Author Topic: Maxi...  (Read 9322 times)

Offline Buckets

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Maxi...
« Reply #60 on: Jan 18, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Those are some dandy perch, congrats!

Offline sturner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 19, 2014, 06:46 AM »
It seems like the weeds would clean the lake of the runoff nutrients. Maxi is a huge body of water and there is plenty of deep water for the skiers to run in but I guess that is not good enough. Non native plants are a problem but once they are in a lake I don't think that they ever go away completely. Hudson lake used to have a lot of weeds but the introduction of Zebra Mussels has depleted the weed supply by attaching and dragging them down to the bottom. Maybe Maxi has the same problem with the deep weed beds that can't be sprayed. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bramabull

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:06 AM »
It seems like the weeds would clean the lake of the runoff nutrients. Maxi is a huge body of water and there is plenty of deep water for the skiers to run in but I guess that is not good enough. Non native plants are a problem but once they are in a lake I don't think that they ever go away completely. Hudson lake used to have a lot of weeds but the introduction of Zebra Mussels has depleted the weed supply by attaching and dragging them down to the bottom. Maybe Maxi has the same problem with the deep weed beds that can't be sprayed. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!
The unfortunate part about Hudson Lake is that there is a gentlemen from Illinois who has a lake house there that took it upon himself to hire someone to treat the lake for weeds about 5 or 6 yrs ago and some of the more prominent weed beds have not recovered. I was told that he was fined for his actions but I'm not sure if there is any validity to that.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #63 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:20 AM »
Weeds still have been pretty plentiful ,especially the deeper grass beds that aren't effected by spraying. It is just been a terrible year for them since it did not clear up this year like it normally is (gin clear)  there just is not alot of cabbage to speak of so hydrilla just dies off and lays down come ice season, 
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:44 AM »

a few and it took all day Friday best at mid day
Congrats Brad, great job as always.
Tom

Offline slipbobber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 19, 2014, 12:17 PM »
Those are some nice fat perchies

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 19, 2014, 12:22 PM »

a few and it took all day Friday best at mid day

Good jog those are some hogs . I bet that small mouth was a good fight .

Offline Dylan-ICEFISHING

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 20, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Maxi is awesome during the summer.
Nothing beats ice fishing.. And a good ole dodge cummins!!

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish stories told here!!!! Some true...
« Reply #68 on: Jan 20, 2014, 11:38 PM »
Isn't it past your bedtime Dylan?
Mitch

Offline spring bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:36 AM »
Me and Wax needed that smallie last spring.... :-\
Proud member of the Shiners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/McLovinLife3

Offline Dornz87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 27, 2014, 11:45 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on hitting Maxi this Saturday and was looking over this thread which has some good info.
We were out about a month ago just NE of the ramp in that 20-40 foot spot, but only managed 1 smallmouth on a minnow the entire day.  So, I'm turning to the pro's here for pointers!

I'm thinking about hitting a few humps closer to the beach area in search of walleye/crappie/perch.  The spots I plan on trying are shown on the map below...

Anyone have any suggestions?...depth, bait etc???
Also, where do you guys park and walk in when you fish that spot?

If anyone is going to be out, stop by and say hello.  We'll be the ones with a large blue Clam shanty!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 27, 2014, 11:54 AM »
Hows the ice on the lake looking?
Sat were going to give it a shot as well.

Thanks
Tom

Offline Wall-E-eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 27, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Was 19" Sunday,13" clear and rest rock hard white..very slick.Was making ice when I left.

You have some good spots picked to try on that map. I use a quad to cover more ground but as long as this next snow doesn't pound us walking is easy now..Bring Cleats!!
Jim

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Feb 27, 2014, 05:26 PM »
18-25 fow #3or5 raps orange or green tip the treble with minnow head when you get a mark on the vex ripp it a couple times and then usually as soon as it settles. those are always productive areas on your map but be versatile.  I should be flying around lake in the afternoon maroon ski doo sled.and clam nanook

Offline countryboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!
« Reply #74 on: Feb 27, 2014, 09:42 PM »
what app is this? thanks

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish stories told here!!!! Some true...
« Reply #75 on: Feb 28, 2014, 07:39 AM »
it looks like navionics
Mitch

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #76 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:56 AM »
18-25 fow #3or5 raps orange or green tip the treble with minnow head when you get a mark on the vex ripp it a couple times and then usually as soon as it settles. those are always productive areas on your map but be versatile.  I should be flying around lake in the afternoon maroon ski doo sled.and clam nanook

Get after it...give that sled a workout!

Offline Dornz87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:57 AM »
Yeah, It's the Navionics app.  Pretty nice little tool!

Thanks for the suggestions...if you're out there tomorrow, stop by!

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Feb 28, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Get after it...give that sled a workout!
I'm going tidings it a new home lol

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #79 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:36 PM »
Hi Gang!
  Found out during the tournament weekend for maxi if you power drill it spooks the crappie away.  The guys who caught them were using the trick of a craftsman  365 inch pound drill  on low speed connecteD to a strikemaster Lazer 6" hand auger.  Or guys were using a gator power auger. They would drill in 30-40 fow and slowly jig down to fish they were sonaring.  being very quite on the surface.  any clanging or bangin would spook the schools of fish in the area.  So stealth is the key.
  Tightlines Da-Roc

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:26 AM »
On maxi right now. In a red hub not a whole going on been here since 6 am eastern. Marked a few but no takers

Offline Wall-E-eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:45 AM »
On maxi right now. In a red hub not a whole going on been here since 6 am eastern. Marked a few but no takers
I'm just north of you in Otter with green quad, had a nice eye come in 45 minutes ago but that's been it..getting ready to go chase perch
Jim

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Mar 03, 2014, 12:24 AM »
Hi Gang!
  Found out during the tournament weekend for maxi if you power drill it spooks the crappie away.  The guys who caught them were using the trick of a craftsman  365 inch pound drill  on low speed connecteD to a strikemaster Lazer 6" hand auger.  Or guys were using a gator power auger. They would drill in 30-40 fow and slowly jig down to fish they were sonaring.  being very quite on the surface.  any clanging or bangin would spook the schools of fish in the area.  So stealth is the key.
  Tightlines Da-Roc

I thought I read they fished out from the ramp in the 20ft hole, are u talking about the winners of the trny? Or was they left or north of that hole in deep water.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.