Author Topic: NE RI Ice Today  (Read 2126 times)

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
NE RI Ice Today
« on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Saw two sleds fishing the north End of Keech, across from the Gloucester Transfer station. (I still call it the Dump.) Bowdish has a good 3 inches and getting tight. Waterman has a skim but was mostly open yesterday. Bathwater tomorrow won't help us keep it, but if the overnight lows hold we'll keep what we have so far. Fingers crossed. Good Luck to all who are out today...Be careful Spud and move...
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
Re: NE RI Ice Today
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Does anyone have anything good to report on Norther RI Ice???Was hoping that the 50 plus hours of below freezing temp locked it up somewhere...still suppose to be below freezing until tomorrow afternoon
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline nickrich13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2019, 09:11 AM »
In the cove by the  dam at peck pond  has 4 inches. I checked Wilson's ND Wakefield didn't find anything safe

Offline Mikehimself

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2019, 10:51 AM »
Whats up guys, New to posting here but always see a lot of good info on this thread. I checked my spot in NE RI yesterday morning, all locked up but the edges were still too thin only about 2 inches. Planning on giving it another check Monday with hopes of getting out there Tuesday morning.

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Man it’s been cold. Tomorrow morning I’m gunna go for a drive with the spud and see what I can find, have a feeling there might be some small ponds locked up good. Haven’t had time to check yet this week. Planning on heading north/ west

Offline Sic fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2019, 03:57 PM »
Went out with a buddy today and checked a few small shallow ponds out by carbuncle .....3 inch in a few spots with lots of 2 inch all around it....one pond only had 1 inch on half and 3 on the other half....clear strong ice but definetly  be careful ....northwestern RI probably had 4 inch on.the right body of water

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2019, 04:54 AM »
Think small and secluded. I was on 4"yesterday.
Just add water.

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2019, 07:54 PM »
Got out today. 4"-5" out in the NW area. No fish but the weather was perfect. Looked like a few other people had been out not too long ago there

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Was off the Front Lawn yesterday on a good 3-4 inches (cut 3 holes) didn't have live bait but jigged off and on through the 3. No Fish, was only out about and hour. Set the 3 holes up for future use if the weather holds the ice. Used the 2X4 to clear the weeds out under the ice seemed to work pretty well. Left some sticks in the holes to give me an idea where the weeds have been cut down.

And we're off!!!!!!
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.