Author Topic: Wait for Ice...Travel to Ice...or Get the Boat Out. What are you going to do?  (Read 3225 times)

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
Just curious what some of you guys have planned.  Last year I waited for the ice and only got out 4 times on a channel.  I considered traveling north but the drive was too far for good ice...and a short time to fish.  I finally decided to get the boat out.  It was the best decision for me.  I caught plenty of fish jigging over the side of the boat with my flasher and long rods.  What will you do this year?
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Mrwiggler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I'm going to miss her "
Sounds like a good plan to me.....!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
I'll wait. Ice is on the way here.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline perchching

• IceShanty Rookie
Go freaking nuts waiting on ice. I already put my boat away for winter which was a huge mistake because the perch are goin bazurk on the big lake.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
I'll wait for ice... I'll be finished with school on the 13th then its 5 days of muzzleloader/late archery also have to film a hunt somewhere in those 5 days and then from the 18th until we get ice some squirrel management is in order.

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline That Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Goin to find some walleye and maybe some salmon on Sunday on the small boat probably bring the jigging rods and flasher just for the hell of it were not to far from ice and I still got ducks to kill the big boat is away for the year which kinda sucks because that means the good electronics are away for the year but I'm sure well manage

Offline hoosier-iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
My boat is still ready to go. I'm going to keep on the open water until till theres ice good enough to walk on. I might travel over my Christmas shutdown though.

Offline Lipripper88

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm going out on the boat Saturday for perch

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
I am fishing out of a small boat now or till it freezes enough I can t. I will be traveling to some ice around the first of the year for a week , just will have to see where! I have to go somewhere as I bought a new strikemaster Electra last year in December and it is almost out of warranty and it hasn't cut a hole yet :'(

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Going to get some more big lake perch.

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I would have waited.......
WORK WORK WORK.....make more money.....buy more stuff to get ready for this season!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
I dont get too bent out of shape until X-mas concerning the ice.  I got some pokers in the fire concerning trips up north, and plan on making one or two regardless of what conditions are here.  My boats are always ready.  But as of now I am waiting patiently.........if the ice doesnt come, then so be it.

Offline swisscheez

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • there is no such thing as to many holes:)
no time to wait for the freeze here. its like watching paint dry travel have fun and enjoy life.get your hard ice on
Feels so nice doing it through the ice

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, golf of course!! I might do some boat or bank fishing on the side if it's too bad for golf.
Paul

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll continue bank fishing and maybe wading till we ice up. Its not going to be that far away if we're lucky.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm going to put some fis ;Dh on ice this weekend, in a cooler
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline billyex99

• IceShanty Rookie
NW Wisconsin week from Saturday, hopefully. Postponed it twice already.

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
TKO I heard the walleye bite turned on again up north.  I guess it has been a really good year for them up there.  I guess October was one of the best months there has been in a long time.  I think I'll be taking the boat out this weekend but dont think I'll be going for eyes.

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
Honey do list, working too much, building a sleeper shack, saving yard passes up for a 4 day trip somewhere first of the year.  Hope IN gets some ice this year and do some night fishing when I can.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
no time to wait for the freeze here. its like watching paint dry travel have fun and enjoy life.get your hard ice on
X 100 :tipup:
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm going to put some fis ;Dh on ice this weekend, in a cooler

That's funny, my phone hasn't rung yet?????

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm going to complain on iceshanty.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac

That's funny, my phone hasn't rung yet?????

I was kind of thinking of the same thing all spring :whistle:
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Team Robinson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Robinson
Last year we drove 9 hours to get ice and I wish I had gone more often  :(
I will go more this year regardless of where 
This is why I left NY

"..you and others are free to pursue Big Foot for the purpose of documenting their existence provided none are harmed..." -- Mark Kandel, Regional Wildlife Manager, NYSDEC - Region 9

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict

Wow, this is a tough place to hang out!  LMAO. 

Offline NWohioiceman123

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm going to wait it out. I'm going to Costa Rica in two weeks so hopefully there is ice when I get back.

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
If I ever win the lottery I am going to buy a lake, build a dome over it and freeze the lake with an ammonia system.  I will ice fish year round.  Until then, I gotta wait it out.

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm still bank fishing for Bluegill. And, catching fish......last year I never got on the ice, but had a very successful winter season. I think too many people miss out because they're not fishing the cold, but not frozen, water...lots of opportunity there. I've caught these within the last week, on ice jigs tipped w/spikes, below a slip float.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
If I ever win the lottery I am going to buy a lake, build a dome over it and freeze the lake with an ammonia system.  I will ice fish year round.  Until then, I gotta wait it out.

OMG, that is a great idea! One of the rich folk need too do this. Japan has ski hills inside a dome, we need a lake for our July ice itch. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.