Author Topic: Icegator  (Read 18037 times)

Offline flipstick

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Icegator
« Reply #60 on: Jan 04, 2010, 06:06 AM »
O.K. I got to chime in on this Icegator.... as the ice thikens, and my old gas auger is not wanting to start, and last year was giving us trouble cutting even after new blades, I thought the Icegator to be an option.  I have been very impressed with the video, and everyone's testimony on here is nothing but steller, so I go to the web site yesterday to price one thinking it should be pretty reasonable. 
All I can say is I have a bit of sticker shock!!! I expected this item to be considerably less than a Jiffy or Strikmaster gas auger but I was mistaken?  I am just surprised the cost is $389.00 when I have to use my ol auger.  It just doesn't seem like it should be that expensive for an electric motor, the batteries and the adaptor.  I figured it would be at least half the cost of a conventional top of the line gas auger?  Am I missing something?  Again, very impressive peice of equiptment, but I guess I am going to have to save up for a while to get one. :(
Yeah they are pricey but I helped pay for mine by selling a bunch of stuff on Ebay and in about a week's time, I had enough to purchase my own last year.  I have a gas auger and it doesn't do nearly the job the gator does cause I use my lazer auger ( best hand auger ever built ).  If you'd look around I'm sure you can find a lot of stuff you don't even use anymore and could sell on Ebay.  Just a hint on how you could raise the money to help pay for one.  And I'll put mine up against any gas auger anyday.  flipstick

Offline musicmanmobiledj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:50 PM »
are you missing something lets see

gas stinks and gets all over your stuff and pollutes are water icegator doesnt
gas you have to pull and hope it starts icegator you push a button and your done
gas auger heavy ice gator much lighter
gas auger bulky ice gator easily stored and breaks down easily
gas auger noisey ice gator not at all
gas auger annual maintance ice gator plug it in and charge batteries (i am on 3rd season no problems yet using 8inch auger)
did i mention gas stinks
hope this helped i feel this is the best investment i have made for icefishing

the jiffy is iffy the dont be a hater just buy the gator hahahahaha

Offline HawgSticka

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Boom..there's one!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Where can I get one of these in the morning evrywhere I looked they are gone!
Crossed His Eyes!

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 11, 2010, 10:23 AM »
The bait and hook store in fortwayne had the attacker model the last timr i was there,about 3 days ago.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Go to the web site there is list of dealers there. I drove over to the factory to get mine. A friend of mine dumped his out of the back of his truck the other day, it did bend his auger a little but no real damage to the adapter or the ice gator! They are built to last!
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline IceJunkie0602

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 30, 2010, 08:26 PM »
About how many holes do you get out of one charge.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:12 AM »
more holes than I need in a day    but always charge it back up right away   never keep going to kill the battery because it will    I do personally know of 70+ holes in 18" of ice   
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline jdenmanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 05, 2010, 08:40 PM »
I drilled more holes with my 18V Dewalt/2 batteries than my buddy with his Gator, 22 more. I already had the drill and the 6" laser so I made an adapter out of rebar. It is awesome!!!!   I'LL NEVER TURN A HANDLE AGAIN!  LOL  IT WEIGHS ALOT LESS TOO, THE WEIGHT IS ONLY COMPARABLE IF YOU ADD MY BUCKET, POLES, AND SCOOPER THAT'S DANGLIN OFF THE END.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 05, 2010, 08:44 PM »
 ;) he must have 1 sick Gator!!!!!!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2010, 07:26 AM »
batteries must have been dead  I know for a fact as I also used one of those adapters and 4 batteries few years back  that no way possible a drill   except directly hooked to a generator could even closely and exceed a Icegator

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Feb 06, 2010, 05:30 PM »
are you missing something lets see

gas stinks and gets all over your stuff and pollutes are water icegator doesnt
gas you have to pull and hope it starts icegator you push a button and your done
gas auger heavy ice gator much lighter
gas auger bulky ice gator easily stored and breaks down easily
gas auger noisey ice gator not at all
gas auger annual maintance ice gator plug it in and charge batteries (i am on 3rd season no problems yet using 8inch auger)
did i mention gas stinks
hope this helped i feel this is the best investment i have made for icefishing

the jiffy is iffy the dont be a hater just buy the gator hahahahaha

1 more thing- try drilling holes in your shelter with a gas auger!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love the gator! I have had mine 3 years, with an 8 inch Lazer bit, ( one of the first ones sold) and its running great, No problems but got a bad charger and 2 days later, it was at my door. Great product and great people to deal with.

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #71 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:09 AM »
I have a question some of you might know.  Are the new lithium ion batteries interchangeable with the gel cell batteries that came with the gator.  My gator is about 3 years old now.  It sounds like it might lighten up the gator about 5-6 lbs.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #72 on: Feb 22, 2010, 05:39 AM »
had a chance to use one of these things yesterday. it drilled really nice but weighed a ton. over all a nice auger though.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Feb 22, 2010, 03:35 PM »
had a chance to use one of these things yesterday. it drilled really nice but weighed a ton. over all a nice auger though.
compared to what   lol  only thing lighter is a hand auger  lol   

Offline JP-TKO

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • commander of team TKO!!!
« Reply #74 on: Feb 22, 2010, 10:46 PM »
river scum u should of made fish drill ur holes i drill all of his lol
i love when people say, well im markin them ,but i just cant get them to bite. im not there to fish, im there to catch!!!! can i try ur hole!!

Offline MNTMAN12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Mar 09, 2010, 08:38 PM »
8 inches of ice.....WHAT A JOKE! Come up here and try 42 inches or more on some lakes!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Mar 09, 2010, 09:59 PM »
8 inches of ice.....WHAT A JOKE! Come up here and try 42 inches or more on some lakes!
been there done that!  thats why I bought the extention   I admit it is hard for me to drill when the unit is right on the ice  lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.