Author Topic: 2-person flip over shelter ???  (Read 3487 times)

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
2-person flip over shelter ???
« on: Jul 31, 2011, 12:27 AM »
I'm going to buy myself a 2 man flip-over shelter this year. I was wondering what ones you guys owned and what you like about it. THIS IS NOT A THIS ONES BETTER POST!!! I would just like to see the different models out there. I'm not sure of all the types out there so this should give a good idea. Thanks ahead of time.
 :tipup: :icefish:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 2-person flip over shelter ???
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2011, 12:33 AM »
i own 2 clams but if i was to buy a new 1 it would be an otter have several friends that have them and these boys fish hard ,all most everyday for 3 months straight ,but there are web sites to all most all of them , good luck shopping ,take your time get what works for you , tite lines

surflizard

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2011, 10:34 AM »
I have had my Frabill Ranger XL Twin for 12 years now without having had any trouble with it what so ever ! They make a Rugged and Reliable Portable ! Good luck with what ever brand you choose !

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2011, 12:46 PM »
I've had my Frabill DLX for 4 seasons so far and would buy another one in a heartbeat. Plenty of room for two big guys.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2011, 02:43 PM »
I have an old Frabill Ranger XL Twin like Surfy's. I have really enjoyed it and now I have a short bed pickup and have to use something else. I read comments about this shack is built better or this shack is the best on the market. I think a lot of it is brand loyalty or the part of the country that you live in. I have never owned Clam or Otter which are well liked shacks, but I do believe there are people out there that could beat a cast iron ingot to death in one season. My idea is to check them all out, buy the one that you like best for your own use and take care of it like Surfy and I have our Frabills. There isn't a brand out there that someone won't say "they don't hold up." about.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline frankrizzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2011, 04:37 PM »
I have a clam Guide and a scout. The guide has been a great shack. its 7 years old and held up to a lot of abuse. The scout is 3 years old and is great for when I want to go it alone. But after sitting in a Otter shack I have the bug. It might cost more but the build is awesome. I ordered one last night to see which is better.

Offline giiufh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2011, 08:04 AM »
I have had my fish trap thermal x for two seasons and love it,  but time shall tell how it holds up. Have heard a few negative comments on their quality nowadays. But, overall , I am very happy so far.
"In winter we shovel. In summer we swat mosquitoes. In spring and fall we rest up for shoveling and swatting."

Offline Doc Hollywood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2011, 12:39 AM »
Im not sure if you are pulling with sled or atv, I had a HT Polar Express Magnum and it was Nice unless pulling by hand at all as the sled was boxey and not rounded at all and pulled like a tank. It was durable and priced ok, but I couldnt pull it by hand with any type of snowfall.

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2011, 06:23 AM »

Check out the Otter brand.. square tubing and built heavier ..This is actually a 1 man, but easily holds 2 adult people (I've done it lots) and love mine! ;

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.