Author Topic: WHY??  (Read 5335 times)

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
Re: WHY??
« Reply #60 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:31 AM »
LMAO...you can't share info on here with one person on the forum unless you use PM's.  Otherwise you are sharing your spot with 100's of people, most if not all of which you don't know.  Also, if they are asking for spots, they probably don't have any of their own, or they would not be asking.  Hard to 'share' equally when one side has nothing to share.  The only people whining and crying on here are those constantly thinking they are entitled to know the lake names and spots of where everyone fishes.  Get off your arses and do some leg work, research and scouting to find 'your' lake and hotspot!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
last count 243 guests, 274 users
that's 243 people NOT contributing anything to the site.  I wonder if they're looking for spots?  bet some of them are

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:31 AM »
i get my arse off and go walk to find the holes. and i do pm who i knw on here. but it seems to me everyone that has posted on here is being a big fat crybaby on here. and second of all, its just my opinion and no one needs to get there panties in a bunch.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
"Fish on for me, Fish off for u"

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:44 AM »
One word....READ!
Not this forum either. I'm talking about publications. All the information you need to develop a strategy is there. When you discover a lake that holds good populations of the fish you target, pattern it. When you find one with the population and the size work it over good. when you untap it....play it close to the vest.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:45 AM »
i understand were u r coming from wax worm and vermonerr. but there were a few replies on this topic that sounded a bunch of crybabies.

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:57 AM »
As I see it the biggest reason not to share info on this site is the slobs who will show up and throw their trash on the ice and in the parking area. This is the single biggest reason why icefishermen lose access. I'm not saying that you do this but anyone who icefishes knows that it does happen.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Mar 02, 2011, 10:14 AM »
i totally understand where ur coming from. and that is true. i always make sure that my mess is cleaned up

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #66 on: Mar 02, 2011, 12:47 PM »
One word....READ!
Not this forum either. I'm talking about publications. All the information you need to develop a strategy is there. When you discover a lake that holds good populations of the fish you target, pattern it. When you find one with the population and the size work it over good. when you untap it....play it close to the vest.

In hindsight, I won't be giving out specific spots and I'll be careful before I give out a lake name online.  I will also be more careful who I give any info to personally.  However I came to know about any of my spots, whether on my own or through other fisherman, is my business and I will choose who I tell or don't tell.  Don't misunderstand me.  I still enjoy giving other types of info for everyone to see but the more specific info is best for PM's.  As friendships evolve and trust is developed, information passes back and forth freely.  Just because this is a public forum doesn't mean I have to give information.

I agree with Jigmup about reading and learning.  Spend some time reading online publications, magazines, fishing forums etc. and gain some knowledge about the fish you are after.  Go fish for that particular fish based on what you've learned.  Soon you'll be able to look at any lake map and pick out the high percentage spots where the fish could be located.  If you find them....then you have to catch them!
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline wjr1244

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Mar 02, 2011, 01:23 PM »
I know that I am not an expert icefisherman talking here so I won't insult anyones intelligence.  I exclusively was fishing private areas until I discovered this site.  I don't need honeyholes or hotspots to fulfill my fishing desires. But, I did reach out to some fellow fisherman by participating in a Tuesday night league that helped me branch out to new lakes and new techniques.  It was their willingness to let me join their group that has bolstered my love for icefishing.  Threads like this are not helpful when they are taken and misconstrued by individuals who have a bad taste in their mouth.  My suggestion to new comers is to show proper respect to those who have put in their time and effort.  On the other hand, I had some valuable tips on techniques and equipment afforded to me by those in the know, who were more than willing to share.  Thankyou to those who were willing to put up with me, I hope that I can do the same for a new comer when I'm the knowledgeable one on the ice.

Offline wallydan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Mar 02, 2011, 01:29 PM »
give a man a fish and he will eat for aday teach aman to fish and he will borrow your poles  steal your spots and drink your  beer so you decide

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Mar 02, 2011, 01:31 PM »
give a man a fish and he will eat for aday teach aman to fish and he will borrow your poles  steal your spots and drink your  beer so you decide
LOL
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #70 on: Mar 02, 2011, 01:34 PM »
I know that I am not an expert icefisherman talking here so I won't insult anyones intelligence.  I exclusively was fishing private areas until I discovered this site.  I don't need honeyholes or hotspots to fulfill my fishing desires. But, I did reach out to some fellow fisherman by participating in a Tuesday night league that helped me branch out to new lakes and new techniques.  It was their willingness to let me join their group that has bolstered my love for icefishing.  Threads like this are not helpful when they are taken and misconstrued by individuals who have a bad taste in their mouth.  My suggestion to new comers is to show proper respect to those who have put in their time and effort.  On the other hand, I had some valuable tips on techniques and equipment afforded to me by those in the know, who were more than willing to share.  Thankyou to those who were willing to put up with me, I hope that I can do the same for a new comer when I'm the knowledgeable one on the ice.
good post very true!
I am more than willing to help thoose tha ask, heck even if I see some one on the ice that could use some. I have gotten a LOT of help from fellow I.S. members on the ice and through PM's.
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline stanton21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Mar 02, 2011, 03:23 PM »
This is FUNNY...I must read on.Keep it going.Dont stop.Please Dont Stop..
I'm standing right next to you and you don't even know it.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #72 on: Mar 02, 2011, 05:46 PM »
In hindsight, I won't be giving out specific spots and I'll be careful before I give out a lake name online.  I will also be more careful who I give any info to personally.  However I came to know about any of my spots, whether on my own or through other fisherman, is my business and I will choose who I tell or don't tell.  Don't misunderstand me.  I still enjoy giving other types of info for everyone to see but the more specific info is best for PM's.  As friendships evolve and trust is developed, information passes back and forth freely.  Just because this is a public forum doesn't mean I have to give information.

I agree with Jigmup about reading and learning.  Spend some time reading online publications, magazines, fishing forums etc. and gain some knowledge about the fish you are after.  Go fish for that particular fish based on what you've learned.  Soon you'll be able to look at any lake map and pick out the high percentage spots where the fish could be located.  If you find them....then you have to catch them!

Well said "Old Man" and agree with everything that you typed!..I would like to say that the relationship thing absolutely hit the nail on the head.  We travel in circles and that includes our friends, family, co-workers, and yes even ice fishin' buddies.  If I dont know you personally, then why would I tell you all that I know?  Unless I know ya, trust ya, and have confidence in ya?

Been doing this thing alot of years, and the friendships that I have built up are priceless to me.  Every year this topic comes up numerous times.  It does get quite passe(excuse my french).  My advice to those of you that that think some of us are tight-lipped, is to go the extra-mile.  Dont think everything is just gonna be given to ya on a silver platter.  Do your homework.........and make friends.  After all, a man's wealth is never judged by the money that he has,  it is by the amount of friends that he has got. 

Just pick a lake out sometime, ya never know what fellow member might be out there! ;)

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:41 PM »
ok ,i turned a guy on to a spot on wawa one time, not a secret spot, but one that many  others fish ,he was there and so were the nice gills ,i said hey how ya doin ? he said lousy there here but not biting ,he had bought 6 of my flys the week before ,as he sat i asked him let me see your rod , he said ok ,and handed it to me a couple of quick twiches of the wrist and bam fish on and handed him the rod back,with the fish on ,he got up gatherd his stuff and walked of the ice ,was it something  i said ? i said .just because we tell them were doesn't mean they know how, i never seen him there again

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #74 on: Mar 03, 2011, 10:03 PM »
ok ,i turned a guy on to a spot on wawa one time, not a secret spot, but one that many  others fish ,he was there and so were the nice gills ,i said hey how ya doin ? he said lousy there here but not biting ,he had bought 6 of my flys the week before ,as he sat i asked him let me see your rod , he said ok ,and handed it to me a couple of quick twiches of the wrist and bam fish on and handed him the rod back,with the fish on ,he got up gatherd his stuff and walked of the ice ,was it something  i said ? i said .just because we tell them were doesn't mean they know how, i never seen him there again

:roflmao:  :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.