Author Topic: Felix  (Read 6075 times)

Offline water_walker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Felix
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:12 PM »
Did not have a chance to meet Felix but it sounds like he was a great guy. I am sorry to hear about his passing and I send my condolences to his family and friends.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Very sad news to hear. Keeping his family and friends in my thoughts.
Paul

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:17 PM »
Friends are friends forever! Talking and promoting fishing with his good friend Jimmy Crown at Valpo PopcornFest

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:36 PM »
I only spoke with him a couple times, but feel like I know him much better from the many years on ice shanty... We all could take a page from his book and get better in his memory. I'm sure he'd smile to see all of us make the extra effort to help promote the sport and get kids fishing! So very sad to hear this news... 
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:02 PM »
How sad.  I have had many Pm's with Felix and met him last year on Wawasee at the derby and had a nice chat.  This site, the fishing community and those that knew him much better than I, have lost a good man.  God bless his family.

Offline MisterIzzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ruining Everybody's Good Time
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Only had the pleasure of his company a few times during last year's get-togethers. He was a real mensch.

RIP brother.
Check out the Great Lakes Goofers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knttuPRpZbk

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #36 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:19 PM »
Felix had a smile that would light up a room.  He was a great man.  You are sadly missed by many bro.  May God give his family peace and strength.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:22 PM »
Wow, I just can't believe he's gone guys. I just met him for the first time last year on the ice. Great guy!  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family brother.

Greg
Fish on!

Offline coho333

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:31 PM »
I am at a loss for words . Felix was a great guy ,  I have had the opportunity to get to fish with him a few times and we had a blast. He is sure going to be missed. God bless his family. Going out on the ice tomorrow to catch a big one for him. Here is a couple pics I will remember forever . Great times with great friends. RIP Felix

Here fishy, fishy!!!!!!!

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:53 PM »
Great pics Randy. Keep those pics coming! Lots of great memories!

Offline ryoder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:00 PM »
How sad.  I have had many Pm's with Felix and met him last year on Wawasee at the derby and had a nice chat.  This site, the fishing community and those that knew him much better than I, have lost a good man.  God bless his family.

Met him last year at wawasee as well. Very nice guy. His family will be in my prayers.

Offline DanO2013

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:14 PM »
rest in peace buddy

Offline vermillion1405

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:45 PM »
This is tough, Felix was a great man, he was always the first one to offer help when someone need it, he took great pride in the take a kids fishing derby’s and making sure he tried his hardest that every kid caught a fish or came away with a awesome memory. There are many kids out there that caught their first fish because of Felix.  I had the pleasure of working with him every day, fishing with him many, many times and he will truly be missed. We were supposed to be fishing Wawasee this morning and he was really looking forward to this trip, all week he kept talking about how much fun he had fishing the slough last Saturday with Mike and Mark.  Two of his kids are still in high school, thoughts and prayers to Felix, his wife and kids.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:23 PM »
I didn't know him personally but it looks like he lived life and did a lot for others. Got the news while driving home tonight with Fishslayer and left us both shocked. Felix may you rest in peace and be catching the biggest toads heaven has to offer!!! I'm sure you will be missed by everyone that knew you. I'm bummed we never crossed paths  :(

Offline vermillion1405

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:32 PM »

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:41 PM »
May God be with his family . Such a people person who will surely be missed
This guy had class

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:17 PM »
That's sad to hear that we lost a fellow fisherman.  He was a great promoter of the sport we all enjoy. And it was nice seeing the pics of him introducing the children to our world. You will be missed.....

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:30 PM »
My condolences to Felix's family and friends. Did not know him but he seemed like one of the good guys from reading his posts and contributions to the sport of ice fishing.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 17, 2015, 11:02 PM »
Felix you be greatly missed! The passion you had for the great outdoors is second to none! I'm honered to call you my friend and will greatly miss your smile as well as all the other smiles you put on so many faces. My deepest sympathy goes to your family. Gods grace brother!!!

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They're biting by that guy over there!!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:30 AM »
Amen to one of our Brothers!!

Offline bendix.iceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 18, 2015, 06:40 AM »
Thoughts and prayers sent to all that knew him.  Sorry to hear this.

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:13 AM »
I too never met Felix in person but through seeing his posts and all of the pictures helping introduce new people to fishing he set a great example to the rest of us.  My condolences to the family and all those that knew him.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 18, 2015, 08:24 AM »

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #53 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:52 AM »
I still got tears in my eyes.  I just got off the phone with Rose(Felix's wife), she wants pics of Felix doing what he did.  Please send them to [email protected] so she can print them off.  She wants to display them at his funeral ceremonies. 

Offline rat-l-trap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 18, 2015, 11:57 AM »
my thoughts and prayers go out to Rose and family...I have never met him ,but he seemed to be a TRUE sportsman....Tight Lines Felix and rest in peace....Dennis

Offline slugger33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 18, 2015, 12:04 PM »
I did not know Felix but am praying for all of you and Felix family I had a good friend commit suicide last week it's hard to loose friends. Especially when it's completely understand expected.

By his grace
Evyn

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:52 PM »
I met Felix on maxi last year.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:36 PM »
This is so sad to here . I only got to meet him one time on maxi but I know iceshanty and the fishing Community as a whole lost a great man and fishermen . I would like to wish my deepest condolences to his family .

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:42 PM »
Here is Felix's obituary and plans for his services. I just met with Rose and the family. They are planning for Thursday's service to be celebration of his life. Please come if you can.

Felix Duron, age 46 of Valparaiso, IN passed away on Friday, January 16, 2015 in Valparaiso, IN. He was born on April  4, 1968 in Gary, IN to Felix and Ellen(Tilford) Duron. Felix is survived by his wife, Rosemary, his sons Felix, Anthony, Ethan Duron and Nicholas Serrano, daughter Emily Duron, brother Joseph Duron, sister Jennifer(Chris) Meyne, daughter in law Mindy Duron, grandchildren Lilly, DJ and Ariya, nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents. Felix was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He was a devoted outdoorsman who enjoyed hunting and fishing. Felix was a former Sunday School teacher and bus driver at Emmanuel Baptist Church in South Haven. He was a loyal friend to many and a member of many organizations.

Services for Felix will be held on Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 11:00am at Edmonds and Evans Funeral Home, 517 Broadway, Chesterton, IN 46304 with Pastor Mike Sutton officiating. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, January 21, 2015, from 4:00-8:00pm and on Thursday from 10:00 am until the time of service at 11:00am. Burial will follow at McCool Cemetery. Online condolences may be left for the family at www. EE-FH.com.

Offline FOOTDOC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 18, 2015, 06:24 PM »
I really cannot think of anything original or comforting to say.  Things like this never make sense to us.  I was fortunate enough to have Felix  over to my house to fish with the rest of my friends from Friends of Fishing and he was just a good hearted, fun loving person.  He had an infectious smile, great laugh and sincere passion for fellowship with friends and I think he considered everyone to be his friend.  He was the type who always went the extra mile for whatever he was involved with.  Even though I never knew Felix outside of Friends of Fishing, it saddens me a great deal that a quality person like him with an incredible amount of heart is no longer with us in this world.  I got to work an hour or so with him at this year's popcorn festival booth and it was very enjoyable to watch the favorable way he interacted with complete strangers that stopped at the booth - young and old.  This unexplainable event leads me to reflect and makes me more than ever really review just what is important in this world and figure out a way to prioritize my days.  This is easier said than done.  Thanks Felix for being a friend and you are so much more than just a friend of fishing - you are a friend to the world...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.