Author Topic: Best Lakes you ever fished in indiana  (Read 10791 times)

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Lakes you ever fished in indiana
« Reply #60 on: Nov 19, 2013, 07:51 PM »
Pretty soon it will be like tuna fish, served in a plastic bag....   

Pass me another bag of beer..   
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline frabil junky

• IceShanty Rookie
  • drop em down
« Reply #61 on: Nov 20, 2013, 03:38 PM »
I would say Lake Louise in the subdivision of shorewood forest is the best lake in the state of Indiana for all species.  I have fished a lot of Indiana lakes north to south and its pretty fire, but it is private.  Huge bluegill, redear, giant crappies some over 20" when you're really on them, big bass largemouth and smallmouth, a few big walleye, very big muskies, and big cats also.            Now for public I like Maxi, Lake of the Woods, Worster, Hoffman, Webster, Barbie Chain is pretty good also. I have down well down at Patoka also.  I have been wanting to hit Lake James in North east coner of the state. 
Frabill Junky

Offline graham

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Nov 20, 2013, 06:17 PM »
I just can't bring myself to tell what my favorite lakes are, OR, to leave trash behind.  But it is nice to see that the board is live and ready to go.  You guys don't start  at each other too much or you will jinx us and we will have a repeat of two years ago.  In that spirit...Npike5, aren't you the dude that posted countless threads requesting ice reports last year?  LMAO  j/k bro. Good luck everyone!

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Nov 20, 2013, 06:56 PM »
yeah because i just started out ice fishing and i didn't know what lakes were good and how to ice fish for them but i did go a lot last year and i have learned alot about ice fishing. I am mostly a open water fishermen.
Some people like to fish but i like to catch fish

Offline graham

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Nov 20, 2013, 07:21 PM »
It's all good, man.  You just got to get out there and bang around on the ice.  Only trust your own spud.   ;)

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Nov 21, 2013, 01:47 AM »
I would say Lake Louise in the subdivision of shorewood forest is the best lake in the state of Indiana for all species.  I have fished a lot of Indiana lakes north to south and its pretty fire, but it is private.  Huge bluegill, redear, giant crappies some over 20" when you're really on them, big bass largemouth and smallmouth, a few big walleye, very big muskies, and big cats also.            Now for public I like Maxi, Lake of the Woods, Worster, Hoffman, Webster, Barbie Chain is pretty good also. I have down well down at Patoka also.  I have been wanting to hit Lake James in North east coner of the state.
20 inch crappie?? And yeah private ponds in subdivisions are the way to go lol ive been kicked outta several over the years that are just ridiculously good
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline triplej

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Nov 21, 2013, 04:26 AM »
I remember pine lake 20-25 years ago the boy scouts would always have a fishing derby. a lot of them jumbo perch was around back then. best time i remember was when the fish wasn't biting very well and a few of us got the idea to use a chocolate cookie after we ate the cream center. got a lot of fish that day i still have plenty of them pictures from the good 'ol times.

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #67 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:35 AM »
One of my favorite places to fish is somewhere I've never fished before, its over there close to South Bend by the gravel pits where itsurrenders 15-16" gills and 19-23" crappie!  Has no one from this site ever checked that out? ??? Lol.my favourite lake or water is where there are active eyes.

Offline fwcanoefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:20 AM »
One of my favorite places to fish is somewhere I've never fished before, its over there close to South Bend by the gravel pits where itsurrenders 15-16" gills and 19-23" crappie!  Has no one from this site ever checked that out? ??? Lol.my favourite lake or water is where there are active eyes.

(First Post here)  Nice fish you've got there!  I've always wanted to catch walleye.  I've tried before, but never been successful.

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Nov 21, 2013, 12:26 PM »
  Best lakes I've fished are the ones that I don't talk/tell anyone about. ;)

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Nov 21, 2013, 02:01 PM »
One of my favorite places to fish is somewhere I've never fished before, its over there close to South Bend by the gravel pits where itsurrenders 15-16" gills and 19-23" crappie!  Has no one from this site ever checked that out? ??? Lol.my favourite lake or water is where there are active eyes.(Image removed from quote.)

Joe those look like the pond fed walleye! Sneaking out already I see lol I knew the docs orders wouldn't be followed! Put those whisker eyes back! Scary looking next to the sandwich meat!

Offline frabil junky

• IceShanty Rookie
  • drop em down
« Reply #71 on: Nov 21, 2013, 02:25 PM »
Hey Jig Head if you have any friends that live there you need to hit them up.  I grew up in there and have friends that still live there.  My buddy has caught a 20 1/2", a 20 3/34", and a 21 1/4" on kvd four bladed bass spinners in white.  I have caught plenty in the 14"-16" range over the years out there.  Shorewood is excellent but you have to fish with someone that lives there or you wind up with hundreds in fines and tickets.  There are bass in the 8-10lb class caught each year but its pretty hush hush.  6-7lb smallies also.  If you like to fish its a great place to live.  Lots of homes are in forclosure out there and you can get a good one and put a lil work into it for a decent price.  better than what you would think anyway.  we are heading up to northern Mn. after xmas for Lake of the Woods, Winnie, and Red Lake.  perch, walleye, big crappie, and northern.  Big fish and thick ice.
Frabill Junky

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #72 on: Nov 21, 2013, 02:59 PM »
No stinky, not pond fed and and about 3 wks ago, I can hardly contain myself, but I've got to take it very careful for a while

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Nov 21, 2013, 06:51 PM »
No stinky, not pond fed and and about 3 wks ago, I can hardly contain myself, but I've got to take it very careful for a while

So the live well is still full behind the barn? I'm
coming out!

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:55 PM »
All joking aside about beer can reefs or gravel pits with gillzillas..... The way I find new lakes is by using an arial view image from Navionics. I grew up on Jimmerson James Snow chain so I always just fished up that way. With gas prices crap ice I decided to check out some places closer to the Fort. So I started at Fort Wayne on an arial view satellite image saw all the small lakes in Whitley county area and decided to focus on those. Next I just started to look at maps of the individual lakes checking out depths structure lines ect.... I spring fished those lakes to check out the quality of panfish and parking. If you don't have the time to trial fish in soft water season then ask around at local bait shops they will tell you anything you need to know to get started. When your out there fishing talk to different people you can make some great friends and learn allot quickly by talking to the people catching fish. Your going to see a group of guys many times but you will notice that there's a handful just pounding the fish those are the guys that know what's up and are all pretty nice to talk to. I've helped plenty of guys and I'm pretty friendly that's how I met Waxworm I liked his bugs the instant I saw them. Perfect imitation of a mayfly larvae aka wiggler. This year now Ive added those to my arsenal. Below is an arial of the lakes in Whitley County then I put a map of High Lake on where I have done well in the past. I tend to stay to the right side as your facing the lake from the ramp. I got tired of walking all the way back to the left. Caught plenty on the right side there's fish all over.

Offline teardrop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Nov 22, 2013, 12:54 AM »
A certain lake in Lagrange county known now for it's walleye, but 53 years ago my dad and I got huge redears and bluegills. There was no walleyes then, but use to watch pike pick bedding bluegills off the beds early in the morning, gosh that lake was great in my memories. But I also think I remember throwing a 100 MPH fastball and a curve that was impossible to hit, dementia?   Teardrop .   

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #76 on: Nov 22, 2013, 06:49 AM »
A certain lake in Lagrange county known now for it's walleye, but 53 years ago my dad and I got huge redears and bluegills. There was no walleyes then, but use to watch pike pick bedding bluegills off the beds early in the morning, gosh that lake was great in my memories. But I also think I remember throwing a 100 MPH fastball and a curve that was impossible to hit, dementia?   Teardrop .   

LOL.  You should have seen my knuckleball back in the day!!!!!!!!

I know the lake.  Still a dandy. 

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Nov 22, 2013, 07:02 AM »
That wall lake located off of 120 right up by orland
Some people like to fish but i like to catch fish

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Nov 22, 2013, 07:24 AM »
That wall lake located off of 120 right up by orland

Don't know nothing about that......it aint in my area!!!!!!!!!  Round is much closer.

Offline Ice_Fly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Nov 22, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Tri Lakes Round Lake. I always forget about that puddle up in Kendaltucky that's not a bad place either though. I always think about those poor *****s buried right there though feel like I'm parking on someone's grave that couldn't afford a stone;x

lol... yea, I always do very well on decent sized gills first ice @ the Round in Kendall-tucky....

right down the street from me, so I fish it just about daily during first & last ice.
There are some very nice perch & crappie there as well if you can get on them.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Nov 22, 2013, 02:32 PM »
lol... yea, I always do very well on decent sized gills first ice @ the Round in Kendall-tucky....

right down the street from me, so I fish it just about daily during first & last ice.

Always wanted to hook with you up there.  My "zone" usually stops at the Big Lake area but I fish the Ligonier area at least once a year.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Nov 22, 2013, 05:05 PM »

I'm superstitious there's a demon squirrel in the woods that was stalking me I'm staying away from that place! Could get a curse from it! The dead are better off just to lay undisturbed....Maybe a different parking spot perhaps.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Nov 22, 2013, 05:19 PM »
I'm superstitious there's a demon squirrel in the woods that was stalking me I'm staying away from that place! Could get a curse from it! The dead are better off just to lay undisturbed....Maybe a different parking spot perhaps.

It might be wise for you fellas to give a full detail.  I am sure that a lot would be interested. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.