Author Topic: Felix  (Read 6075 times)

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Felix
« Reply #60 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Wow so sorry to see this, I was on Green Bay all weekend and just seen this. So sad. RIP Felix and God Bless.

Tom

Offline shantyking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Felix was a good man. Way to young to go. Everyday is a fishing day for him now.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #62 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:47 PM »
So very sad for the family when there are sudden turns in life, but know that if you trust in the Lord he is our shelter and provider.....  I will miss Felix and I annual cookout on the ice
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline Gillhunter97

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Eat Sleep Repeat
« Reply #63 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Does anybody have his address. Would like to send his family a card. Pm me please...

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #64 on: Jan 20, 2015, 04:17 AM »
Does anybody have his address. Would like to send his family a card. Pm me please...

Felix D. Duron
67 Briar Stone Ln
Valparaiso In 46385

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:48 AM »
Just a reminder the Visitation/wake is today(wed) from 4-8pm(cst) at Edmonds and Evans Funeral Home 517 Broadway Ave, Chesterton. Many of us at planning to be there at 5pm. Funeral Service is tomorrow(thurs) at 11(cst). 

Offline ValparaisoGirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:03 AM »

Prayers.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #67 on: Jan 21, 2015, 02:05 PM »
Nice pics there.... I have known Felix for over 26 yrs and it has just rendered me floored. The man upstairs takes the good ones all too soon. RIP my friend...

Offline jcindiana

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 22, 2015, 02:51 AM »
Talked with him a few times on here never met him but I fell I miss him .....rip....

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #69 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:04 AM »
I have been sitting back on this one. As with most almost speechless. With all the times we have fished, talked, texted, it leaves you truly dumb founded how you can talk to someone on the phone in the afternoon, next thing you know your phone rings again and its the news that our father has him by his side.You just don't know who, when or why our Lord takes those he does. We do know it is because he has a plan that is greater than us all. We have learned to understand his word and his actions are for the good of us all. This is a reminder of how quickly things can change. Love your families and brothers, it may be the last time you get a chance to tell them. I have been there and I thank the Lord everyday for giving me the chance to still be here.

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

We have known the good deeds Felix has been apart of. He will not be forgotten

Offline muskyjoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:33 AM »
I have been sitting back on this one. As with most almost speechless. With all the times we have fished, talked, texted, it leaves you truly dumb founded how you can talk to someone on the phone in the afternoon, next thing you know your phone rings again and its the news that our father has him by his side.You just don't know who, when or why our Lord takes those he does. We do know it is because he has a plan that is greater than us all. We have learned to understand his word and his actions are for the good of us all. This is a reminder of how quickly things can change. Love your families and brothers, it may be the last time you get a chance to tell them. I have been there and I thank the Lord everyday for giving me the chance to still be here.

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

Amen

Offline Gillhunter97

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Eat Sleep Repeat
« Reply #71 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:53 AM »

Hit that one on the spot man.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #72 on: Jan 22, 2015, 04:36 PM »
For those who couldn't make the service, here are a few pics of the memory boards that his daughter put together. A very moving couple days, standing room only at the funeral service. We will miss you Felix.

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #73 on: Jan 22, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Great service Mike.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:15 PM »
I am swelling up again.  Felix, I miss you so much.

Offline dakota

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Today I buried a great friend, Saturday I will create one more memory with him. I will drill a hole, tie on a felix jig, pull out a gill look up to the sky and say thank you for the memories, I miss you.
Semper Fi            ;IGY6
I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 25, 2015, 11:09 AM »
To be honest fellas, I am still shaking out the cob webs.  It will take me some time to focus a little bit more.  But my grief is not getting getting the best of me like it did this past week.

I was one of the people that was asked to speak at his ceremonies.  I was humbled and honored to do such.  I got tears in my eyes now thinking about it.  I am so choked up.

To those that didn't know him personally, you missed out.  To those that did, he will never be replaced.  He was quite the unique individual.  In my travels, I have never come across a better person than he was.  Family man, working man, and an outdoorsman in every sense.  He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.  And that smile and laugh was something oh so special.

I miss my friend....and if I can be half the man that he was, I got life licked.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.