Author Topic: Infinite Thread  (Read 134716 times)

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
Infinite Thread
« on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:10 AM »
 :tipup:

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Kicked Off Town Lake by Police
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:25 AM »
Get involved with the town council and see if you can change that!
Nice bass too!
Paul

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:27 AM »
     Thats a bummer   , NICE BASS!!    maybe try a town meeting to change there view/policy  about ice fishing on the lake..   or leave the shanty at home and gets some white tyvek suits they would never see you in this snow storm...
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:31 AM »
The lake needs to be insured . The town will not let you icefish because they do not want to be liable.
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:35 AM »
We have city lakes like that,  Their posted NO ICE FISHING. Or skating.

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Get involved with the town council and see if you can change that!
Nice bass too!
Paul

We are thinking about going to a town council meeting.  I live in a neighboring town but it's technically a publicly own place and should definitely be enjoyable to any who know of the treasures it holds.

Good idea about the white suits!  There are a lot of peninsulas and reeds and quite a bit of distance before the good fishing spots and where people may be able to see you, so I could get the shanty out there and get on a good hole and not be seen, or just go at night!  Sadly this lake is 5 minutes from my house and the next closest lake I want to fish at is 30 minutes away.  What a joke!  No wonder why the kids are all messed up today because their freedoms were stolen before they were even born.  What do I know though, I am just 28 so to be fair, I never had any freedom either.  The things people get away with and I can't get away with 1 whole day ice fishing.

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:38 AM »
We have city lakes like that,  Their posted NO ICE FISHING. Or skating.

It is posted at this lake too.  But the only way the police knew we were there is because someone cared enough to call.  There is not a lot of shoreline visibility.

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:42 AM »
Your right, And its in every Form of life today, A lot of pinheads making a lot of decisions, And what a great job their doing!  I also have to laugh being 65. God help you younger folk.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:51 AM »
It is posted at this lake too.  But the only way the police knew we were there is because someone cared enough to call.  There is not a lot of shoreline visibility.

Really, you knew the law and still broke it? Maybe, the "boring person with nothing to do" is a real sportsman who was tired of seeing people break the law on his/her favorite summer hole. By your arrogance towards this law, you probably think shooting game out of season, road hunting, and jack-lighting are acceptable as well. If you know the law and don't like it, work to get it changed. A big part of being a sportsman is obeying the laws.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:52 AM »
Really, you knew the law and still broke it? Maybe, the "boring person with nothing to do" is a real sportsman who was tired of seeing people break the law on his/her favorite summer hole. By your arrogance towards this law, you probably think shooting game out of season, road hunting, and jack-lighting are acceptable as well. If you know the law and don't like it, work to get it changed. A big part of being a sportsman is obeying the laws.
you Pennsylvania guys must really be bored

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:53 AM »
Breaking the law is not the answer. Approach them and suggest a Tag that  gives you access to the lake. If enough tags are sold the cost for them is "O" to allow you to icefish.  I hope that you and your friend Alex has some safety picks,rope, life jacket. Those Police might just be pulling you out. Then you will get a Hefty bill/fine. ;D

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:58 AM »
you Pennsylvania guys must really be bored

You another jack-lighter? ::) Don't you find it amazing at how nonchalant this poster was at breaking the law, and no one seems to care? He knew the law, and got kicked off the lake, it's not the other guys fault.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:59 AM »
Private lake owned by the town I'm guessing is an insurance issue. Someone falls through and drowns the rate skyrockets. It's happened on a private lake in Fort Wayne Lake Shores. People ignore the signs go out anyhow and some have died falling through. Rates keep going up now they patrol it. It's not that the town doesn't want people having a good time it's just they don't want insurance increases or expensive lawsuits.

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:17 AM »
Eddie Spaghetti. Sorry bro but in an American with overwhelming heroin and meth issues, illegal immigration, rising street gangs, entitlement issues  and rising crime all over the country this young man wanting to ice fish on an "illegal" lake is really quite inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.         

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:19 AM »
You another jack-lighter? ::) Don't you find it amazing at how nonchalant this poster was at breaking the law, and no one seems to care? He knew the law, and got kicked off the lake, it's not the other guys fault.
no, and the reason I posted that is I figured maybe you would have a forum there in Penn that you could lurk on

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:26 AM »
Your right, And its in every Form of life today, A lot of pinheads making a lot of decisions, And what a great job their doing!  I also have to laugh being 65. God help you younger folk.
   All you have to do is watch the news. Something is not right.

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:26 AM »
Eddie Spaghetti. Sorry bro but in an American with overwhelming heroin and meth issues, illegal immigration, rising street gangs, entitlement issues  and rising crime all over the country this young man wanting to ice fish on an "illegal" lake is really quite inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.       

Thank you.  It is hard to not "break the law" anymore.  If I wanted to play baseball in my spare time in my own town when I was growing up, I was breaking the law and got kicked off the baseball fields plenty.  Unless I want to sit around and get drunk all day, if I want to do anything in Lake Co. I am breaking some kind of law (meanwhile in Gary....).

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:28 AM »
Breaking the law is not the answer. Approach them and suggest a Tag that  gives you access to the lake. If enough tags are sold the cost for them is "O" to allow you to icefish.  I hope that you and your friend Alex has some safety picks,rope, life jacket. Those Police might just be pulling you out. Then you will get a Hefty bill/fine. ;D

No, we have none of that because we have absolutely no idea how to ice fish.  Are all PA folks this condescending?

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:33 AM »
I had my Grandson over yesterday, I tottaly understand what your saying, We had a long talk, About the same thing and school.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:34 AM »
I follow the law!! i guess you don't!!!!!    Your photos say it all.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:35 AM »

Exactly, this guys actions took police away from something else they could have been looking into. He knew the law and broke it by fishing a lake closed to ice fishing. He knew the law, and said "it's stupid and doesn't apply to me". I find it sad he has so many "supporters".

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:35 AM »

Yep.  All of the problems with society begins with them damn outdoorsmen not putting their names on their stands and fishing without a license.  Them crazy law breakers!  I guess I am just as bad as the rest of 'em.  Watch out, NWI_Angler is a fishing criminal!

FYI - I have a license (and trout/salmon stamp), do not hunt and am surprisingly not a scourge on society despite the fact I do try to sneak onto the ice of this lake. 

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Exactly, this guys actions took police away from something else they could have been looking into. He knew the law and broke it by fishing a lake closed to ice fishing. He knew the law, and said "it's stupid and doesn't apply to me". I find it sad he has so many "supporters".

I hope you never ever speed or give the police reasons to stop you for doing stupid things like running stop signs.  Otherwise I guess you are just on the same downhill path as me.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:37 AM »
no, and the reason I posted that is I figured maybe you would have a forum there in Penn that you could lurk on

No lurking, it's an open forum. Like laws, maybe that is a concept that you don't understand?

Offline flathead doug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:39 AM »
first remove the auger that is in thine own eye then thou shalt see clearly to remove the ice pick that is in thy brothers eye

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:39 AM »
Don't feed the trolls, just ignore the saints from PA.

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:42 AM »
in ny you would have lost all your gear

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:44 AM »
and you both would be fined-----love how he said he new it was closed season---and dont care----and hes mad cause he missed the chance at poaching the evening crappie bite

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:45 AM »
Yep.  All of the problems with society begins with them damn outdoorsmen not putting their names on their stands and fishing without a license.  Them crazy law breakers!  I guess I am just as bad as the rest of 'em.  Watch out, NWI_Angler is a fishing criminal!

FYI - I have a license (and trout/salmon stamp), do not hunt and am surprisingly not a scourge on society despite the fact I do try to sneak onto the ice of this lake.

Just so you know, I don't think you are a "scourge on society" or a criminal. Your post plainly stated that you knew you broke the law(maybe it's a ban?), and you didn't like the fact someone reported your doing so. It wasn't the other guys fault you broke the law, it was yours. Take responsibility and admit you were wrong. Accept that, and don't fish there again until it is legal/allowed. That is life. If you need a place to play baseball, or fish legally, come on over to PA, we have lots of legal spots to do both. 

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:45 AM »
in ny you would have lost all your gear

You can't even own an AR-15 in NY lol.  This is Indiana.  Where you can do almost anything you want except play baseball in Highland fields and ice fish Munster ponds. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.