Author Topic: right to work  (Read 14976 times)

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: right to work
« Reply #90 on: Jan 08, 2012, 11:02 PM »
the problem i believe lies in the lumping together of the unions.  building trades are a far cry from the the government employee unions, and yet we get lumped into the problem.  i don't believe that it's right that someone who is getting paid publicly should be able to use public money to fund a pac fund to lobby to increase their wages and benefits....it's like slapping yourself.  that's why they use to call it civil service...because you knew if you worked for the government you weren't going to make as much as your private sector opposite.  now after billions of union lobbying they are making more than the private sector...with garaunteed jobs.  that is what makes people like me mad...there is no garauntee in life...when i had 4 months off last year sure i got unemployment and i made it through by tightening the belt, but there was no garauntee of a job...just a list with 200 names on it and time to kill without spending any money!!

fair is fair but when it comes to politics be sure to follow the money...for both sides!  for money is the mothers milk of politics

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:13 AM »
Pour it on guy's. As long as you are on top of the pyramid then who cares about the underfunded pensions or the burden it will place on the taxpayers. Skilled workers lol. Tell me about the laborer or carpenter who is leaning on a shovel or building water jug stands in BP for 100g's a year. Unions have a stranglehold on the taxpayer and represent the same waste we see in our government every day. No doubt things in this country are going to have to change and this includes the lowly working class like us. If you think the union will hide you from these changes in this country that are sure to come, i believe you are just kidding yourself.
Unfortunately for you and your piers, Unions arent going anywhere. This means that if anyone is stupid enough to work on our shop floor non union their not gonna last anyway because they have no protection. If you dont know what you are talking about then it would be best to remain silent. Im trying to help you here before the wrong person does it for me. You obviously dont know the conditions faced with SOME union shops. You just stereotype 100k standing around. I dont make 100k and I work all year.
Brnzeback5= If our wages were to drop, then obviously we would then be paying lower TAXES. So I guess the govt would have to raise TAXES somewhere else to make up the difference. See how that works? its not complicated. This govt doesnt do things to help the middle class. Anything they do, they have an agenda. If American workers produced like our govt, we would all be out of a job cause they dont do much but argue and exist.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Unfortunately for you and your piers, Unions arent going anywhere. This means that if anyone is stupid enough to work on our shop floor non union their not gonna last anyway because they have no protection.

Is it ran by the mafia? Protection, from what?  If you are good at what you do, who would ever get rid of you?

Just curious
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Is it ran by the mafia? Protection, from what?  If you are good at what you do, who would ever get rid of you?

Just curious
Maybe you can go back a few posts and read about the 500+ deaths that have occured on the property that I work at. Protection from a nervous supervisor trying to rush you to get a job done because he is worried about underproducing. Why is the supervisor worried? Because he is  NON UNION. They will fire his but in a second. So he makes all kinds of unsafe decisions that will get you hurt or killed. Youre doing right to educate yourself

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:57 AM »

Just curious
There is always someone younger, and more productive than one of us older members. Or someone who has been working non-union, who just became organized and is doing the work of 2 men. Just saying, there are no guarantees you will keep your job. Never meet a union brother who hasn't never been laid-off. You never know if your next job will come tomorrow or in a few months. To those who make 75-100K a year with paid vacations, sick days and car for transportation. You are very fortunate.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #95 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Maybe you can go back a few posts and read about the 500+ deaths that have occured on the property that I work at. Protection from a nervous supervisor trying to rush you to get a job done because he is worried about underproducing. Why is the supervisor worried? Because he is  NON UNION. They will fire his but in a second. So he makes all kinds of unsafe decisions that will get you hurt or killed. Youre doing right to educate yourself

Curious question as I don't know where you work BP?  But of those 500 deaths over 100 years, how many have come in the past 30 or 40 years, vs. the 70 or 60 years before that?

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Shaver that is how I fell. My supervisor needed the trailer and was pushing me to get it unloaded so his boss did not jump his butt.

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #97 on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:20 AM »
I can agree with the Ditch Mitch Slogan what has he done in this state to make anything better ??????

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Curious question as I don't know where you work BP?  But of those 500 deaths over 100 years, how many have come in the past 30 or 40 years, vs. the 70 or 60 years before that?
Not suprisingly, Im having a hard time finding detailed data on the particular info you request . In the mean time check this out, Ive read alot of these today

Example=

On Jan. 26, an employee was badly injured when a 20-ton truck that moves steel coils backed over the motor-scooter he was driving. The man suffered skull fractures and five fractures of the pelvis, among other injuries. The worker was driving the scooter in a restricted area at the request of a supervisor, while the operator of the coil truck was inexperienced with the vehicle and is actually a crane operator, according to Local  President .

"There's a lot of cross-training and people being asked to do several different jobs," he said.

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #99 on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:57 AM »
I belong to the teachers union and am a strong believer in the union.  The union is the only thing that is protecting us from crazy government regulations in education. My union fees should not go to protect people that dont believe in the union. The union isnt as strong as it use to be, but it is the only protection that teachers have.  I teach at a school in Fort Wayne where 96 percent of my students are on free and reduced lunch.  They come from rough backgrounds which makes school really hard for a lot of these kids.  I honestly, really love working at this school.  If they take my union away from me it will crush a teacher like me.  No teacher would want to teach at a school like that, because the state will say since they score lower on ISTEP than students at Homestead, the teacher must not be effective.  I really support all unions.  I see a lot of good in unions.  This state has a lot more important things to worry about than right to work!  This bill shows why the government is so messed up! Vote NO! Mitch has done so much harm to the education system in Indiana.  Ditch Mitch! This topic really gets me fired up. I teach United States Government and United States History.  I really dont think that are elected officals study history or government.  We really need to elect average joe people into government.  That will fix a lot of these problems.  All these rich polticians have no idea what it is really like to live in todays day and age.  The government was set up to allow for the average person to run and win an election.  Now you have to be super rich to win.

Yogi

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 09, 2012, 03:08 PM »
One other thing Mitch has failed tax paying Hoosier's is the leasing of the toll road. The money that was given for this is gone. And the toll road is a mess with pot holes. I work at prairie farm dairy and we don't let our drivers use it for that reason. The bad thing about this is no one on this web site will have to pay for this our children and grandchildren our going to take the fall for his stupidity. I went cedar point this past summer and got on the toll road and within 20 miles I got off of it because the road was so bad in spots. Yogi you are correct everytime they start talking about cutting money wh.y is one of the first thing out of there mouth is education? You along with thousands of others are teaching kids of our county's future. It makes me made when they do this. Every year my kids fees for schooling goes up. This year my kids material fees where 400.00. Im glad I make good $ because if I was making less it would be hard on the wallet as it is for family's at your school.

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 09, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Tommorow night Mitch is giving his last state of the state. If you want to learn more about this it would be educational to watch. After he lies to all of us their is going to be live coverage from worker's and democrat's. This will give you both views on this. Maybe u will be able to read between the lines.

Offline BIGKAT9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Jan 09, 2012, 05:34 PM »
US Steel GARY Works ,Has had 500+ deaths

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:26 PM »
LOL Now that we got that out of the way - WHERES THE DANG ICE  LMAO

iTS NICE TO BE PART OF A COUNTRY WHERE WE CAN CHOSE TO WORK HOW WE WANT TO.

AMEN
NOW LETS FISH.
Tom

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Tommorow night Mitch is giving his last state of the state. If you want to learn more about this it would be educational to watch. After he lies to all of us their is going to be live coverage from worker's and democrat's. This will give you both views on this. Maybe u will be able to read between the lines.

glad you made that clear. Workers and democrats ;D

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:36 PM »
LOL...............that is funny, come on cold air, we have a right to ice fish

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:43 PM »
One other thing Mitch has failed tax paying Hoosier's is the leasing of the toll road. The money that was given for this is gone. And the toll road is a mess with pot holes. I work at prairie farm dairy and we don't let our drivers use it for that reason. The bad thing about this is no one on this web site will have to pay for this our children and grandchildren our going to take the fall for his stupidity. I went cedar point this past summer and got on the toll road and within 20 miles I got off of it because the road was so bad in spots. Yogi you are correct everytime they start talking about cutting money wh.y is one of the first thing out of there mouth is education? You along with thousands of others are teaching kids of our county's future. It makes me made when they do this. Every year my kids fees for schooling goes up. This year my kids material fees where 400.00. Im glad I make good $ because if I was making less it would be hard on the wallet as it is for family's at your school.

The money from the toll road lease is not gone.  It is allocated to road projects (some done, some in progress and some to be started at a later date) that would have never been able to have been financed without it (unless they raised the gas tax and sales tax in the state).  The toll road lost money every year and your and my tax dollars were used to make up for the short fall.  Now that responsibility is on the group that leased it and our tax dollars can be used elsewhere.  Over the course of the the lease they have to put 4 billion dollars into the toll road in upkeep, and improvements.  Plus the 3.85 billion will generate nearly another billion in interest bringing the total to 9 billion from a LEASE of something that was a tax burden every year.  Your kids and grandkids will not be paying for the toll road lease.  If anything, the lease has delayed a tax increase to pay for all the road improvements in this state that were on table and had no money behind them.  Roads need constant repair, so eventually, you, I and our kids and grandkids will all be paying for road upkeep with higher taxes.  As long as the toll raod is leased it is not a tax burden and it's upkeep is on the leasee.  At the end of the lease it either comes back to the state or they renew.  If it comes back, it will likely continue to be a tax burden unless the usage and tolls charged by then actually create a profit.  I drive the toll road several times a year from spring until fall to go to lake st clair and also visit family and I never ran into the mess you describe.  Unless the problems you ran into are between 69 and the Ohio line or they were repaired within weeks, I never saw it from South Bend to I69. 

Education in this country is broken.  Kids that want to learn can, the problem is at home where parents put no emphasis on education and treat the schools like a free full time baby sitter that provides free meals.  Throwing more money at the schools will not change the fact that illegal immigrants and kids from 'rough neighborhoods' don't have the support systems at home to value school and education.  There are alot of other countries that spend alot less per student than the US and get much better results.  Why is that?  It is because in those countries if you don't educate yourself you have no chance and have to fight stray dogs and rats for food.  Here there are a zillion govt. safety nets out there that allow people to get by without an education and no job.

Offline blueblade

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on!
« Reply #107 on: Jan 09, 2012, 06:48 PM »
BMWE TEAMSTERS local 1362 for almost 36 years railroad    ditch mitch
blueblade

Offline Mr. gill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:25 PM »
Yes workers an democrats bb5. Your man Mitch will be speaking for your republican sectors. Wax if their is 4 million then why is the road like a never ending speed bump and if all these road projects are in the works lets put them in motion to get are unemployment down.

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #109 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:39 PM »
The education system is broke Wax.  I agree, but more funding would really help.  Please come in with me one day and you will see what more funding will do.  You cant teach a class that has 30 to 40 middle school students in it.  It is impossible to create an enviroment for learning.  It would have been really nice for Mitch to give some of that mystery money that showed up to education.  People have no clue how much really was cut when he took all the money away from education.  The government has really hurt the education system in Indiana.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:54 PM »
Yes workers an democrats bb5. Your man Mitch will be speaking for your republican sectors. Wax if their is 4 million then why is the road like a never ending speed bump and if all these road projects are in the works lets put them in motion to get are unemployment down.

It is 4 billion, not million.  Like I said I don't see the never ending speed bumps you speak of.  What stretch of the toll road?  I drove it nearly every month from may - sept and saw no pot holes like you speak of.  In fact the toll road was in better shape than most Indiana 4 lane roads like 31, 30 and 69.  If you did any research you would see there is a 10 year plan 'in motion' to improve Indiana's roads.  Common sense should also tell you that you can't do 10 years worth of road work in 5 years.  There are only so many companies to do the work, there is planning, permits, traffic flows and a zillion other things involved in road projects.  If you piss the money away right up front you also don't get the additional 1 billiion in interest that you do by sticking with the 10 year plan.  That 1 billion will fund even more road projects.   The 10 year plan will create an estimated 130,000 jobs but its not like all the people unemployed can jump into some heavy equipment and start building roads or have the ability to work construction. ::)

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #111 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:58 PM »
  The 10 year plan will create an estimated 130,000 jobs but its not like all the people unemployed can jump into some heavy equipment and start building roads or have the ability to work construction. ::)

On that note and only that note,,I hope they do jump in equiment,cause thats what I do, windows in Heavy equiment.You put them all in equiment and they gonna break windows and I get paid !!!!!!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #112 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:59 PM »
toll road update:
since august i drive the toll road at least 3 days a week. from chicago to east gate...best shape its ever been in. i grew up in elkhart and used it constantly to get to lake MI and east to the state line. my new truck is less than 2 months old and i just kicked over 13,000 miles.

trust me its fine. in the last 2 weeks from chicago to pittsburg back to ftwayne and then up to toronto and back.......only the 401 in canada is better.
if you think US 20  or 120 is better you need to get out more.....sounds like a cop out for the dairy not wanting to pay tolls. i get better milage, get their quicker and for a couple bucks... i'm in!!! i don't care who owns it!

just my thoughts.....okay, ya'll can go back at it now!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:07 PM »
I agree that the toll road out here is in better shape but I noticed also how they cut all of the toll attendants and put in change machines that dont work most of the time. Then you have to argue with the automated operator whether or not you put 60 cents in while your truck is doing shots of octane (more money damage). Im curious, can they now make a profit from it because of all of the people they let go? Help me understand it

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #114 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:36 PM »
There are only so many companies to do the work, there is planning, permits, traffic flows and a zillion other things involved in road projects.

I'm in the asphalt maintenance business and there are only a few paving companies in northern IN capable of the major road work in this area: E&B Paving, Walsh& Kelly, Reith Riley, Phend & Brown, 1st Brooks.  There may be others..... and I believe all these companies use union labor.  Then there is the concrete contractor, the excavators, underground pipe contractor, trucking companies,.....the list goes on and on.  And I would expect most of these companies use union labor also.

I'm not getting any work from these road projects and neither are the small operators of similar type businesses....most of the jobs created by the 10 year plan for road improvement is mostly Union Labor.

Maybe some of you guys shouldn't ditch Mitch....

Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline portageredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:44 PM »
my wife WAS a toll attendant at westpoint (last toll b4 skyway) note i said was...i-passes and machines took all their jobs...ps..if the cop dont see you there is nothing they can do if you crash thru the gate...ditch mitch

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:51 PM »
my wife WAS a toll attendant at westpoint (last toll b4 skyway) note i said was...i-passes and machines took all their jobs...ps..if the cop dont see you there is nothing they can do if you crash thru the gate...ditch mitch
Thank You for the reply, Thats how I figured that they would turn a profit where others couldnt.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:12 PM »
I don't think removing the people from the toll booths is going to turn them a profit.  For what they have invested they need about 120 million every year for 75 years just to break even.  They took a 75 year gamble that they could generate more traffic on the toll road by keeping it well maintained and speeding the process thru the toll booths with I-PASS.  They also plan on increasing the tolls many times over the 75 year plan.  Who knows if it will work.  It is their problem if they lose money.  They may increase the tolls to high and cause less traffic and lose money.  Too bad for them.  If they feel the automated route is cheaper or more efficient in the long run than paying a few people 10 - 20 bucks an hour to take cash and make change then that is their choice.  The I-pass transmitter is free (or was at one time) and all you have to do is load it with some cash and drive right on thru.  No need for change or dealing with a person taking cash and giving change.  I don't have an I-pass, but the exit at 69 or south bend or elkhart or Bristol, I have never had an issue with the machines.  Also, that 4 billion they have to invest in the toll road over 75 years, they are required to use INDIANA companies for the work.  I don't know how many people were employed at the toll booths.....500 seems way high to me, but the money they saved by replacing them with automated gates is minute compared to the 4 billion they have to put into the TR.  Also, they had to hire and pay a certain number of people to develop and run the IPASS system.  In the end, that 4 billion will be paid to Inidana companies and Inidiana workers (likely mainly union), so in the long run, Indiana wins.

Offline giggity

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:21 PM »
Carpenters Local 948. I would rather pay my dues to the union that negotiates my wages and fights for me, than give it to a company that wants me to work for less.
There is no substitute for union craftsmanship.

Offline MONSTERQUEST

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Jan 09, 2012, 10:27 PM »

LOCAL 1010

3703 Euclid Avenue
East Chicago, Indiana 46312
(219) 398-3100
Fax (219) 398-2494

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Memory of All the Steelworkers Who Have Lost Their Lives
on the Job While Working for the
Inland Steel Company/Ispat - Inland.
Click here for Microsoft Word Version of this Document

2/21/1903 St. Clair, Joseph Open Hearth
10/27/1903 Morrisey, Pat Transportation
8/4/1905 Newman, George Painter
8/26/1905 DeLong, L. Open Hearth
9/3/1906 Christian, John Open Hearth
8/6/1907 Pishta, Dan Open Hearth
8/12/1907 Coruga, John Blast Fce.
9/27/1907 Moran, Eli Unknown
10/16/1907 Galvin, John Transportation
3/27/1908 Schana, Dan Open Hearth
6/29/1908 Brastic, Nick Blast Furnace
9/14/1908 Evan, John Open Hearth
9/28/1908 Fanya, Stefan Carpenter
11/27/1908 Shemechick, Steve Sheet Mill
2/26/1909 Graham, Ike Open Hearth
3/9/1909 Corcoran, Pat Blast Furnace
3/25/1909 Spolerich, John Sheet Mill
5/11/1909 Russian, George Continuous Mill
9/16/1909 Wansinski, Frank Continuous Mill - Hot Bed
9/23/1909 Fenski, Jacob Continuous Mill
10/17/1909 Missouri, James Sheet Mill
12/20/1909 Booniah, Dan Open Hearth - Pit
2/13/1910 Rector, Charles Bar Mill
2/22/1910 Halmigi, John Continuous Mill
4/7/1910 Pursell, Anton Continuous Mill - Crane
5/31/1910 Sipus, Tom Open Hearth
5/31/1910 Stockies, Joe Open Hearth
7/23/1910 Moldovon, Nick Sheet Bar Mill
12/18/1910 Pete, Mike Blast Fce.
3/16/1911 Parovich, Albin Open Hearth
4/20/1911 Skalko, Joe Unknown
6/7/1911 Neogu, John Switchman
10/10/1911 Perozik, Joseph Blast Furnace
2/5/1912 Romanski, Stanley Bloom Mill
7/18/1912 Cacich, Milan Galvanize
7/28/1912 Pete, Mike Blast Furnace
9/11/1912 Kropp, Emil Sheet Bar Mill
11/28/1912 Kotakowski, John Continuous Mill
1/7/1913 Eoximovich, Joe Sheet Mill
3/12/1913 Matt, John Open Hearth
8/1/1913 Szafranic, Lawrence Switchman - O.H.
10/4/1913 Matchetich, Cusma Electrician
11/11/1913 Parkovich, Nick Pipefitter
11/11/1913 Mangel, S.F. Oiler
11/11/1913 Ziolke, William Pipefitter
11/27/1913 Taggert, Don Motor Inspect - Coke Ovens
12/14/1913 Yanos, Pojka Cr. Hooker - O.H.
10/5/1914 Rucarian, Nick Blast Furnace
1/5/1915 Flonta, Georgiu Mechanical
5/20/1915 Sasak, Mike Open Hearth
6/24/1915 Tancabelic, Pete Mechanical
9/2/1915 Poppaginannes, John Blast Furnace
9/8/1915 O'Donnell, Thomas Mechanical
9/22/1915 Carnatz, John Mechanical
9/22/1915 Stepanich, Radi Mechanical
1/21/1916 Meneto, George I.H.B.R.R.
4/28/1916 Stolarski, Barney Open Hearth
9/15/1916 Haralovich, Nick Unknown
12/18/1916 Zula, John Plate Mill
12/30/1916 Glasac, Louis 2 Open Hearth
1/2/1917 Miller, Joe 2 Open Hearth
1/9/1917 Mihnik, Tom Mechanical
1/30/1917 Armstrong, August Open Hearth
2/12/1917 Kudinski, Branislaw 2 Open Hearth
2/15/1917 George, Gust Open Hearth
2/24/1917 Vungles, Nick Coke Plant
3/8/1917 Pope, John Sheet Bar Mill
3/13/1917 Knott, John Hooker - 32" Mill
3/29/1917 Montgomery, A.H. Motor Inspector
5/20/1917 Sparadon, George Labor Foreman
6/11/1917 Wojtowicz, Albert Blast Furnace
6/15/1917 Bardis, Gust Blast Furnace
7/7/1917 Busha, Mike Switchman
7/31/1917 Jellenovich, John Rigger
8/7/1917 Golembiewsky, Thomas 2 Open Hearth
8/7/1917 Trink, Flora 2 Open Hearth - Laborer
8/7/1917 Szilagyi, George 2 Open Hearth
8/7/1917 Dinea, Nihulae 2 Open Hearth
8/16/1917 Stachura, Joe Switchman
10/12/1917 Waldonado, Pedro Blast Furnace
10/26/1917 Warmus, Mike Conducter
11/10/1917 Danceau, Joseph Laborer - Bar Mil
12/14/1917 Loco, John Laborer - 2 O.H.
12/18/1917 Ordean, Leo Hooker - 40" Mill Billet Dock
12/28/1917 Cosma, John Hooker - Sheet Bar Mill
12/28/1917 Shivers, Harry Crane - By Prod. Bldg.
2/3/1918 Cergizan, Emil Switchman - Continuous Mill
2/20/1918 Oslawski, Joe Stretcherman - Continuous Mill
2/21/1918 Vrhavac, Luke Skuller - Blst. Fce.
3/27/1918 Ballarc, Nick 1 Open Hearth
4/16/1918 Bogi, Frank 40, 32, 28" Mills
4/27/1918 Vassel, Sam Laborer - 40, 32, 28" Mills
5/22/1918 German, John 1 Open Hearth
7/5/1918 Moldovan, Frank Craneman - 1 O.H.
7/17/1918 Andru, John Gas Washerman - 3 Blast Fce.
10/1/1918 Schultz, Theodore Shearman's Helper - 40" Mill
12/16/1918 Bonchea, Aurel Craneman - 1 O.H.
1/11/1919 Bero, Steve Laborer, O.H.
3/12/1919 Lovrich, Nick Hooker
4/20/1919 Paszkiewicz, Joe Electrician's Handyman - Blst. Fce.
4/23/1919 Yahimek, Frank 2 Open Hearth
7/27/1919 Auchue, William Hi-Line Foreman - Blst. Fce.
12/2/1919 Edo, Emil Ladleman - 2 O.H.
12/24/1919 Dolan, Barney Fireman on Locomotive
1/2/1920 Sellios, Peter Laborer - Blast Fce.
1/2/1920 Mlacak, George Boilerwasher - Blst. Fce.
1/2/1920 Mlacak, Mike Boilerwasher - Blst. Fce.
1/27/1920 Holler, Andrew 2nd Helper - O.H.
4/4/1920 Toncovitz, Mike Sailor - Bloom Mill
6/16/1920 Stoica, Luka Laborer
6/16/1920 Spichalski, Mike Test Carrier - 1 O.H.
9/24/1920 May, F.A. Fireman
11/17/1920 Walters, Gilbert Time Keeper - Blst. Fce.
1/27/1921 Kowalczyk, Nick Boilermaker Hlpr. Blst. Fce.
4/9/1921 Morrison, Howard Handyman - Blst. Fce.
8/1/1921 Stifuyias, George Dock Laborer
10/12/1921 Stewart, Grant Car Inspector
11/17/1921 Griffen, Willie Coal Conveyor Oper.
2/7/1922 Zunidh, George Painter
3/28/1922 Pokorne, Joe Keeper - Blst. Fce.
3/28/1922 Kozuch, Kaszmier Switchman - O.H.
7/7/1922 Streffes, John Painter
7/24/1922 Simon, George Helper - #2 Roll Shop
9/2/1922 Juarez, Manuel Gaugeman - 28" Warehouse
9/7/1922 Martinez, Jose Hooker - Plate Mill
12/14/1922 Cerna, Feliz Track Laborer
12/17/1922 Marsden, Wm. Machinist
2/1/1923 Williams, Dow Bulldozer Oper. - 28" Mill Whse.
2/19/1923 Sasu, John Laborer - #3 Blast. Fce.
2/20/1923 Chavez, Louis Laborer - 1 O.H.
3/21/1923 Murphy, Peter Heater - Plate Mill
3/31/1923 Weddle, James Oil Unloader
4/28/1923 Messer, Hobson Billet Dock Shipper - Sheet Bar Dept.
5/30/1923 Ceja, Jose Piler - #2 Whse.
6/10/1923 Drewjoski, Watzek 2nd Helper - 2 O.H.
7/10/1923 Nan, Jacob Laborer
7/16/1923 Bueschel, Charles Clerk - Rail Fin. Dept.
7/30/1923 Filiopolis, Sam Millwright Helper - 28" Mill
10/11/1923 Ralic, Mike Sailor Leader - 1 O.H.
10/29/1923 Siavelis, John Yard Labor Foreman
12/16/1923 Borkoman, John Switchman
1/1/1924 Angelo, Nick Transfer Car Operator - Blst Fce.
2/17/1924 Dowbush, Pit Boilermaker Hlpr. - 28" Mill Whse.
3/16/1924 Chavez, Ygnacio Luterman - Coke Plt.
4/16/1924 Pilja, Anton Rigger - Blst. Fce.
6/15/1924 Reeb, Blanchard Electrician - AC Station
6/15/1924 Ognjenovich, John Electricain - AC Station
6/15/1924 Falconer, Alexander Bricklayer - AC Station
11/29/1924 Zelnis, Joseph 2nd Helper - 2 O.H.
1/18/1925 Garcia, Balenta Shearman's Helper - 19" Mill
1/19/1925 Steffey, Claud Stocker - 2 O.H.
1/24/1924 Lupian, John Cinder Snapper - 40" Mill
1/29/1925 Gassner, John Switchman
3/3/1925 Arguijo, Rafeal Laborer - 1 O.H.
8/18/1925 Padilla, Jose Cokeman
8/24/1925 Brown, Harry Craneman - Finishing Dept.
2/2/1925 Muro, Agapetro Hi-Line Laborer
11/29/1925 Turchoski, George Switchman - 2 O.H.
12/6/1925 Stacey, Steve Operator - 40" Mill
12/29/1925 Puga, Jose Leveler - Galv. Dept.
1/24/1926 Barbolic, Frank Rigger - 40" Mill Soaking Pit
4/22/1926 Milanovich, John Laborer - Sheet Mill
4/23/1926 Lara, Refugio Yard Laborer
4/27/1926 Pavesic, Andro Electrical Lineman Rigger
6/3/1926 Reyes, Ramon Laborer - 2 O.H.
6/13/1926 Gousarek, John Stocker Gang Leader - 1 O.H.
6/10/1926 Anderson. Arthur Machinist Helper
7/23/1926 Lunas, Alberto Unknown
8/12/1926 Novak, John Electrician - Continuous Mill
8/28/1926 Marcovics, Steve Water Tender - Blst Fce.
12/21/1926 Banka, Stenn Pipefitter - Mechanical
2/7/1927 Gallo, George Greaser - 36" Bloomer
2/23/1927 Chavez, Raphael Dock Laborer - Coal Unloading
2/25/1927 Dubrovich, George Crane Machinist - 2 O.H.
7/13/1927 Boryczko, George Switchman
7/20/1927 Zdunich, Mike Extra Loco Craneman
9/24/1927 Salvador, Ruiz Hi-Line Laborer
11/9/1927 Crundwell, Frank 2nd Helper
11/22/1927 Johnson, Einer Millwright Foreman
6/24/1928 Sides, George Steel Recorder
8/7/1928 Bogich, Joe Carpenter
2/24/1929 Avarrez, Jose Hooker - 40" Mill
3/23/1929 Gray, John Switchman
5/31/1929 Glenos, Anton Painter
8/9/1929 Govorchin, John Rigger Pusher
11/7/1929 Ebeltoft, Eldie Repairman
11/22/1929 Tomoryo, Margareto Dock Laborer
3/30/1930 Pecini, Vasil Switchman - O.H.
5/9/1930 Freshley, Oscar Scrap Foreman
8/12/1930 Ceubas, Estanislaus Labor Pusher - 2 O.H.
9/1/1931 Bogdanich, Tony Crane Machinist - 36" Bloomer
10/8/1931 Harkins, J.C. Lineman
10/14/1931 Siems, Frank Pipefitter Foreman - 2 O.H.
7/18/1934 Crispi, Bruno Welder - Cold Strip
12/3/1934 Hunter, Walter Annealing Foreman - Cold Strip
11/12/1935 Robinson, Elisha Switchman 1 O.H.
1/11/1936 Piotrowski, Tom Millwright - 1 O.H.
2/24/1936 Guzman, Pedro Crane Hooker - Yards
3/21/1936 Vargas, Jose 2nd Helper - 2 O.H.
6/17/1936 Pilei, John Switchman - Transportation
10/11/1936 Nordquist, Carl 1st Class Lineman - Construction
11/18/1936 Rife, James Cold Strip Millwright - Misc. Dept.
1/4/1937 Wilson, James Switchman - Transportation
2/6/1937 Kapior, Joe Switchman - Transportation
2/21/1937 Chinn, John Fireman
3/10/1937 Martich, Petar Scrap Drop Hooker - 2 O.H.
7/1/1937 Ruth, Governor Hostler Helper - Mechanical
8/22/1937 Graham, Robert Pitman - 2 O.H.
9/14/1937 Karas, Christ Hooker - Hot Strip Mill
1/22/1938 Ellenberger, Frank Craneman - Construction
2/5/1938 Roper, James Straightener Operator - Plt. 2 Mills
2/19/1938 Dolata, Walter Scrubber Catcher - Cold Strip
5/6/1938 Shwedas, Louis Assistant Water Tender - Power
6/13/1938 Kulai, Nick Laborer - 44" Mill
12/3/1938 Mette, Gus Transportation
8/25/1939 Waltzer, Clarence Coke Plt.
9/29/1939 Langley, William Conductor - Transportation
12/18/1939 Flook, Curtin Motor Inspector - 2 O.H.
12/31/1939 Anstiss, William Motor Inspector - 10" Merchant Mills
1/8/1940 Tobin, Harry Swotchman - Transportation
1/23/1940 Markores, Jim 76" HSM
2/5/1940 Whiteman, Lee Bridge Operator
5/29/1940 Barcena, Estanislao Bar Mill
10/18/1940 Anderson, Lloyd Laborer - 2 O.H.
12/15/1940 Stando, Nicholas Oiler - 28" Mill
12/27/1940 Gargas, John Laborer
2/22/1941 Collins, Frank 2nd Operator - Plt. 2 Mills
11/14/1941 Kvrgich, Steve Ladle Dumper
11/17/1941 Fenes, Stephan 4th Class Mtce. Man - 1 O.H.
12/21/1942 Darvis, Nick Hooker - Yards #2
2/2/1943 McCausland, Samuel Field Engineer - Construction
2/7/1943 Schmidt, Charles Brick Mason - Mason Dept.
3/2/1943 Soto, Refugio Laborer - Blst. Fce.
3/30/1943 Price, James Switchman - Transportation
11/17/1943 Clark, David Motor Inspector - 14" Mill
5/4/1944 Thorley, James Craneman - 44" Slab Yard
5/27/1944 Conwell, Charles Switchman - Transportation
6/15/1944 Gavrilov, Jim Millwright - 40" Mill Dept.
9/23/1944 Short, Charles Labor Foreman
2/25/1945 Kovacik, Vincent Crane Machinist Hlper - 2 O.H.
3/7/1945 Bolanowski, Edward Shearman - 76" Mill
4/26/1945 Prymuski, Edward 1st Class Machinist
9/7/1945 Fearing, Roy Switchman
9/11/1945 Hadach, Joe Stocker Helper - 44" Mill
3/30/1946 Gelon, John Pipefitter Leader - 76" Mill Mech'l
3/30/1946 Morris Julian 2nd Helper - Blst. Fce.
5/24/1946 Smith, William Switchman - Transportation
7/12/1946 Upton, Wayne 2nd Helper 2 O.H.
8/30/1946 Ruiz, Enrique Millwright - 14" Mill
10/13/1946 Gandara, Manuel Stocker - 2 O.H.
1/7/1947 Hnatko, Pete Heater Helper - 14" Mill Rolling
7/4/1947 Blackman, Ward Laborer - 46" Bloomer
7/14/1947 Miller, Vernon Pipefitter - Mechanical
11/25/1947 Molenaar, John Inspector - Cold Strip Mill
11/28/1947 Rodriguez, Francisco Hooker - Yard Dept.
2/2/1948 Garza, Alfred Laborer - Yard Dept.
3/31/1948 Rubalcava, Santos Belt Tender - Coke Plt. 2
4/30/1948 Becker, Glen Welder Foreman - 1 O.H.
4/30/1948 Joseph, A.S. Bricklayer - Mason Dept.
4/30/1948 Martinez, Alphonso Laborer - 1 O.H.
5/8/1948 Rusu, Petru Crop Conveyor Helper - Plt. 2 Mills
6/8/1948 Guevara, Esiquio Pit Hooker - 2 O.H.
6/13/1948 Jakuboski, John Conductor - 2 O.H.
7/1/1948 Osenton, Horace Switchman - Transportation
7/30/1948 O'Neil, Joseph Switchman - Transportation
2/9/1949 Strachan, William Feeder - Cold Strip Mill
4/17/1949 Byich, John Rigger - Mechanical
8/17/1950 James, Willie Pusherside Doorman - Coke Plt.
11/23/1950 Sheppard, Floyd Switchman - Transportation
2/8/1951 Wright, Michael Pipefitter
2/8/1951 Bagely, Theodore General Mechanical Foreman
2/13/1951 Sanchez, Manuel Hooker
5/27/1951 Jones, Claude Coil Pickling Laborer
6/27/1951 Morales, Epifanio Stocker
6/30/1951 Danculovich, Eli Ladle Laborer
8/21/1951 Kochis, James Motor Inspector Helper
8/31/1951 Dewar, George Safety Inspector
8/31/1951 Astolas, Gaza Pipefitter
10/23/1951 Jimenes, Delfino Switchman
10/27/1951 Brewer, Sam Tie Bar Laborer
2/12/1952 Carson, William Bottommaker Helper
2/22/1952 Roberts, Richard Sticker - 54" Tandem Mill
8/3/1952 Bogdanich, Joseph Crane Machinist
9/7/1952 Cullum, James Dock Maintenance Helper
2/27/1953 Shearer, John #1 AC Station Generator Engineer
3/10/1953 Hademan, Michael Pipefitter
5/30/1953 Norris, Robert Millwright - 2 O.H.
11/17/1953 King, Jimmie Millwright - Plt. 2 Mills
12/28/1953 Denard, Jamie Lee Utility Man
1/28/1954 Dean, Forrest Catcher
10/12/1954 Edwards, Frank Pusher Doorman
1/25/1955 Gutzmann, Carl 28" Warehouse Head Loader - Plt. 2 Mills
1/26/1955 Hlinka, Martin Pipefitter Hlper. - Mech'l.
1/26/1955 Acosta, Luis Laborer - Yards
3/16/1955 Geib, Walter Switchman
1/8/1956 Bustamante, Pablo Third Helper
4/30/1956 Hayes, Jesse Switchman
5/20/1956 Gonzalez, Rafael Mold Cleaner - 2 O.H.
10/18/1956 Roll, J.L. Second Helper - 2 O.H.
12/19/1956 Wagner, John Ass't Turn Foreman - Galvanize
6/22/1957 Ojeda, Macario Shearman - Plate Mill
8/3/1957 Keyes, Felix Third Helper - 3 O.H.
10/17/1957 Laskarin, George 2 Ore Bridge Operator - Blast Furnace
9/1/1958 Rodriguez, Victor Payloader - Yard
11/21/1958 Wallace, Leslie Feeder Learner - Cold Strip
3/25/1959 Garza De La, Pablo Loader - Plt. 2 Mills
2/9/1960 Stubbs, Clifford Switchman - Transportation
4/17/1960 Herrera, Willie Ladle Helper - 2 O.H.
9/19/1960 Pavelka, Richard Laborer - Blast Furnace #2
9/22/1960 Ortiz, Clifford Laborer
10/6/1960 Aponte, Juan Laborer
7/15/1961 Kline, Lawrence Truck Driver - Stores Dept.
10/31/1961 Schroeder, Henry Ore Bridge Operator - 2 Blast Fce.
11/23/1961 Gonzalez, Lorenzo Hooker - 2 O.H.
1/3/1962 Stamper, Ova Crusherman
3/20/1962 Saari, John Blower Pump Engineer
3/20/1962 Barker, Wilson Blower Pump Oiler
6/7/1962 Sepiol, John Stocker Helper - 76" Slab Yard
5/21/1963 Carpenter, Roy Dock Cleaner
7/8/1963 Rodriguez, Mario Ingot Delivery Switchman - 2 O.H.
10/8/1963 Cline, Otha 1st Class Handyman - 3 O.H. - Mech'l.
10/5/1964 Varnado, John Laborer - Field Forces
7/17/1965 Brown, John Millwright - 44" Hot Strip Finishing End
9/29/1965 Ocskay, John 28" Mill - Plt. 2 Mills
2/3/1966 Gundy, Kenneth Supervising Engineer - Operations
2/3/1966 Kemper, David Laborer
1/17/1966 Williams, Lillie Laborer - 2 Blast Fce.
10/24/1966 Rivera, Santiago Stocker - Yard Dept.
2/23/1967 Pieramico, Nick Field Rigger Foreman - Mechanical
3/12/1967 Baskerville, Bill Labor Leader - Plt. 2 Mills
2/21/1968 Chapa, Modesto Coil Conditioner Operator
8/30/1968 Neri, Danny Hot Saw Scrapman - Plt. 2 Mills
8/8/1969 Clay, Marion Oiler - Plt. 3 Blast Furnace
5/31/1970 Ventrello, Harold Voc. Motor Inspector - 4 - 76" HSM.
1/7/1971 Venegas, Jesse Hot Metal Man Hlpr. - 4 BOF
2/16/1971 Thompson, Robert Cinder Snapper - 2 Blast Fce.
6/18/1971 McNichols, Artie Tractor Operator - 1 & 2 CS
11/26/1971 Villarreal, Pedro Stocker Hlpr. - Yard
1/7/1972 Seitler, Garhart Feeder - 76" HSM
2/25/1972 Hixon, Phillip Loco. Eng.
7/14/1972 Guerrero, Federico Coil Burner - 80" HSM
2/16/1973 Cox, Charles Blst. Fce.
3/9/1973 Rankine, Charles Sr. Mech'l. Foreman - 2 Coke Plt.
3/9/1973 Rytel, Stefan Mechanic - 2 Coke Plt.
7/21/1974 Williams, Arthur Scarfer Maint. Man, 3 Blmg
1/12/1975 Mitchell, Henry Hrly. Foreman - 2 Coke Plt.
1/27/1975 Gonzalez, Nicasio Bulldozer Oper. - Slag - Yard Dept.
3/4/1975 Hurtado, Jesus Blower Foreman - 2 Blst. Fce.
3/24/1975 Harris, Leroy Lonnie Crane Hooker - Yard
1/14/1976 Williams, Charles Mill Mech. - Plt. 2 Mills
2/20/1976 Turpin, James Car Repairman - Transportation
2/20/1976 Burgos, Santiago Car Repairman Helper - Transportation
2/20/1976 Soler, Esteban Locomotive Crane Hooker Trainee, Yard
12/7/1976 Holland, Michael VMIII Crane Repairman - 3 O.H.
3/14/1977 Scrutchfield, Charles Reprman. Bearing Back -Up - 44" HSM
3/11/1978 Mullins, Bynum Craneman - 3 O. H.
3/17/1978 Alvarez, Jose 2nd Hkpr. - Plt. 2 Blst. Fce.
3/17/1978 Gomez, Ralph Keeper - Plt. 2 Blst. Fce.
8/7/1978 McGuire, Carolyn Bulldozer Trainee - Yard Prod. Services
11/20/1978 Serna, Arthur Laborer, 76-44" Slab Yard
4/25/1979 Corona, Anthony Conductor - Transportation
7/20/1980 Leuca, George Turn Foreman Ovens - 2 Coke
9/15/1981 Perry, Hollis Feeder - 1/2 CS
3/27/1982 Koch, Gerald Mechanic - 3 CSM
7/16/1982 Perovich, John Standard Rigger - Field Forces
2/9/1983 Black, Alden Mtr. Insp. Std. - 24" Mill
3/18/1983 Boone, James Roll Mill Operator - 12" Mill
10/4/1983 Mares, Richard Mechanic - 2 BOF
11/10/1983 Shoesmith, James Rigger Standard - Field Forces
8/20/1984 Bernal, Joseph Conductor - 4 BOF
1/22/1985 Solis, Enedey Car Dumper Op. Hlpr - 2 Coke
2/8/1987 Howell, Charles Operator - Plt. 2 Shape Products Mills
3/27/1987 Slinn, Russell Blaster Learner - 4A Roll Shop
10/17/1988 Horvath, Dolores Material Transporter Learner - 4 Roll Shop
5/8/1992 Loera, Jacobo Tender Pump Op. - 2 Coke
5/8/1992 Newman, Larry General Laborer - 2 Coke
3/29/1993 Gzik, Harold Fabricator - IRMC
7/28/1993 Rodriquez, Joe Welder - 2A/21" Mtce.
12/29/1993 Johnson, Edward Craneman - 80 HSM
1/20/1994 Avery, Jesse Mechanic - 4 BOF
10/17/1995 Whiteside, Jeffrey Fabricator - Mtce. Op.
7/18/1997 Jones, C.J. EF/BC-Caster Operator
7/19/1997 Laczi, Keith EF/BC
3/16/2001 Brown, Norman Mechanic, MMO
3/16/2001 Robinson, Ronald Mechanic, MMO
6/4/2004 Parker, Anthony "Tony" Hot Metal Helper - 2 BOF
3/24/2008 Wingfield, Jim  Mechanic - 4 BOF
7/26/2009 Smith, Angela  Stocker Helper - 80 HSM 
10/20/2010 Jason Ham  Mechanic - 3 CSM 

Our best goes out to the families, friends and co-workers of the individuals listed here. Our goal is to never have another name added to this list.

The information on this page has been obtained from various locations. Attempts have been made to ensure accuracy. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.