Author Topic: 2 man portable shanty?  (Read 2695 times)

Offline KeystoneICE

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
2 man portable shanty?
« on: Dec 01, 2005, 10:53 PM »
What is the best two man portable shanty out there right now?  Just wondering if anybody had any problems with theirs.  Thanks.
Time to fish.

Offline C-web

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2 man portable shanty?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2005, 08:18 AM »
I bought a quick flip II last year. I really like it and with the bench seats u can fit three people in if u want too.  I have no complaints! :-X

Offline mnfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:34 AM »
I too own the Eskimo QFII and it is a great portable.  The bench is fairly comfortable and I love the door in it.  If you are a bigger person you may want to look into a QFIII.  It is a little bit bigger but mostly taller.

You can't go wrong with these houses though.  Towards Xmas they will go on sale at Fleet Farm for around $235 and they sell normally for $275.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I have to say I love my Shappell 3000...quick and easy set up, doubles as a sled with moulds to hold your buckets. Very comfortable and just as easy to set up for one man...Price ticket is reasonable as well

Offline settlepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Shappell DX3000 all the way! windows are nice and large you can see quite a way.

falkon

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2005, 08:06 AM »
how well will a shappell 3000 hold the heat in?

Offline frankrizzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2005, 08:24 AM »
It holds heat really well ......This is my first year with the 3000dx and I love it. easy to set up and stays nice and warm with my portable buddy heater on low.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:03 AM »
The Shappell does hold heat. I usally set her up and then throw my jacket and toque in the car. She keeps me warm. It has 2 full length windows that helps bring in some sunshine...If you have a little extra cash i would receomend jumping up a step to the bigger model Shappell. I bought the 3000dx last season and love it..but this year at the BassPro Shop I stepped into the new bigger model and it was huge!..much more room and I like the idea that they reverse the fishing holes..one guy fishes right the other left. Great product

Offline BassHouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:46 AM »
The shappell 3000DX is the single best purchase I have made for Ice fishing.  It stays warm, is very rugged and the windows offer the best visibility out there.  I usually set it up myself and it is a breeze.  I have made a few modifications to mine for anchoring.  I put some eye-bolts on the corners and use a carabener and an ice-climbing anchor to keep it put.  I also added a nylon strap to one of the bucket holders to prevent tipping when pulling with an ATV (see pics).  I also put some small caster wheels on the bottom to help when I am dragging it over asphalt or dirt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.