Author Topic: bluegill catagory  (Read 2980 times)

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
bluegill catagory
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:08 PM »
I don't understand a bluegill category and no Crappie .I don't ever here any body bragging about a huge bluegill like other species.Let alone they are a pest sometimes when targeting other fish.
Still waiting for that huge crappie to land in my frying pan.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: bluegill catagory
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:45 PM »
I don't understand a bluegill category and no Crappie .I don't ever here any body bragging about a huge bluegill like other species.Let alone they are a pest sometimes when targeting other fish.

Each year there are different catagories. Last year was crappie i believe
EYECONICFISHING

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009, 07:11 PM »
That would be good,I just never watched the tourney previous years.Sorry If I offended the gill fisherman,gals.I dont fish for gills in the summer so I figure why should I settle for them in the winter.Although I would keep a big one.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:26 AM »
You REALLY need to find yourself some gills if you want to find out what real fun on the ice is!!

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2009, 03:16 PM »
You REALLY need to find yourself some gills if you want to find out what real fun on the ice is!!
Yes i can see some fun ,which I have caught many,but I enjoy pulling a 14 or 15 inch crappie through the ice alot more

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2009, 11:15 AM »
Yes i can see some fun ,which I have caught many,but I enjoy pulling a 14 or 15 inch crappie through the ice alot more
I'll promise you one thing. An 11" gill will pull much harder and way longer than any 14" crappie ever would ;)

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:40 PM »
It is what it is.  And, isn't it free to enter???  How many derbies on the internet can you enter for free, catch a big bluegill, and win some prizes?  It's still free, yep...free.  Pretty darned good.  The guys that put this together work pretty darned hard to please the membership of this forum, and the vast majority of it is donated time or prizes, from members too. 

It's free?  Yep, still free.  It's stuff like this, but more importantly people like those that put for the effort for everyone, that make this the best ice fishing site on the internet.

Kudos to Lone Wolf, by the way.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.