lake of Bays..Which is where with their facts have been getting bigger numbers of Burbot and in ample supple they said.  SO anyhow in the next few weeks from now i will be hitting The lake of bays. I will post if i have any luck..I know these are on the small size for you but for me i don't know any differnt as of yet...Simcoe used to have Burbot in Nice size slots but the MNR netted them by the Hundreds of thousands in the 70's and 80's and used them for fertilizer then stocked the lake with lake trout. Anyhow im still searching  and ill be getting the big ling before ya know it. Once i find them ill be nesting there dont you worry. TIght lines! And thanks for the laugh. (you can send your small ones though i'd take them lol ROFL) tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2004, 09:05 AM »
AS a side note i forgot to mention about the nice quanity of fish you caughyt and Quality as well. They are Awesome sizes JAke plus the Coleration of them are amazing...The lake i fish as slight brown tint to it so the Ling are a bit Brown looking compared to those Nice Green coleration your bringing out..The method you suggested is great also they seem to hit it more agressivly and more like a BAss or a big perch when they hit and a lnice fight on the way up...Compared to just sitting and waiting for tip ups they dont seem to haev the fight that way..weird but thanks for the advice...
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2004, 01:29 PM »
well germ i hope you do well at your new lake, catch a 20 pounder! i wish you well in your efforts.  Just remember to get some pictures.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2004, 03:24 PM »
Will do for sure JAke ...NOw you have to get your arse out there and get some more pics for us as well as i believe you mentioned the one's you posted were last years? What give's man get some fish!!!! Id be all over them...Just finsihed eating ling for lunch. Hmmm hmm just butter abd strips..Not big strips like you would get but LIng none the less! Tight lines!

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2004, 05:14 PM »
just a few of them were last season's....i have more pictures of this year, and last years....but i just gave a bit about my burbot history in pictures. heck, i have 60 pictures of bubot from this season alone ;D up to 63 caught through the ice this season.  Hopefuly i'll hit 100.
Unless they specifically say otherwise they are from this season...i might make it out on saturday night and maybe even friday night this week

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:42 AM »
Hey um when you clean them you just strip the skin off but then re-strip the meat off after you do the skin?

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:21 PM »
yep, you don't get a bunch of slime on the meat that way

raleigh

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2004, 09:01 PM »
Thanks Jake, I did not know What an Eelpout looked like until you posted the (Eelpout pics only.) Now it helps me visualize what they accutley look like. They are kinda a strange looking fish. To bad we dont have them here in Colorado. This ice shanty sight just keeps amazing me, learn somthing new every day. Thanks again !!!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2004, 03:33 PM »
Ya i did the skin method and your right about the amount of slime...What i use to do before was when forzen pull the skin and meat away from the bone which would work for the back layer top..with some help of the knife but not so much for the side meat on the tail. Now doing your way i use remove the skin like taking off a sock then i just steam the fish or strip meat away with knife and butter in a pan..Nice tips keep up the good work. Some of the Ontario Ice shanty Boys are doing a get together on the end of this month and we will be hitting some Ling as well So ill post any pictures when we go. Tight lines!

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2004, 07:10 PM »
going out tonight, hopefully i'll get some good pictures...haven'te failled yet.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2004, 07:27 PM »
I better see some pictures tommorow morning jake or else ..I don't have a ling god to look up to man. Tight l;ines good luck and don;t loose any toes to frost bite.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2004, 07:47 PM »
felt like my toes were going to get frostbite, man it was cold...felt like -20f, on our way back the sign said -10f but i know it was colder on the river.  Well i delivered anyway..threw them all back though...saw a whitefish on my aqua-vu too, that was cool

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2004, 10:54 AM »
Nice one and yes you delivered...Ill try the bait on the tip set up like you suggest and i'll have more then pics to back me up as the  Other ice shanty boys will be there with me also. Tight lines jake and get some big ol Ling for me.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2004, 01:16 PM »
Hey jake did you have a trailer hook on that lil Ling you had there? I seen a trble hook hanging sort of side ways off that Glowjig was just wondering if you set it up with a treblehook trailer? Anyhow nice catches man....You must Love the LING as much as I do...Your family eat alot of Ling also jake? Or do you practice catch and release alot?

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2004, 02:11 PM »
the lil' ling hit the main hook, but the trailers have cut my fish loss by about 75%...my buddy caught that one though.  I have been starting to catch and realease alot more burbot, I've caught many more than me and my roomates can eat, but we like them alot.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2004, 06:25 AM »
Listne jake there is never Enough Ling for Your roommates to eat...Dude have a ling party! Sned the pics jake as i love em..Can you next time get a close up of just the Ling? Your coloerations there are AMazing compared to my brown slime bag ling lol Tight lines jake and thanks!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2004, 05:20 PM »
Nice ctahes there jake and BArly and Barly Dog maybe next year ill take a trip out to alaska For a nite or 2 of fishing for the ling Nice coleration on them also jake thanks for the pic...by the way how thick is the ice where you guyz are?

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2004, 07:19 PM »
anywhere from 36 inches to not making it through with the auger....way tooo much

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.