The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: sorry for this sad news guys but holden bait and party store burned down  (Read 752 times)

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sorry for this sad news guys but holden bait and party store burned down fire started at 530am in a deep fryer...according to pete the owner... I will keep you posted if holden's reopens!   

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/holdens-party-store-in-milford-burns-down/35057970

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
odd no talk of fire extinguishers.
ours are pointing one nozzle over each fryer and over the griddle. i would have thought the fire inspecter would have made them install one for it. makes me glad we have them after seeing what happens in an oil fire. if they had one it didn't function i would like to know why.

too bad for sure, but should be better than ever when they get back on their feet. never been there or heard of it before. good things are worth waiting for.

"The family intends to rebuild".

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
yes this is very sad for the family.Pete is my cousins fater in law.
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
Sorry to hear of the loss, though an opportunity to rebuild is an opportunity to make some improvements they may have wanted to do.

And by Gawd, a 3 piece chicken dinner for $5.99 is a helluva deal, warsh it down with some of them there discount priced Miller Lights and you got yourself a nice low budget Friday night  :tipup:

Good luck to them with the rebuild, glad to hear all are safe

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
Thats a real drag
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
for those coming form m-59 there is this
http://www.mitchbiz.com/

for those by us -23 there is Midwest sports on old us-23.
and south of Midwest sports is ricks bait shacks on whitmore lake...

gander only carries waxies/ spikes etc...  just a tip......

any how till holdens party store rebuilds hope I can help you at least find some bait... 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.