The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: white fishing  (Read 2433 times)

Offline hillmannfamily

• IceShanty Rookie
white fishing
« on: Nov 27, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Is anyone out there going whitefishing this year, i dont know if my shack will be done in time it burned 2 years ago.

Offline hillmannfamily

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: white fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2005, 08:27 AM »
does anyone know what dipnetting for whitefish  is ?   you make a hole a foot wide and eight feet long through the ice put into it a 8x8 foot net and let it set on the bottom then you set a dark house over the hole when you see a few fish swiming low aver the net you pull like hell till the frame of the net hits the ice and traps the fish between the ice and the net to get the fish you use a landing net which sometimes takes a long time and you are swearing at the person with the landing net because you see a bunch going under the net  usually we can get our limit for 3 people in 4 hours 25lbs plus on fish per person.

Offline taz54868

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 02:08 PM »
heard of that before.  i have caught them on a jig pole before  fun when they are hitting.  What lake do you get  your white fish out of?

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:32 PM »
I heard they were doing really well on Balsam Lake in Polk Cnty for whities

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline bmoc2525

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2006, 09:37 AM »
I have never heard there were whitefish in Balsam lake. I did not think it was deep enough.
Hard water, cold beer, and a warm shanty make for a good day!

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2006, 09:50 AM »
That's just what I heard on lake-link dot com

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2006, 10:01 AM »
I know absolutely nothing about whitefishing in Balsam lake or anywhere else.  What I do know is that I need to turn my BS filter all the way up when surfing Lake-Link.com.  I'm not saying there aren't whitefish in Balsam, Fishuhalik, nor I'm I questioning your prowess as fisherman or web surfer.  Just saying that L-L is full of misinfo, in my experience and that IS is wonderfully honest and informative.  Ice fishermen are the best.  I'm still glad I found you guys.
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2006, 10:13 AM »
Hmm, maybe I'll have to re-evaluate my thinking about 'em.  I've only been on the site for a couple weeks.  Thanks for the heads up, though

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.