Author Topic: Introducing Trophy Strike ice fishing products and our new 120v Ice Auger  (Read 14745 times)

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Hello fellow Ice Fishermen!

We are happy to be a new sponsor of the IceShanty forum!  Just a little about ourselves, we are a manufacture of Farm & Ranch accessories (ranchex.com), Outdoor Power Equipment (dirtyhandtools.com), Li-ion power equipment (redbackpower.com), and now…by extension Hunting and Fishing products.  Our new website for hunting and fishing is TrophyStrike.com. (all apologies for the crudeness of our other websites, those will be updated in the spring)

We engineer, manufacture/assemble all of our products in Colorado.  You’ll see our other brands at Lowes, TSC, Menards, Costco, Homedepot, and many Farm and Ranch Retailers around the country.

We launched the Trophy Strike ice fishing products late this winter.  Our hunting line is still in development so we are currently focused on ice fishing for now.  Namely: shelters, hand augers, tools, and most excitingly….our new 120v 8” ice auger.

The new Trophy Strike ice auger is truly revolutionary.  It is the MOST POWERFUL Li-Ion auger on the market.  It features:
•   120v Li-Ion Samsung battery cells
•   High output DC brushless motor
•   2 amp hr battery (240 watt hrs of energy)
•   Patent pending mechanical impact function to speed up drilling
•   Forward and Reverse operation for chip flushing
•   Battery charger (approx 1.5 hr charge time, from empty)
•   Insulated battery bag
•   32” auger and 12” extension
•   25.2 lbs (120v powerhead, 8" auger, 2 amp-hr battery)
•   5 year limited warranty
•   MSRP of $599 (includes all of the above)

Extensive testing has shown that our unit will drill an 8” hole through 20” of ice in about 8 seconds or less.  On a fully charged battery, with a 19 deg ambient temperature we drilled over 96 holes during testing.  When tested against our leading competitor’s latest offering, the 120v Trophy Strike Ice Auger is up to twice as fast and can drill up to 50% more holes per charge.  1800” of ice drilling per charge is easily obtainable.

We had a limited release of the 120v products this winter and look for a full roll out next fall with even more exciting improvements making their way into the product line for 2017-18.

For now, check out the following:

Facebook page (just launched):  https://www.facebook.com/trophystrike/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/trophystrike/

120v ice auger comparison video: 

Trophy Strike product video: 

We are looking forward to being a long term sponsor of this site and utilizing the expertise of this community to help us develop and improve our products in the future!!  We will be offering discounts to forum members in the future!

Regards,
The Trophy Strike team

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Welcome Trophy Strike Team.       :thumbsup:

Thank you for becominga Sponsor.     :bow:

Nice website!       :clap:

Here's wishing you success.     ;)2

Offline StevenB

• Team IceShanty Regular
WELCOME and thank you for being a new sponsor.
StevenB

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Welcome and thank you for sponsoring our great site.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Love it, kudos for the sponsorship

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Thank you for the warm welcomes.  Again we hope to have a great relationship with the forum, even though we are a little late for the season.....we plan to be here for a long time!

Here are a couple of videos you should watch:

40V ice auger testing in Alaska.  We wanted to get into some really thick ice....so we headed North....way North. 

And this comparison video is most important: 

Attached are a few pictures from recent testing.  I think we'll be up in Georgetown CO in the next week or two.  Had a great time with some locals on the ice up there!!  They wanted to buy our samples off of us....  Offered $750 for a 120v auger after they drilled 20-30 holes.  We told them we couldn't sell it to them for that much.....but we could sell it to them for half that amount.  They were pretty happy.

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
On the website other power heads, also 40v. And nowhere to be found the WEIGHT of anything. Must not be something to brag about.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
On the website other power heads, also 40v. And nowhere to be found the WEIGHT of anything. Must not be something to brag about.
You may have missed where Trophy Strike said: " The lightest 120v auger on the market".        :nono:

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie

Thanks for pointing that out on our website....we'll update it.  See the sponsorship is already helping us out.

To answer your question: 
40v (8" dia auger, 4.0 amp hr battery, and powerhead) = 23.3 lbs
120v (8" dia auger, 2.0 amp hr battery, and powerhead) = 25.2 lbs

It is the lightest 120v auger on the market!!!   ;D

Very close in weight to our competition.  Note we have slightly wider handle bars due to the increased torque of the unit, and the mechanical impact function adds a little bit of weight.  Our augers are also made out of slightly heavier gauge material.  We think the durability and performance gain is worth the weight.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Welcome to the site and thank you for being a sponsor. 

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Welcome to IceShanty!  Good to see an up-and-coming Colorado ice fishing company out of Westminster --- looks like some quality gear.  Let me know if you ever need a fellow Colorado ice fisherman to beta test anything in exchange for honest reviews...  ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Welcome to IceShanty!  Good to see an up-and-coming Colorado ice fishing company out of Westminster --- looks like some quality gear.  Let me know if you ever need a fellow Colorado ice fisherman to beta test anything in exchange for honest reviews...  ;D

Thank you sir...we'll happily take you up on that offer in the future.  Keep in touch!!

Offline Turbo jig2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome to the site. Nice to see somebody else getting into the game. I see you sell just the power head, Could I attach a strikemaster auger to it?

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Welcome to the site. Nice to see somebody else getting into the game. I see you sell just the power head, Could I attach a strikemaster auger to it?

You could in theory, but our powerhead output is 20mm dia....we are considering making adapters for those that prefer other branded augers on the market (5/8" and 3/4" inputs).  We have been testing with a variety of auger designs, there is even enough torque to push chipper blades.

Offline Turbo jig2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cool. That's good to know that it has no issue with a chipper blade. That's what I prefer to use

Offline shawn30

• IceShanty Rookie
Feedback on the website: I'd be interested in how much the tents weigh and what they look like in the backpack. 

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Feedback on the website: I'd be interested in how much the tents weigh and what they look like in the backpack.

We will get that updated next week....thanks for pointing that out!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Is this the Redback?

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
You could in theory, but our powerhead output is 20mm dia....we are considering making adapters for those that prefer other branded augers on the market (5/8" and 3/4" inputs).  We have been testing with a variety of auger designs, there is even enough torque to push chipper blades.

I thought chipper blades didn't require as much torque but higher speed?

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Is this the Redback?

Our Li-Ion Outdoor Power Equipment is branded Redback.  The Trophy Strike powerhead is unique to ice fishing.  We use the same charger and batteries for both....so we can keep the cost down.  You'll have to check out our 120v Redback lawnmower in the summer!

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Our Li-Ion Outdoor Power Equipment is branded Redback.  The Trophy Strike powerhead is unique to ice fishing.  We use the same charger and batteries for both....so we can keep the cost down

Depends on the angle of the blade and the RPM.  They key, and here we really agree with our competition, is to find a good combination that goes through the very last bit of the hole cleanly so it is a smooth finish.

Offline Yachtzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any plans on making a 9" auger?

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Any plans on making a 9" auger?

No....but we are thinking about a 10" in the future...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
whats different. I seen the redback has 120v head to? can they handle a 10in for the wheel house.

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
whats different. I seen the redback has 120v head to? can they handle a 10in for the wheel house.

We started to develop on the Redback brand....but decided to create a new Hunting/Fishing brand under Trophy Strike.  There will be no fishing products under Redback.  That is strictly OPE. The power head was developed just for ice fishing.... lots of changes: gear box, PCB, programming, reverse function, mechanical impact, RPM....

We do not have  10" auger yet.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
We started to develop on the Redback brand....but decided to create a new Hunting/Fishing brand under Trophy Strike.  There will be no fishing products under Redback.  That is strictly OPE. The power head was developed just for ice fishing.... lots of changes: gear box, PCB, programming, reverse function, mechanical impact, RPM....

We do not have  10" auger yet.

I get ya....same stuff, but just going to put a marketing brand to it.......So will redback still have them has post hole diggers?

If you want into the electric market and you want to have success my suggestion is you need to be able to spin a 10in auger with a center point for in wheel houses, and you need to be able to do it well.

The Ion is an over priced unit IMO when compare to the clam plate drill setups. Both those setups are pretty much limited to the 8in and under augers. I know a lot of wheel house guys want an electric that will actually cut a 10in hole and do it well. If you can do it you'll seperate yourself.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice looking augers.

Posted a question on your FB page about engine manufacturer on your gas units..
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am very curious about your augers. Are they manufactured in Colorado, or just assembled there. Can you go into real detail about your gas auger? What brand/type of carburetor do you use, and is it adjustable? Who built the engine? It says "high compression" but that's not really feasible with 87 octane gas, or does it require 91 octane?

I have no interest in hub style houses. Everybody makes a hub house, and I don't like any of them. If you want to be different, beat Eskimo to the crossover game. The Evo 2 idea is great, but Eskimo quality just isn't there. I would actually prefer if you just sold it as a kit for an Otter sled, which is by far the best sled out today.
-Tom

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
Gone fishing for the weekend....  If you have technical questions, please feel free to PM us.  We can usually respond pretty quickly during the week.

Again thanks for all of the feedback and warm response.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Is this the Redback?

That was going to be my question too. .

It seems the Redback auger videos I've seen are calling the same auger 120V and 40V...

I know it uses 120v to charge, but is the output on the battery actually 120v?

You're also saying "the lightest 120v auger" which if true, makes it the only 120v auger...

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.