Author Topic: Cadillac  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Awk5658

• IceShanty Rookie
Cadillac
« on: Dec 04, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Hey everyone, I was planning on taking a trip to Cadillac and Mitchell lakes right after Christmas.  Does anyone have any experience up there?  I have 5 days and I want to ice fish really hard. 

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: Cadillac
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Hey everyone, I was planning on taking a trip to Cadillac and Mitchell lakes right after Christmas.  Does anyone have any experience up there?  I have 5 days and I want to ice fish really hard.

Mitchell is full of pike and has quite few crappie.  Cadillac has Crappie and perch.  There has to be gills too, but you don't hear much about them.  Google Pilgram's Village and call the bait shop there.  They are usually willing to help put you on some areas where they are catching some fish.  I have never ice fished it, but have bass fished tournaments there and the numbers of pike caught while bass fishing was nuts.

Offline Awk5658

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Cool!

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2014, 10:44 PM »
Wow, this post brings back lots of memories from my childhood.
We use to vacation on Mitchell 40+ years ago.
Walleye,perch and bluegill were what grandad was after. If we caught a pike they would nail the head on the pike tree next to the cabins.
We use to get ice cream at a place that had black bears in a cage not far from our cabins.
Sorry I'm not much help on the current fishing conditions.
It was good back in the day!

Offline Zktaylor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2014, 02:57 AM »
Now you've got me wanting to drive up there lol. I just want to be on some ice already! :icefish:

Offline bronzwhaler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Regular people just dont understand why we do this
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2014, 08:30 AM »
My brother, a buddy and myself went up a few years ago during ice season. We didn't have any ice around here. Fishing was tough. Big crappie. A lot of little perch. Some gills, but nothing to brag about. I would pick an area on either lake and work it. That was are problem, we just saw all this water and went nuts. Big mistake. The area on the south end of Mitchell is good. The shallow flats just south of the canal on Cadillac is good as well. Like mention before, Pilgram Village is big help. That was were we stayed. Close to everywhere. Food, bait, ice and beer. Good luck. Keep eye on weather, snow squalls can pop up anytime...being so close to the big lake.
You can't fix stupid

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2014, 08:53 AM »
A buddy and I went up there 2 years ago . Like everyone has said pilgrim village is a good shop with good people that are willing to help . As far as the pike go we could not find any at all we did catch a crap load of crappie on Mitchell but was only able to keep a few being most of them that we found were real small . This was our first ice trip and we had a lot of fun . But if I was headed back to michigan to ice fish I don't think I would go to Cadillac again.

Also if you go make sure you lock your stuff up at night . Someone at the motel we stayed at had a snowmobile stolen one night .

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Now you've got me wanting to drive up there lol. I just want to be on some ice already! :icefish:
   pm sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.