The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: The 11TH Team Maine moosehead lake annual expidition   up dated 2 /28/18   (Read 12983 times)

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
I'm interested Lavaman! I see that and think chowda! Bruiser cusk, winner there correct?
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Cuskasaurus  :tipup:  Saw on the webcams today that Moosehead south of Beaver Cove is skimmed.

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
i will be putting on a cusk fishing clinic for for all that is interested. im kind of a big deal. lol and they are not crap fish. i will cook some up to prove this.

POOP FISH

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The 11TH Team Maine moosehead lake annual expidition  
« Reply #33 on: Dec 16, 2017, 07:55 AM »
  I live in Buxton  you can ride up with me if you want
      thanks linguini  I have my truck  not sure I can get time off  must be time to retire
in god we trust

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
looks like you have a full house
in god we trust

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
getting close  that is why  I ask for dep . to hold the spot   but  their is still a few open

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
their  are still spots open  if anybody  wants to go

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Hey all!  My brother Josh (not on the forum) and I are coming out from Colorado, at the invitation of Kevin.  I used to live in MA and I use to fish with Kevin and Mark (F.R.E.D.). Can't wait to meet everyone, play some cards, eat some good food, and FISH!
Nate
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey all!  My brother Josh (not on the forum) and I are coming out from Colorado, at the invitation of Kevin.  I used to live in MA and I use to fish with Kevin and Mark (F.R.E.D.). Can't wait to meet everyone, play some cards, eat some good food, and FISH!
Nate
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Can't wait to head up there!!!!
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
from  some of  the pics I have been seeing  their has been some huge brookies   3 to 5 pound range being caught as well as some large  lakers to

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
from  some of  the pics I have been seeing  their has been some huge brookies   3 to 5 pound range being caught as well as some large  lakers to
Sweet!  I know we're using traps, but I gotta jig too. Let me know if you have suggestions for gear and tackle to bring. I have some laker rod setups I could possibly pack. Could be a little hard to bring my flasher on the plane, though. ;D

Is Moosehead Slade bait shop the spot for bait/gear?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
BigBass, I'm heading up tonight for a few days. No tipups, just jigging this trip. First serious attempt at jigging them, I'll post about how I do.

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm interested Lavaman! I see that and think chowda! Bruiser cusk, winner there correct?

YUUUUUUUP !!!!!!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
There's fish in Moosehead for sure guys. My wife and I had three days on the ice, Friday was the best numbers wise with over 30 togue between us. Yesterday was a tough bite, but we (she) caught the biggest fish of the trip, about 4 lbs.  ;D  Not a monster by any means, but great fun on a jigging rod.

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

I was looking on face book tonight  and saw a couple of brookies  over the 3 pound range  and the winner of the derby had a laker over 8 lbs

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
There's fish in Moosehead for sure guys. My wife and I had three days on the ice, Friday was the best numbers wise with over 30 togue between us. Yesterday was a tough bite, but we (she) caught the biggest fish of the trip, about 4 lbs.  ;D  Not a monster by any means, but great fun on a jigging rod.

thanks  for the up date  just counting the  days  now

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Moosehead Lake Fishing Report – 1/29/18

Winner! Winner! Lake Trout for Dinner!

Here’s a quick summary on the 11th Annual Moosehead Lake Togue Derby with Ricky Craven.  The weather was pretty good by derby standards and travel conditions were great on the big lake for the three day ice fishing event.  It seemed like the best fishing was on Friday and Saturday morning, then it tailed off as the weekend wore on. NREC sold 728 tickets this year (up 4 tickets from last year’s record) and we had 143 children’s names entered in the youth raffle. The winner of the biggest togue was David Larry of Abbot with an 8.3 pound fish.  It was in exceptional shape and almost two inches shorter than the second-place fish which was weighed in by John Gallant of Augusta at an even 7.0 pounds. Jacob Turner of Hermon came in third with a nice 6.2 pound fish.
The grand door prize, which was a choice of three vacation packages for two adults (Orlando, Las Vegas, or Caribbean cruise) or $1,500 cash, was won by Billy Clifford of Nobleboro.  We also gave away some firearms, and ice auger/jet sled ice fishing package, a check for $250, and dozens of other great door prizes.
Kyle Bagley of Parkman won first prize in the youth drawing and Trevor Martin from Hartland will be cruising around town this summer on his new bike donated by Northwoods Outfitters in Greenville. 
Ricky Craven emceed the wild game dinner on Saturday night and helped draw the names of the prize winners.  A good time was had by all! NREC would like to thank all the sponsors and donors that make this derby into a terrific community event.  We hope to see everyone again next year! You can check out the NRECmoosehead Facebook page for more photos and information about the derby.

Tim Obrey, Regional Fisheries Biologist, Moosehead Lake Region

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for posting that woodchip. I was wondering what the winning fished weighed. The assessment of the fish's health jives with what I saw, all of the fish were healthy and stocky. Granted no big ones, but they were pretty fish. Also the comment about the bite, exactly what happened to us....Friday was hot, the fish turned off Saturday afternoon in the east wind. No fish were caught driving home Sunday.  ::)  ;D

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Thanks for the update, woodchip --- that sounds like a successful derby!  I'm hoping we can get into some bigger lakers (as we call them out here) on the jig rod during our March expedition.  Oh, and maybe a burbot (cusk) or two.   ;)  I'm starting to look over Moosehead bathymetry maps to get a good idea of what to expect.  It sounds like we'll be in good hands with gents like eiderz, linguini, lavaman, and all the other experts!   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  Time  to start  thing about  the food  who is bring  what 

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
How's that kitchen stocked Dave? Large pots, roasting pans stuff like that?
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Are crock pots available? If so, I can do crock pot chili one day --- nice to have it ready when we get off the ice.

I also make a MEAN Mississippi roast.

There a grocery store close by for ingredients?

And I'm bringing Allen's coffee brandy!   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
How's that kitchen stocked Dave? Large pots, roasting pans stuff like that?

yes  their was  last year

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Are crock pots available? If so, I can do crock pot chili one day --- nice to have it ready when we get off the ice.

I also make a MEAN Mississippi roast.

There a grocery store close by for ingredients?

And I'm bringing Allen's coffee brandy!   ;D
   their is a store in Greenville  that has everything  from  food to fishing gear we  go by it on the way to camp

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
we are now  full but if anybody wants to go  I can put you on a list and if someone cancels you would be added   thanks

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
IF ANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING ARE BRING A SLED OR WHEELER PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
1 sled
   thanks  jrelaxen is bring 2 sleds  and Iam as well .  It would make it a lot easier if you have one please bring it with you 

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.