The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Iced Musky  (Read 1226 times)

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Iced Musky
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2021, 02:24 PM »
nice one !   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2021, 02:40 PM »
If that dude is out there somewhere.... congrats to him

Offline ddgst7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Check out my IG @perfect_drifter412
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2021, 03:08 PM »
Nice fish, the dude who owns Wholey's restaurant in Pittsburgh and his buddy will catch 10-15 fish over 45" if the upper Allegheny freezes.  They're tight lipped on their spots but I'm pretty sure they fish around Tionesta and the back channel around there and try to get as close to the main river as possible without dying.  It's absolutely ridiculous the amount of 50 inchers they will catch if they get good ice, it will blow your mind.  Check out @nicholascolangelo on IG. 

You may remember this article https://www.outdoornews.com/2015/03/16/huge-muskie-caught-released-through-ice-photo/

They said they caught it in Arthur but I call 100% BS, that fish was caught on the river. 
Army Vet OEF 2012-2014
Clam Nanook XL Thermal
Haat Custom Rods
Mags Custom Rods

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:03 PM »
I'd love to ice fish the river but it scares the crap out of me..

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2021, 07:03 PM »
I'd love to ice fish the river but it scares the crap out of me..
ditto
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline KevinM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2021, 07:07 PM »
That is a Beast!  I get scared on 6 inches of when it starts singing, I would never go on a river, but that pic makes it tempting!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2021, 06:46 AM »
WOW! Would LOVE to ice a big monster like that someday............... ........  :o
Where's the FISH?!

Offline paramedicjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:07 PM »
Look for the old sand and gravel backwaters , that will get you a start . It is cool to catch toothed critters on ice and watch them jump in open water in the river . Just be aware , you may have a diver duck grab your bait . That gets interesting fast.

Offline ddgst7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:38 PM »
Paramedicjake, saw a duck video LOL that was funny.  Any back channel of the Allegheny will have musky, having the testicular fortitude to stand 30ft from running water on 2.5-3 inches of ice is another thing entirely.   
Army Vet OEF 2012-2014
Clam Nanook XL Thermal
Haat Custom Rods
Mags Custom Rods

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:56 PM »
I know a few of those places near reno and oil city...but it needs to be a ballz cold  winter for me to get on that ice.  Not these weak ace winters we've had lately.

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2021, 06:28 PM »
Nice fish, the dude who owns Wholey's restaurant in Pittsburgh and his buddy will catch 10-15 fish over 45" if the upper Allegheny freezes.  They're tight lipped on their spots but I'm pretty sure they fish around Tionesta and the back channel around there and try to get as close to the main river as possible without dying.  It's absolutely ridiculous the amount of 50 inchers they will catch if they get good ice, it will blow your mind.  Check out @nicholascolangelo on IG. 

You may remember this article https://www.outdoornews.com/2015/03/16/huge-muskie-caught-released-through-ice-photo/

They said they caught it in Arthur but I call 100% BS, that fish was caught on the river.

I was told lock 9 area

Offline ddgst7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2021, 07:37 PM »
I was told lock 9 area

They honestly fish everywhere on the Allegheny both boat and ice. I've seen the one guy casting up Tionesta in the spring by the light house
Army Vet OEF 2012-2014
Clam Nanook XL Thermal
Haat Custom Rods
Mags Custom Rods

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.