Author Topic: Anyone been to Cascade in the past week?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Anyone been to Cascade in the past week?
« on: Feb 05, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Headin up tomorrow. Lookin for some more hog perch and maybe a trout or two

Offline Riverwanderer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone been to Cascade in the past week?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2010, 10:51 PM »
Icehogger,

Was there Wed. Down by surgarloaf. We caught 9 fish (9" to 13.5") in about 23' of water. We had tried everything from 9' to 40' but the fish didn't seem to get active until about 2pm. We saw a lot of fish in a few holes but could not get them to bite. Best bait; a silver kastmaster with night crawler or a split shot & painted (pink) hook with a wax worm.

Ice was not as slushy but you might want your water proof calf high boots.

Good Fishing !!!!
Good Fishing
   Dave
<'((()))><

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2010, 06:13 PM »
Just got back from cascade, didn't stay as long as usual, had to leave by 2pm. Caught 7 perch, one was a dink and 6 were right around 12" give or take. Seemed like I had to move around quite a bit. Still a great day! Looking forward to the cascade cup ice derby next weekend, sat and sun :)

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:47 AM »
just got back from a tue/weds trip. limited out both days. my friend landed the biggest, 20" 4.5# cocho sow.

Offline mattcarlson7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2010, 07:10 PM »
HOG FISH!  New guy here...we seem to do really well on the perch at cascade, 30-40 per outing over 10 but dont catch trout like that!  heading up monday agaiin give me your secret!

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:02 PM »
I have noticed a little more response from the perch to red wigglers over the nightcrawlers. Not sure if it means anything but it has seemed to make a difference for me.
Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

Offline jezzhuntin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2010, 11:12 AM »
just got back from a tue/weds trip. limited out both days. my friend landed the biggest, 20" 4.5# cocho sow.

Dam that was a helluva day.  nice.

Offline mattcarlson7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Went yesterday, no trout, but we caught about 80 perch total 30 perch over that 10-11 inch range.  caught two that were super hogs, ill try to get some pictures up tonight.  Fishing was fast and furious with lots of little ones until about 11...then it got very slow...maybe one keeper an hour with about 5-6 little ones in the same period the rest of the day

Offline mattcarlson7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:29 PM »

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2010, 12:15 AM »
nice PERCH!! looks like a fish fry at your place.
how are the surface conditions(slush, crust, soup. slop, hardpak)?

Offline mattcarlson7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2010, 08:26 AM »
GREAT ICE...was burying the auger to get through it...there was a false layer when we first got out with an inch or so on top, but by the time we left there was 3 inches of water with another 10 inches of snow...made it pretty crappy...glad the fish were biting!

Offline icefishingnut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Nice mess of fish there Matt!  Just curious if you would be willing to share where you were fishing and what you were using for bait.  I have been fishing quite a few times at Poisin Creek this year and did really well at the beginning of the year right when the first ice formed but it has been pretty slow up there lately.  I fished last Saturday from about 12:30 until 5:00 and only caught 2 keepers and no little ones.  I have heard reports that Boulder Creek and Sugarloaf Island have been decent so just wondering if you were at either of those places.  Also..what depth were you fishing.  The days that I have done well it seemed like the magical depth was 20 to 25 feet.  Anyway, any information you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks and good fishing to all!!

Offline mattcarlson7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:48 AM »
within 6 inches of the bottom, using crawlers, we go out and drill about 50 holes for 4-5 guys and just move around til we find fish...no real secret to it...i dont know if there is a magic depth we just drop the lines to the bottom...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.