Author Topic: WHY??  (Read 5333 times)

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re: WHY??
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2011, 04:11 PM »
I drill all my own holes!  I find my own fish!  I fish my own way!  Its what I do.  If you want to tag along cool!  I like company.
  I am going ice fishing now.  PM me if you want lets go fishing!!
  Da-Roc

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2011, 04:28 PM »
I drill all my own holes!  I find my own fish!  I fish my own way!  Its what I do.  If you want to tag along cool!  I like company.
  I am going ice fishing now.  PM me if you want lets go fishing!!
  Da-Roc

Come pick me up.  Diesel hit 3.79.   ;) 

In return, ill tell you everything i know about that guys holes and where he fishes.  (actually i wouldnt, but it sounded good)
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

Offline denhar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2011, 04:32 PM »
I live on Flint Lake in porter county. If im catching fish i put in on the sight. I love to see others catching fish. I fish for fun not to fill my freazer with fish The more the merrier. The slough is a great example of that. Fish hogs have a great time by your self. and if its so important to you Keep off the sight with your pictures of pilies of nice fish. no like a braggert.

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2011, 07:15 PM »
not that anyone cares I LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE SMILE AND HAVE A GREAT TIME, if  i can do that i dont care if i do not catch a thing  its the natural guide in me .....hows that for food for thought.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2011, 07:27 PM »
I hear you I am the same why. It is a good feeling when you could put a smile on someones face who doesn't have much success when it comes to catching. It is a shame there are those that feel that they need to catch ALL the fish themselves.

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2011, 07:33 PM »
dont get me wrong every one should catch fish its just more  funner ,is that a word? funner?

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 25, 2011, 07:38 PM »
EVERYONE SHOULD GET A CHANCE TO PLAY.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #37 on: Feb 25, 2011, 07:49 PM »
When this up. :o   I knew it would be like a snow ball rolling down hill.Getting bigger ,the more it rolls. :flex:   :roflmao: :woot: :blink: :-*   and this is just my opinion.
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 25, 2011, 08:35 PM »
you are rite if you have the nards to walk on hard water you should be rewarded for some walking on a frozen lake scares the  out of them ,plus what else are we gona do in the winter

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #39 on: Feb 25, 2011, 08:46 PM »
I have a stressful job.  I am also starting my own business.  I have a wife and 21 month old at home.  I also manage an income property for my widowed mother.  Suffice it to say, I am really really busy.  When I do get out, I want to be the EFF! alone.  Not divulging my spots is one way to ensure that.  I think it is great that there is a whole 'there's enough fish for everyone' crowd.  I think it's great that there is a 'it's a social thing' crowd, but stop bagging on the other types of fisherman because they don't conform to your singular ideal.  <---THIS.  IS.  THE.  BASIS.  OF.  INTOLERANCE.  It is just simply masked in an all inclusive, positive, upbeat message which passively permits Philistinic behavior and judgement.  Maybe anyone who has downed the closed lipped set has no idea why someone is close lipped.  Did you know why I am close lipped before reading this?  NO, you did not.  Is it a valid reason(s)?  ABSOLUTELY.  Do I have to ever explain myself to anyone here on IS?  A RESOUNDING NO.  I did so to illustrate the premature opinion formation which shows one group in a bad light.  I have opinons of the other crowds i've outlined and you don't know them because I keep them to myself. I suggest reciprocity. 

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline angolajones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 25, 2011, 08:49 PM »
Really?  You want everyone to tell where the hot bite is?  And then what?

Jonesy

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #41 on: Feb 25, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Right now, there are 289 guests on this site.  Are they sharing info?  I think not.  Probably not all trying to gank info, but I'll guarantee some of 'em are.

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 25, 2011, 09:05 PM »
VERM PUTS OUT A GOOD THOUGHT HE LIKES TO BE ALONE and he has,,,his lagit reasons thats great .can we respect that ? yes, why be cause we need to give space to those who prefer it .its only right .whether we like it or not good luck in your new venture ,you have a lot on your mind .it needs to be clear !

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 26, 2011, 01:48 AM »
Well now that i can see that was the wrong question.But in stead of twisting things around like asking for HONEY HOLES?Who asked for that?Or maybe someone can let me know when i said anything about being entitled to such information?I know i am not entitled to anything.I just wondered why not the name of the lake/river.Somewhere different to go,different people to talk to.THATS IT.

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 26, 2011, 02:39 AM »
what a crazy topic.
"Fish on for me, Fish off for u"

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 26, 2011, 06:04 AM »
who agrees just getting out to fish IS whats the most important thing ,is it not !

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 26, 2011, 08:26 AM »
who agrees just getting out to fish IS whats the most important thing ,is it not !

x2

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Feb 26, 2011, 09:28 AM »
I live on Flint Lake in porter county. If im catching fish i put in on the sight. I love to see others catching fish. I fish for fun not to fill my freazer with fish The more the merrier. The slough is a great example of that. Fish hogs have a great time by your self. and if its so important to you Keep off the sight with your pictures of pilies of nice fish. no like a braggert.
How big is your driveway? Last time I checked, no public parking at Flint, or limited parking with a chance of flat tires from disgruntal home owners. So you can keep reporting because I doubt your lake will be affected, thanks for the reports though

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #48 on: Feb 26, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Ok here is one for yas.  Long lake Valparaiso 12-13 fow just 100' off the public rampand 25' to ther right, using a #22 marmooshaka green&white  .  with a glow tippied head for crappie you need sonar and a spring bobber. I tip the Marmosshka with  a single natural spike.   Plus another rod with a big spoon.  You bang the bottom three times the lift the spoon out and drop the little rig in crappie come into the sonar like a pack of hungry dogs.  In another hole just a few feet away you need to rig a rod up with a dead stick minnow 4 feet off the bottom.  There now go have fun and catch fish.  You still have to catch them.  The evening bite is better than the day bite but they are both there most of the time.  There is 8 to 10 inches of ice all over near the ramp.  The lot is lightly snow covered but not bad.  Any more info you guys need Ill be in the blue clam with an auger sitting out side come on over and introduce yourself I would like to meet any of you really!  Its all about fun.  Most people quit because they get frustrated ice fishing is a thing where you need someone to take you to help you until you get the knack of it.  Even then paticence is required.  I get skunked  sometimes(Usually during a tournament LOL) but hey its all in fun.  Ill be there today!  Maybe go to pine tomorrow?? Dunno
  Da-Roc

Offline teardrop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 26, 2011, 10:00 AM »
No honey holes wanted. Just access to fishable ice on wawa without getting truck towed. Boat ramp doesn't count. pm's welcome. Sounds Kinda like one of those single sites post.

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 26, 2011, 10:01 AM »
Hey Da-Roc I am planning on going to pine in the morning as well. Hopefully we can meet up? Only reason I won't be there is if my wife gives birth to my son who is due any day now. Let me know.

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #51 on: Feb 26, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Hey fishstalker- I like that name - now go find em

Offline rjflynn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 26, 2011, 12:30 PM »
Here is an idea get a map book and go find your own lakes. I do that alot and get skunked some days and others i tear them up. Very few lakes i fish i have been given info to. I have been burned numerous times by giving out just a lake name and next day 60 peeps parking and throwing trash all over gettin my parking access taking away.

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 26, 2011, 01:21 PM »
Hey fishstalker- I like that name - now go find em

Kinda like it myself.LOLThanks

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 26, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Here is an idea get a map book and go find your own lakes. I do that alot and get skunked some days and others i tear them up. Very few lakes i fish i have been given info to. I have been burned numerous times by giving out just a lake name and next day 60 peeps parking and throwing trash all over gettin my parking access taking away.

Thanks for the info.Heading out now.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 26, 2011, 08:49 PM »

thats what I did....

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Mar 02, 2011, 12:02 AM »
cant we all just get along here. its nice too share info. lake for lake. hot spot for hot spot. there is no reason to cry and wine, and no one needs to be an arrogent person on here. we r all here need to get along and not whine and cry like little girls. i dnt mind exchanging info. when someone ask for info, u should share it. then ask them to share there info with u. we r all fisherman here. and fisherman r not crybabies, nor r they whiners. so get along or dont post anything.
"Fish on for me, Fish off for u"

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:55 AM »
My honey hole for ice fishing is on private property, it would do you no good to know where.  This info would be useless publicly and only lead to trespass arrests, but when the ice is on im happy to take anyone.   

My river honey hole for walleye is the size of a Ford Econoline van.  If any of you cup of suger mothers think im coming off it for some duddly do right bs ideal.... you're daft.

Im thinking its easier to be magnanimous when your map doesnt look like the Sahara within a 1 hour drive.   ::)

See?  It was easier to just not say.   :-\

( cant we all just get along  OP's name?  perch King Umm... lol)

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #58 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:48 AM »
cant we all just get along here. its nice too share info. lake for lake. hot spot for hot spot. there is no reason to cry and wine, and no one needs to be an arrogent person on here. we r all here need to get along and not whine and cry like little girls. i dnt mind exchanging info. when someone ask for info, u should share it. then ask them to share there info with u. we r all fisherman here. and fisherman r not crybabies, nor r they whiners. so get along or dont post anything.

LMAO...you can't share info on here with one person on the forum unless you use PM's.  Otherwise you are sharing your spot with 100's of people, most if not all of which you don't know.  Also, if they are asking for spots, they probably don't have any of their own, or they would not be asking.  Hard to 'share' equally when one side has nothing to share.  The only people whining and crying on here are those constantly thinking they are entitled to know the lake names and spots of where everyone fishes.  Get off your arses and do some leg work, research and scouting to find 'your' lake and hotspot!

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:03 AM »
WELL said Wax Worm......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.