Author Topic: Pooping on ice?  (Read 7722 times)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pooping on ice?
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:12 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Coghlans-Packable-Toilet-Tissue-2-Rolls/dp/B003CKDPRA/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S8JPP2T2TCCE6VSAEP3M

Should probably keep this in your kit

Ya probably should but it's hard to think about it when your shopping . Heck I would definitely save me money on socks ect ... And the off look from the wife when I come home .... Now she don't ask she just knows lol

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:27 AM »
I dont support this method, but is anyone familiar with the half drilled hole method?

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Never heard of it
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:29 AM »
I can use my imagination and I'm sure if someone was cought by a couple would be a very expensive and embarrassing ticket

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Here's my story, again on Bass lake. Ice fishing with my buddy late at night no one around and I have to go. We are far from shore and very few others fished the spot so I walk several hundred yrds away and do my business. Still it was on the ice. I walk back in the real dark night to find another fisherman had joined us. First thing he asks how's it going and my reply was I just took the best crap of my life and things are much better. When I get alittle closer, you guessed it, a co. Luckily he laughed and no problem.   

Offline stasui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Once i had to go down the hole i was in a hut so after i finished i moved. About a hour later someone was walking through breaking out old holes with his foot he hit mine and up jumped a " brown trout ". He had a few nice words coming out of his mouth. Lol. When u gotta go u gotta go.

Offline yellowperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:00 AM »
i hate doing that i always drag my package on the ice

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:06 AM »
That's why I wake up 2 hours earlier so I can go a couple 3 times before I leave the house...
But I have left a few bandanas/handkerchiefs in the woods....
 ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:52 AM »
Oh, I'm still laughing at some of these tales! But here's one , Honest to God Truth!!
Many years ago there were a ton of guys from Hobart that use to hit the Slough. They all hung out at the bar in Hobart next to the Post Office and all ice fished. The owner of said bar bought a mini school bus. There was one non drinker so he became the Designated Driver and they would often hit the Slough.
One night, 10-12 of us were sitting in a circle at the Slough catching those nice crappies. We all had Lantern Boxes and had lanterns lit when one guy,(Won't give his name), kept complaining because he had forgotten his snowmobile suit, which was the dress of choice back in the day, and he was cold. Finally another guy told him to quit crying, go to parking lot and get the suit out of his truck. It belonged to his brother, was brand new, put it on and shut up!!!!
So he did! Nice and warm! But then he announced he had to go throw a log. We all told him to shut up and go do it, thinking he would walk to the woods.
No! He just walked far enough away to be out of the light of the lanterns and did his thing. With a slight breeze blowing towards the circle of fishermen, we were all giving him what for as he walked back into the lantern light, one arm in snow suit and the other just getting into the  suit, throwing his head forward to get the hood up and - - -  WHOP!!!!! The bulk of his action hit him smack dab in the back of his neck and the remaining part came whizzing past on either side of his head into the circle of our fishing holes!!!!! He had dumped right into hood of the suit!!!!!
Needless to say there was a lot of screaming and cussing and the guy who had loaned out his brother's new suit was more then upset!!!!
To this day, the culprit has the nickname of, "OLD Shift NECK"!!!!!!

Ahh, such great memories!!! It's not ALL about catching!!!! ::) ??? :o ;D

Teach

Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Once i had to go down the hole i was in a hut so after i finished i moved. About a hour later someone was walking through breaking out old holes with his foot he hit mine and up jumped a " brown trout ". He had a few nice words coming out of his mouth. Lol. When u gotta go u gotta go.
Now that's funny as long as it happens to someone else  :roflmao:

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:52 PM »
i hate doing that i always drag my package on the ice

Better becarful one time you will leave um behind and the gulls will have their way with um

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:56 PM »
That's why I wake up 2 hours earlier so I can go a couple 3 times before I leave the house...
But I have left a few bandanas/handkerchiefs in the woods....
 ;D

Bananas ?? Lmao never heard that one before hopefully pealed . Of am I taking this the wrong way  ???

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2018, 01:24 PM »

Once I was walking out with a bud for an afternoon bite , there is a bag half buried in the snow so yep he kicks it and oh yea it breaks open ,and all over his boot , omg

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Fact of the matter is when you got to go you got to go !! I'm the guy that is usually walking around missing a sock or have a shirt or a leg off the old briefs
  LOL Some things you never leave home without.  When I'm on the ice I mentioned I carry several garbage bags out with me, but in a gallon ziplock bag I have a roll of TP.  Some things ya just don't leave the house without.  Some times it pays to just yell out, "Anybody got some Tango Papa?"   Never hurts to ask

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:15 PM »
No comment but its harding hunting with 1 glove, I always carry kitchen garden bags and paper towels in my bucket, and my boat never leaves the barn without a bucket in it lol.
You guys are all sick, LMAO
Tom

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:26 PM »
It must be a lot easier to handle once frozen.  I usually have a couple of plastic bags for putting fish in anyway.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:27 PM »
  LOL Some things you never leave home without.  When I'm on the ice I mentioned I carry several garbage bags out with me, but in a gallon ziplock bag I have a roll of TP.  Some things ya just don't leave the house without.  Some times it pays to just yell out, "Anybody got some Tango Papa?"   Never hurts to ask

Lmao I need to take that advice

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #48 on: Jan 05, 2018, 09:00 PM »
Nothing worse than 'bubble gut' on the ice, especially when you are a 10 to 15 minute walk from any cover.  One man shanty and an extra bucket with some water and slush in it make a good make shift toilet.  Pack some TP in your bucket in a ziplock or bring an extra pair of jersey gloves!!!  It happens, so be prepared. 

Offline double rig jig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Happy to see that i am not alone lol. Great stories everyone.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Here I sit all broken hearted, had to sh*t but only farter. After while, I took a chance, tried to fart and sh*t my pants.

#1 life advice I've taught the young ones is ( never ever trust a fart ) !!

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:20 PM »
As much as I just knew I was gonna have to zap this "mess" so to speak I (so far applaud you all  :clap: )  Let me add, if ya see a/my shanty move  and stay for 15 and move again. Ya might be suspicious.... Just throwin that out there.

I might also add, those days usually start with jig,ice,tight,brawl,cc, several others and a night before of good bar food..

If I see you in your shanty I’m going to be suspicious no matter what. I don’t think I have ever seen you sit in it.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #52 on: Jan 06, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Muwaaaahhaaahaaa...the se stories made my day.  ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #53 on: Jan 08, 2018, 05:25 AM »
found the first one of the season last night.  huge hershey squirts area.  never tried to cover it up or anything.  down rite nasty :sick: people!!! wth!!!  if i ever pull up some paper on a jig im calling it quits! lol 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:05 AM »
found the first one of the season last night.  huge hershey squirts area.  never tried to cover it up or anything.  down rite nasty :sick: people!!! wth!!!  if i ever pull up some paper on a jig im calling it quits! lol
Ha. Right. Have caught condoms in the fort wayne rivers. We call them Maumee jellyfish.
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 08, 2018, 08:10 AM »

Seriously!!! Hard to believe that people leave turds on the ice!!
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Ace in the Hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 08, 2018, 09:34 AM »
I carry a small garbage bag and several wet wipes in the seal little packets. Bag in the buck, everything goes in the bag and when I get done Im fresh as a daisy.

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:03 AM »
I have a Ziploc bag that I put my license in that always has TP in it.  Fishing, hunting, doesn't matter.  If I have my license I always have it.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:32 AM »
I keep a small pail in the car and always have plastic bags from the supermarket in the car. I save toilet paper rolls when they get a little more than 1/4 on the roll. keep that in zip loc baggie. Have had to use this pail more than once when I go fishing early in the morning. Another possibility...take a bottomless pail/bucket out with you. drill hole, place bottomless pail over hole and go. fill in hole with ice shavings on top of your duty. fish different hole

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 08, 2018, 07:58 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.