Author Topic: Icegator  (Read 18038 times)

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
Icegator
« on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:33 AM »
What can i say but WOW what a cutting machine. I've cut up to 100 holes in 6 inchs of ice. The last hole was cut as fast as the first. I'm running a 6" lazer on it. When you push the button to drill a hole its through before you can let off button. Less than 2 second in 8" of ice. I will never turn a handle again lol. The charge time on the 100 hole day was less than two hours. At 27 lbs. its easy to use. I would recomend the purchase of one highly. I took the chance on it and am still astounded by its speed.     Ron
Bobberstop

Offline chicagill35

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bottle Bass Guy
Re: Icegator
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:19 PM »
 I seen a guy at Gilbert Lake who had one. I was impressed. Looks like he could of drilled holes with one hand...lol
Jim

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Geat product I agree with you  best investment todate!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Will it work with a 7 inch lazer

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2008, 06:41 PM »
If you buy the 8" model it will run 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 inch bits.      Ron
Bobberstop

Offline gillhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2008, 07:35 PM »
i read the 8 inch model isn't nearly as fast as the 6 inch though

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2008, 07:43 PM »
Wish it didnt cost so much.I think the wife would just crap if I bought one. I just got a shanty and marcum this year,there is no way I can get one of those at that price with out being in court the next day.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2008, 08:46 PM »
i have used both the 6" and 8" models. I own a 8" model and love it. The 8" isn't nearly as fast as the 6", but while perch fishing last weekend i drilled holes next to a buddy who was using an 6" stikemaster laser mag and i was using my 8" and was still cutting quicker than he was with his gas auger. I drilled about 80 holes with 7" of ice and could have drilled more. It is really handy to have a hole at the touch of button to be able to move  over a few feet. Pick it up and in two seconds your thru and putting your flasher in and gettin down.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2008, 06:37 AM »
what is the advantage over a cordless drill, besides the battery life?
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I would like to see a picture if I may. Always looking for something new that I just have to get.

Offline Walleyemaniac

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:14 AM »
  Abishop at the top of each page there's a picture of it. click on it and you can see the demo. cw

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Oh duh, looks like state of art. A bit salty 4 me. If the ice gets too thick I will bring out the 3 horse cobra 10 inch. Paid 369.00 4 that. It hasn't been out in over 4 years. One of these winters. Maybe when I plan a trip up north. How many times can you re-charge these batteries?

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2008, 09:14 PM »
How many times can you re-charge these batteries? How many times can you recharge the battery on your vex? Its the same type battery.     Ron
Bobberstop

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2008, 07:59 AM »
This past weekend I know there were at least 100 + holes cut in less than ideaL CONDITIONS temp weather ect thru 2' of ice with never a problem!  we did see alot of repair work done on the gas models on moosehead lake!   plus  had to laugh  those gas models are noisey!   Last few holes drilled sunday am was done by an ice gator    !  even heard one guy ask to borrow the gator  rather than use his gas!

Offline fin-stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm watchin you fish!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Wish it didnt cost so much.I think the wife would just crap if I bought one. I just got a shanty and marcum this year,there is no way I can get one of those at that price with out being in court the next day.
I'm in the same boat, or ice, bought a marcum and shanty this year.  That's my limit until next year from the boss!
ICE ADDICT!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2008, 08:52 AM »
My suggestion to icegator is stick with the 9 ah batteries!  2 icegators running this weekend  never had to charge them  A company to be proud of the next greatest ice product since the chisel!

Offline goggleye57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:06 PM »
I got try one out last Saturday from one of the owners of the company.  A very impressive machine! Drills way fast and lots of holes - i used the smaller model with a 6 inch lazer drill. If I was retired and could use it more it would be worth the investment to me.  Very solidly made - I think it would last for a good long while.

Offline musicmanmobiledj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Ido not go without mine its great was at fish lake last weekend I think we drilled the ice off the lake great investment

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #18 on: Feb 16, 2008, 09:19 PM »
any specs?
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2008, 09:23 PM »
the main spec is from 2 cold machines laying on the ice Icegator will have a hole drilled before most of the gas jobs get started

Offline Bob James

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2008, 11:14 AM »
I've had my 8" Icegator unit for only about a month now, but I'm very impressed with the performance. I drilled well over 150 holes through 7"-8" of ice on a single charge. There's a video on the Icegator website, or you can see my video of this badboy in action in the Icegator video contest thread in the news area on this site.

Here's the link to my video

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=71875.0

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 19, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Picking mine up tomorrow. I have been emailing Mark back and forth for a couple days and all I can say is, What a great person to deal with.A very helpful person and I dont even have mine yet.

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Holy smokes this thing will cut the ice fast. Got mine tonight and went for a quick outing. It is so sweet being able to cut a LOT of holes fast.Thanks for the great customer support and response to all my emails. These guys are A+

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Feb 21, 2008, 05:38 AM »
Told ya!

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
« Reply #24 on: Feb 24, 2008, 10:44 AM »

IF my wife knew how much stuff I was buying for Ice fishing, I'd be in the dog coop for A LONG-TIME..

I was talking to Mr. Vexilar and he said, he saw one work once, Really Slick, and Light.

I Do have a 4" Laser that I attached to my 24 Volt Drill, and it works good as well, So.......can this also take a 4" Auger Bit?

I just BET it would go through the ice As quick as Butter.

Stan

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24, 2008, 03:18 PM »
sure will fit!  any auger 8" or less will fit and you can also order  the 6" model it is abit cheaper if you wanted to I went with the 8"  and can also do a 6" auger bit or my 8"  less limitations

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #26 on: Dec 22, 2008, 06:33 PM »
about 2 weeks ago I took mine to ND (jonesin for some fishin) and took my auger up there and told my brother he had cut his own holes so he tried it. He put it on the ice with no cleats mind you and dang near spun him 360 deg.  I started laughin he looked at me and said holy crap.  He wasn't expecting that kind of torq and to honest with you I wasnt either the first time I hit the button. Needless to say the it was actually a lot of fun watchin his friends pull and pull on the cords stoping rubbing their shoulders then commence to pulling again just to cut a hole.  I told my thumb don't hurt at all.

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
« Reply #27 on: Dec 25, 2008, 04:30 PM »

Icegator..

IF my wife knew how many Gadgits I have bought over the years, I'd be in Divorse Court..lol..(not really)
But man..I've got so many guns, I go through them at times, and say to myself..."Where did this one come from"..lol

I'm getting the Icegator this year...I have a Gas Powered Auger I'll be selling Cheap...I'll be putting this one on CraigsList.....I'll use the 4" and my 5" Laser to put on the IceGator..

I'd like to know where can I get one..I H E A R D from Gander Mountain..Don't know if it's true..Maybe I'll post that on here also.

Good Fishin.

Stan

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:05 AM »
I'm going to get one today.....Just an idea, but maybe you could go in on it with a friend or two that you normally fish with ? ....looked at all the others and this really seems to be the way to go, very versatile and the cost is actually less than most gas models...and no chance of it not starting !!!! On their website they have a list of retailers....just call ahead to make sure they have them.
Duane

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I ordered mine directly from the factory,and can't wait to burn up the ice.It should arrive next week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.