Author Topic: Infinite Thread  (Read 134708 times)

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kicked Off Town Lake by Police
« Reply #60 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Fish pics with a can of beer in one hand, the no fishing sign in the pic, and the police car in the background. Priceless!  ;D

This could happen to.  The police really do not care.  They just have to respond to the calls.  The police and I have no issues whatsoever.  In fact, they get just as pumped about awesome fish as any one else does.  The police did not even step onto the ice.  They did not check our licenses.  They did not care to notice that I had my shelter properly marked.  They did not count my poles and tip ups and definitely did not notice that I also had my tipups properly marked.

And those fish were released. 

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:25 AM »
Is that O'Day Lake, I used to fish it years ago.
Tom

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:26 AM »
Is that O'Day Lake, I used to fish it years ago.

No, its the famous spot in Munster.

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:27 AM »
He brought Mr 10% with him too :bow:

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:28 AM »
::)

I pay plenty of taxes in Indiana thank you.

Good they need your money. My guess is, if you continue to be kicked off this lake, the police will eventually find an "excuse" to fine you While sad, that will be a funny post to read.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:30 AM »
He brought Mr 10% with him too :bow:
lol

Offline Eastbay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:32 AM »
Exactly, this guys actions took police away from something else they could have been looking into. He knew the law and broke it by fishing a lake closed to ice fishing. He knew the law, and said "it's stupid and doesn't apply to me". I find it sad he has so many "supporters".

Eddie don't waste your time. Indiana is as backwards as they come. These red state people are as ignorant as they come. If a law suits them, then it should be obeyed, if not then its okay to ignore. I mean look at the guys post about immigration--he is upset people cross a border illegally but thinks its okay to cross on to a lake illegally. I know apples and oranges, but it shows the mentality (other people are the problem not me) I and precious few others have to tolerate by living in this state. Let the chants start for me to leave it if I don't like it.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:33 AM »
This could happen to.  The police really do not care.  They just have to respond to the calls.  The police and I have no issues whatsoever.  In fact, they get just as pumped about awesome fish as any one else does.  The police did not even step onto the ice.  They did not check our licenses.  They did not care to notice that I had my shelter properly marked.  They did not count my poles and tip ups and definitely did not notice that I also had my tipups properly marked.

Do the police in Indiana have any jurisdiction over F&G laws, or would they have to seek help form the F&G folks? Just asking. Here in PA, it would have been a "joint operation".

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:38 AM »
I do know that I've been catching chubs in a particular creek and have been checked three times by city police and never had they been in the prescence of a warden. So probably no.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:40 AM »
Do the police in Indiana have any jurisdiction over F&G laws, or would they have to seek help form the F&G folks? Just asking. Here in PA, it would have been a "joint operation".
The OP apparently doesn't realize police have nothing to do with field and game laws nor do they know anything about them.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:40 AM »
Eddie don't waste your time. Indiana is as backwards as they come. These red state people are as ignorant as they come. If a law suits them, then it should be obeyed, if not then its okay to ignore. I mean look at the guys post about immigration--he is upset people cross a border illegally but thinks its okay to cross on to a lake illegally. I know apples and oranges, but it shows the mentality (other people are the problem not me) I and precious few others have to tolerate by living in this state. Let the chants start for me to leave it if I don't like it.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. I should go fish instead of waiting for "snowmageddon" to hit.  :tipup:

Offline izzy65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:50 AM »
They might be able to get you for trespassing.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:50 AM »
first of all, it was a friendly cabin fever discussion after a few posts then it turned ugly. My question is why would you base your derogatory statements about the mentality of the fisherman of the Hoosier state based on a couple of people's opinions or jokes about a particular thread. This makes you look like the uneducated/silly one IMO. Furthermore, I wasn't speaking of immigration I was speaking of us as a country making wars for things that do not exist. Nowhere will you see where I said immigration.

Offline izzy65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Fishing the old Munster Steel. Big gills and crappies in there.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #74 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:08 AM »

I would bet the city police don't even know any fish and game laws, as to checking license, and about names on tip-ups!!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #75 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Dony worry, that is a stupid law. We are allowed to break the ones we think shouldn't be enforced, right? That is why i shoot deer year round in the refuges and keep every bass and walleye i catch.. Just stupid fish and game laws, they dont mean anything with the way the world is today.

*tongue in cheek*
EYECONICFISHING

Offline ryoder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 01, 2015, 11:26 AM »

Here ya go Eddie! This is what you are looking for!

http://bit.ly/1ypyQBs

Haha I'm just messing with you man and it gave me a chance to use Let Me Google that for you.

Tight lines!
 ;D

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Feb 01, 2015, 11:52 AM »
I don't blame Eddie, we do have the best board on the ice shanty :thumbsup:

Offline ryoder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 01, 2015, 12:06 PM »
X2

We do know how to have a good time! And catch fish!!

:icefish:

Offline Broken_Lines

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 01, 2015, 12:13 PM »

;D

That's awesome how that link works.
"Coulda gone fishin', rather be huntin'... I live in my own mind."

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Feb 01, 2015, 12:18 PM »
I think if one is aware of the law, ANY law, and still chooses to break it, then they have no gripe coming. just because I don't agree with a law, or don't understand the purpose for having it, doesn't give me the right to ignore it and expect to not face the consequences for doing so. If I don't like the law, there are avenues available to try and petition for a change. The scope, or magnitude of the law in question is irrelevant in my opinion. It's still a law, on the books, and I am obligated to abide by it, lobby to get it changed, and/or be willing to accept disciplinary measures should I decide to ignore it.

I am completely free to ignore a law, but I should not expect everyone else to offer support for my decision just because I think the law is dumb, or meaningless. That law exists for a reason, maybe even a bad reason, or one that should not even apply any longer, but until It's changed, it's still law.

And I don't think my opinion would differ on that point, no matter what state I was from.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #81 on: Feb 01, 2015, 12:41 PM »
I think if one is aware of the law, ANY law, and still chooses to break it, then they have no gripe coming. just because I don't agree with a law, or don't understand the purpose for having it, doesn't give me the right to ignore it and expect to not face the consequences for doing so. If I don't like the law, there are avenues available to try and petition for a change. The scope, or magnitude of the law in question is irrelevant in my opinion. It's still a law, on the books, and I am obligated to abide by it, lobby to get it changed, and/or be willing to accept disciplinary measures should I decide to ignore it.

I am completely free to ignore a law, but I should not expect everyone else to offer support for my decision just because I think the law is dumb, or meaningless. That law exists for a reason, maybe even a bad reason, or one that should not even apply any longer, but until It's changed, it's still law.

And I don't think my opinion would differ on that point, no matter what state I was from.

Agree ^^^^.  If you chose to break the law, don't blame the police, the law itself or someone who called to enforce the law.  Taking responsibility for ones actions seems to happen less and less with each generation that gets born.  It is always someone else's fault now days.  There are certainly exceptions to this as I know several young guys that own what they do.  Instead the OP and CS37 decided to attack those from another state because they questioned their illegal actions?  Anyone see a pattern here? 

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 01, 2015, 12:43 PM »
I have to chime in one last time about this even though I should just stop typing. I have noticed that the farther east you go in the USA there seem to be more rules and regulations to follow and people just do not seem to question them regardless of how ridiculous they are. The farther west you go generally people love there freedoms and are much more prone to be way more free spirited and less up tight and do not like those rights infringed. I am well aware that the outdoors in this country is a privilege and not a right. The root of the issue once again is that our society is constantly losing freedoms for lobbyist groups and special interests. We are a litigious society and we are headed down an uncertain path as a country. Fine the fellow was poaching. I am sure he would gladly pay the fine. FYI I am a union electrician and democrat. I was an intern as a game warden in Indiana. I buy my hunting and fishing licenses without question and abide by the laws. I agreed with alot of the laws as an intern  but there were many that were very useless. Like only being able to wade navigable water ways. I feel bad for you fellows that are so concerned with this fellow being a "poacher" when there way more LARGE SCALE ISSUES on hand for this country.         

Offline crappiekilr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Look......a jerry Sandusky supporter from pedophile state
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:31 PM »
I have to chime in one last time about this even though I should just stop typing.
You should have stopped.

I have noticed that the farther east you go in the USA there seem to be more rules and regulations to follow and people just do not seem to question them regardless of how ridiculous they are. The farther west you go generally people love there freedoms and are much more prone to be way more free spirited and less up tight and do not like those rights infringed.
Conjecture. Ridiculous laws are questioned and overturned all the time, regardless of where you live in the country. Maybe if the OP went to a Muni meeting he could suggest they lift the ban on ice fishing. So far, he chooses to not do so. He goes fishing and "cries foul" when he gets booted from the lake. Boo Hoo

I am well aware that the outdoors in this country is a privilege and not a right.
Apparently, you don't understand the difference between rights and privileges in this case. The OP's rights are not being infringed by not being able to fish this particular lake. The privilege in this case is granted by the Muni. The state grants him the privilege to, but it can not grant him the right to fish any water he pleases.

The root of the issue once again is that our society is constantly losing freedoms for lobbyist groups and special interests. We are a litigious society and we are headed down an uncertain path as a country.
We agree. But, you work for a special interest group (IBEW), and I belong to one (The NRA). People are the problem. In this particular case, the OP wants to blame the person that called the cops instead of doing the right thing.

Fine the fellow was poaching. I am sure he would gladly pay the fine.
I'm not so sure. He feels he has a right to those fish.

FYI I am a union electrician and democrat. I was an intern as a game warden in Indiana. I buy my hunting and fishing licenses without question and abide by the laws. I agreed with alot of the laws as an intern  but there were many that were very useless. Like only being able to wade navigable water ways. I feel bad for you fellows that are so concerned with this fellow being a "poacher" when there way more LARGE SCALE ISSUES on hand for this country. 

No doubt, there are stupid laws out there everywhere. But, that does not mean we can just ignore the ones we don't like.  Yes, there are greater social issues to solve. If I wanted to do that, I would not have logged in to Iceshanty this morning to solve them. Like it or not, this is a social forum. I called the OP out for being so nonchalant with regards to the rules. Some make it sound like the bill of rights is being trampled on. It's not.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Look......a jerry Sandusky supporter from pedophile state

This is a reasonable discussion that affects all sportsmen/women. If you want to call people names move on.

Offline crappiekilr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:35 PM »
This is a reasonable discussion that affects all sportsmen/women. If you want to call people names move on.
then take your whining and crying to your board.  What he did was wrong.....no need to keep harping on it
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:42 PM »

Haha I'm just messing with you man and it gave me a chance to use Let Me Google that for you.

Tight lines!
 ;D

I don't need to know the answer, but it might be a good idea for the OP to know. Thanks for the help though!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:45 PM »
I don't blame Eddie, we do have the best board on the ice shanty :thumbsup:

Thanks man. ;)  It's snowing, so this one thread gave me something to do between cleaning out the driveway and other chores.

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:46 PM »
On a more light hearted note. I was wondering about the Groundhog Festival in PA is it any fun? I would like to take the wife and kids some year. Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies of all time. The movie was actually filmed in Woodstock Il for the most part. Lets Pennsylvania Polka Frankie Yankovic style.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.