Author Topic: Ice Shanty rodeo on Max  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Eyedrops

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Shanty rodeo on Max
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2015, 11:22 AM »
I was able to get my camp grill working. I can bring it if we need another. I'm able to grill 6 burgers at a time or about 15 hot dogs.

This is the kind of grill I'm talking about.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 14, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Fella's... I have to cancel on the maxi shin dig. I really want to go to it, but a chance at northern minesotta came about and i "have" to go. If trip gets cut short and im home in time to hit maxi, i will be sure to show up. But... I will do my best to get some pics from up north to post when i get back, for some to reminisce and some to "see" what its all about. Unfortunetly for some, ive been sworn to secrecy to not post any cord #'s. Hope all turns out well for the shin dig, kind of is dissapointing not to make it after halfway setting plans and getting the ball rolling.
Got one goin'!

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2015, 07:29 PM »
I plan on attending!

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #33 on: Feb 14, 2015, 07:54 PM »
after the rodeo i played in today in my shanty trying to check a few spots before tomorrow....I will be taking a few days to recoop then I will post finalization for the meet and greet.   I  am sure of an even better turn out than last year and it turned out pretty well..
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2015, 07:58 PM »
Well I think we will have some nice areas to fish and they are cooperating too so if anyone has questions PM me and we will keep things rolling....

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2015, 07:25 AM »
Just a few pieces of info for those coming maybe for the first time or not familiar with area.  Bait Barn has great supply of bait and is located on Cty. Rd. 14B off of Hwy 17  north of culver and they open about 6:30.   Several gas stations are right in town as you come into Culver and the MAIN boat ramp is south west side there is also another public launch on east side where Cty Rd 18b runs into 117 on east side of academy ... If we are still planning to grill we need some input on this as Northern Duck has opted to go north, I thought they went south for the winter  lol

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2015, 10:44 AM »
Plan on coming. What boat ramp are most people meeting at and about what time?  This will be my first IS outing and only the second time on Maxi.  Do I need to bring something other than ice fishing stuff?

I will be coming from the west, anyone have really good directions above and beyond what First Sergeant has posted please shoot me a pm.

What bait should I bring?  bee moths, small minnows or larger minnows?

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Depending on which is convenient for you but just get to HWY 17 by whatever means you come from the west    PM me and I will give you my number and give more directions

Offline Wall-E-eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I'll be coming in from the west also Boomer.Feel free to pm me. I can give you directions or meet up and follow me in to the DNR ramp.
Jim

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:13 PM »
I'll be coming in from the west also Boomer.Feel free to pm me. I can give you directions or meet up and follow me in to the DNR ramp.

Will do when we get closer to the date. Thanks.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:10 PM »
Seems like this thread needs a stamina boost.  so instead of starting a new thread i thought I would post here.  a couple of the humps I fished this morning were stacked up with eyes and starting to see a few jumbos again...

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:36 PM »
I just hope they're still there on the 28th.  Been working on my shanty and other gear.  I'm still planning on bringing my Polaris.   I'll even ferry a few of the guys out there. 

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:04 AM »
After going out last night with no luck, I am getting more excited about the get-together.  I have never caught a legal-sized walleye in Indiana during the ice season.  Any suggestions on bait or lures to bring?

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #43 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:42 PM »
I wouldn't get all jacked up about a fish bonanza or you will self disappoint and probably do the norm of im not going back to that stupid lake ever again just had professional line pullers all over it and I wasn't impressed with the stats just sayin not to say there not there but here lately with all the hoopla and excitement of a couple lonely fisherman  ;D doesn't mean your gonna fill buckets but if you want to socialize and hang out your probably in for a good time sorta like pannin for gold one man gets a spec of color and fever sets in  ;)2

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:49 PM »
I wouldn't get all jacked up about a fish bonanza or you will self disappoint and probably do the norm of im not going back to that stupid lake ever again just had professional line pullers all over it and I wasn't impressed with the stats just sayin not to say there not there but here lately with all the hoopla and excitement of a couple lonely fisherman  ;D doesn't mean your gonna fill buckets but if you want to socialize and hang out your probably in for a good time sorta like pannin for gold one man gets a spec of color and fever sets in  ;)2
A period ...... or 2 so I don't pass out while reading please   ;D

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #45 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:50 PM »
A period ...... or 2 so I don't pass out while reading please   ;D
You must be a Carpenter ;D

Offline Eyedrops

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:50 PM »
You should be a high school guidance counselor.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:52 PM »
You must be a Carpenter ;D
More of a "Jack of all trades" lately   ;D

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #48 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:53 PM »
As bad as I am on this computer all those periods would add an additional 45 minutes I started typing at 2:30 ;D

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #49 on: Feb 20, 2015, 06:55 PM »
More of a "Jack of all trades" lately   ;D
I actually was but stopped building with wood and started selling it now how ya been man

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 20, 2015, 07:00 PM »
I actually was but stopped building with wood and started selling it now how ya been man
Didn't you know that girls have to many layers on this time of year? ;)

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #51 on: Feb 20, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Didn't you know that girls have to many layers on this time of year? ;)
Sorta confused but I guess you could just on more clothes

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 20, 2015, 08:22 PM »
That's all I have been saying is just show up meet some folks and enjoy the day. never will guarantee fish but just getting the blood flowing and raise some excitement.  it was a sight to behold though seeing all that gold on the camera for a solid two hours..On the flip side, the two weed beds we caught all the gills on for the tournament this last Sunday, well I have been back to both of them twice this week and there is seriously not one gill to be found.  How's that for a crap shoot lake. 

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #53 on: Feb 20, 2015, 08:51 PM »
That's all I have been saying is just show up meet some folks and enjoy the day. never will guarantee fish but just getting the blood flowing and raise some excitement.  it was a sight to behold though seeing all that gold on the camera for a solid two hours..
Nothing personal Sarge  or directed at you just throwing out reality getting lookers

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Feb 22, 2015, 07:51 AM »
I guess I haven't been paying attention to the # of views  lol all I can say is this lake will hand you your rear any day of the week.  i don't care if conditions seem favorable or not you just have to be there, right place at right time.  I am truly looking forward too just meeting the great folks that enjoy this great sport.

Offline T.W

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Feb 22, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Meet at the same place sarge. I'll have nitrous with me.
 @)

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Feb 22, 2015, 09:29 PM »
After going out last night with no luck, I am getting more excited about the get-together.  I have never caught a legal-sized walleye in Indiana during the ice season.  Any suggestions on bait or lures to bring?

Buckshots, pimples, jiggin raps.. colors are endless. Sizes will vary at times, in the day, or night for that matter. tip ups catch fish out there also. But im a jiggin person, its hard for me to dead stick to begin with, unless crappie fishing somewhere, then i still have a jig all over the water coloumn. Lol
Got one goin'!

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 23, 2015, 07:31 AM »
Had some success on Saturday.  Caught one 10+ inch perch and a short walleye but that was a full day of fishing.  Its a start. Looking forward to the warm temps and good people on Saturday.

Offline IceSkak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 23, 2015, 08:45 AM »
I plan on attending Sat., is it ok to bring a fishing buddy.
Just let me know what to bring (food, anything else?)

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 24, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Come one come all of course bring a friend and still the plan is to meet at public ramp around 7 EST. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.