Author Topic: Willow Slough  (Read 10139 times)

Offline cooner2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Willow Slough
« Reply #60 on: Jan 26, 2008, 09:36 PM »
high flags,

What area did you fish, what time did you get there, and when did the bite happen.  I got there about 7:00 am and we had to really to get the fish we had.  Just wondering if anyone knows what the best time to fish the slough is?

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:35 AM »
Great pics!! Breakfast on the ice, now there's living!!!!!

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Hello cooner2, I fished the Mormon hill area, 3to5 fow. The bite is early ,be fishing as early as you can, before it gets light.I got most of my fish on bemoths.Also you have to try to be quite the fish spook easy in the shallow water.We watched a lot of fish on camera and just talking to each other the fish ran off.   Good Luck High Flags
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline cooner2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 27, 2008, 07:09 PM »
thanks for the detailed report high_flags

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:23 AM »
What has been happening at the slough since Sunday. Any takers? Was thinking about hitting it again and trying to find some larger fish on Thursday.

Offline kickinbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:26 PM »
What has been happening at the slough since Sunday. Any takers? Was thinking about hitting it again and trying to find some larger fish on Thursday.

I havent heard anything since sunday . I am hoping to be out there thursday myself all depends on what the  snow storm they are predicting for tonight does to us

Offline kickinbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 31, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Fished by morman hill today. Bite was very tough. Managed only a  few  bluegill  Everyone I talked to either said they only caught a few small ones or nothing at all.  There were several people out fishing in same area and I didnt see anyone even get a bite.

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 31, 2008, 04:16 PM »
The gill are prolly all cleaned out of that side of the lake after what i saw there on Sunday, prolly 150 guys out there all taking their limits, and a few or more doing a double limit each on sat. and sunday

Offline kickinbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 31, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Yeah I heard it was packed there. There was several people across the lake also that did nothing also. Ice was realy crackling. It was pretty loud and non stop. I think them fish were spooked .it spooked me a few times thats for sure.

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
« Reply #69 on: Feb 01, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'll be coming down mid-day on Sunday with the kids, probably fish til darkish.

2 questions, what time do they want you off the ice and where can I get some red spikes?

Thanks in advance!!
Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

http://www.peotoneweather.com/

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 01, 2008, 07:12 PM »
You can fish as long as you can stand it. I believe Rosies bar and bait store has red spikes. At least she did last week. The bait store is right before the entrance to the Slough on the west side of road. Good luck, you can get crappies after dark. I just never tried,but there are a bunch in there.

Offline Big Icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • drop jig hook repeat
« Reply #71 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Well alright, I think Rosey's must have been the shop we stopped at last year looking for some minnows, bad move as she wasn"t sellin' them.!!

Don't think we'll be staying past dark, but the crappie bite sounds fun.

How's the camping there? Maybe in the spring.

Any updated topo maps available?
Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

http://www.peotoneweather.com/

Offline Danztrap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Went today, not a bite front or back.

Offline kickinbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Feb 02, 2008, 07:29 AM »
Well alright, I think Rosey's must have been the shop we stopped at last year looking for some minnows, bad move as she wasn"t sellin' them.!!

Don't think we'll be staying past dark, but the crappie bite sounds fun.

How's the camping there? Maybe in the spring.

Any updated topo maps available?

They didnt have any minnows on thursday either. Camping there is not bad. There is no electric on the sites. Come to think of it I noticed the shower house wasnt there. Ill check into it more next time I am there for you and let you kniow.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Feb 02, 2008, 08:38 AM »
Camping is all natural. Site #63 was the best id I could remember, iy winds way back towards the woods and you are all there by yourselves. Very private and peaceful. However, they did build a new bath house a few years ago. Haven't camped there in years.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #75 on: Feb 02, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Got out at 6:30 a.m. fished until 9:30, 2 gills. Super-slow!! Didn't see much happening either. C-ya. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline GILLIN1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Feb 02, 2008, 12:24 PM »
How was the snow on top of the ice????

Offline slipbobber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #77 on: Feb 02, 2008, 04:11 PM »
They didnt have any minnows on thursday either. Camping there is not bad. There is no electric on the sites. Come to think of it I noticed the shower house wasnt there. Ill check into it more next time I am there for you and let you kniow.
[/quo            My friend says your not suppose to use minnows at the Slough. Don't know if this true or not.. ??? ??? Didn't see anybody using tip ups the day we were there though     

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Feb 02, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Never heard anything about the minnows. If this is true they should post a few signs. I can see the reasoning with trying to keep all the rough fish out for awhile. If it works maybe they won't have to drain it for 10 years. That would be nice. Just think how those redears will grow with all the new vegetation and all the bait to eat. I can't wait.

Offline Armyman2007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Slough Gills"
« Reply #79 on: Feb 02, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Hit the slough this afternoon with my brother and son. Had 2 bites between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. no fish at all. Didn't see anybody catch a thing. It was sad.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 02, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Wow, what a difference a week makes. I'm glad I didn't make the drive today.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.