Author Topic: Willow Slough  (Read 10138 times)

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Willow Slough
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:55 PM »
I know where area 4 is, i believe this is it

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Could be I think it is the first parking area just north of Rosies about 1/3 mile.

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2008, 03:03 AM »
Turn North from headquarters and go to 100 and turn right. First lane on your right. There will be a sign on the left of 100 that says 14a. Follow that all the way back. And your there. Was only dinks being caught Sun but i guess that could change.

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Going tomorrow 4 sure. Have been out around the house and can't get a bite. Even if there a little smaller should be fun.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Crappie-Rob......any size to the gill limit you caught or just tater chips? Nothing wrong with chips, which is the usual norm there, just wondering if you got into any bulls, or bigger ones...?

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:48 AM »
Crappie-Rob......any size to the gill limit you caught or just tater chips? Nothing wrong with chips, which is the usual norm there, just wondering if you got into any bulls, or bigger ones...?
7-8"ers, lost a nice redear in the hole!!! I caught some "PIGS" Memorial Day weekend, they are in there, just alot of water to cover in a short period of time. much easier with a trolling motor, rather than pulling your gear around. C-ya. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:45 PM »
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/aquashaver/?action=view&current=Picture054.jpg

half decent, half average, fished off mormon hill this morning limit in about 3 hours. thru alot back. quite a few shanties out today

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:11 PM »
i cant figure this post a pic thing out

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #38 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:17 AM »
When you have it hosted from photobucket or some like image shack, you copy the link, THIS is what you have to have AFTER the link-----> [/IMG]     and this is what you need BEFORE the link---->   [IMG] I had to do post it this way for you to see....

that will show your pic.....   8)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Went out on Tuesday, north of Mormon Hill. Slow bite until around 1:30. Than it was constant action. You could only fish with one pole. Spring bobber of course with 2 pound line. Red ant or chartruse glow moon bug. The fish were healthy so when you talk to all the other fishermen they all say they got the slabs. For some reason I don't believe it. I caught 100 fish that day in 2 hours and not one was a slab in my book. (8 or bigger). Kept enough for a meal, those 7-7 1/2 still ear good. Sure wish the bull are found soon. Last year the bigger ones were caught the last week of season. Looks like we have to be patient. If you want numbers it is a great place to take a youngster because he will have fun and catch fish. However, if you want size I suggest you try Maxi. You may not get 25, but, if you get 10 of the true bulls it is way more meat than the 25 at the Slough. Good luck!

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:51 PM »
Too far for 25 fish.
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:56 PM »
If I had to go when I was ice fishing I know that I would much rather be sitting on a bucket than frozen down a hole. It sucks either way. I guess the best way out is in your sleep, sleep, sleep.

Just before you freeze to death you fall asleep. All you want to do is lay down and fall asleep. Of course you never wake up.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Hope to see some of you guys at the slough on Sat. I think I will fish mormon hill. I will be the guy with the big pile of gills in front of him. good fishing Highflags
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Hopefully, the lake will be frozen out from headquarters by Saturday. A lot of open water still, where the channel is. Hard to believe I know all the geese have something to do with it but, I think the wind is holding the trump card.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #44 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Went to Mormon Hill this afternoon, 2-430 p.m., 1 fish. 7-8" of ice now!! I'll be back Sat., should be nicer out, maybe the fish will cooperate. C-ya. Crappie rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:29 PM »

ok, until I figure the rest out, this will do, a few were over 8 inches, with most being 7-8, will try to get back on a non-weekend day

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Where was your icon pic taken with the shanty sinking?

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:31 PM »
????i got it off this site..........looks like someone stayed out too long

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 25, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Nice bag of gills!   
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 26, 2008, 02:00 PM »
High flags howd you do when you went down to the Slough???
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:29 PM »
1/26/08  The action at the slough was hot! I limited out by 8am. All real nice gills. We had 4 flags, caught 1 13" bass. My buddy missed a nice one PIKE??, lost him at the hole.Here are some pics.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:31 PM »

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:35 PM »

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Jeff cooking breakfast, Bacon & Eggs in the shanty  

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Matt eating some breakfast, he was worn out  and hungry from all that gill action eariler.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:44 PM »
My rig I had to use my sled to help keep the shanty in place, it was windy.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:45 PM »
Todays catch  

Offline gaterback

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:52 PM »
nice catch. wish i was there

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:52 PM »
I'm heading back in the morning for some more gills. I counted 58 shanty's on the ice  and about 75 to 100 people,man that place gets the pressure.No wonder they have to drain it and restock it after so many years.

Offline cooner2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 26, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Went to the slough today fished near the boat ramp caught 7 my buddy caught about the same we kept 12 but only a few had any real size.  Definitely going back though.  Will fish my favorite private lake in nw indiana tommorow we has gotten me spoiled.  Hopefully ill have some nice pics.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.