Author Topic: Ice Fishing League Night  (Read 5984 times)

Offline Hoosier Ice Pirate

Re: Ice Fishing League Night
« Reply #60 on: Dec 02, 2010, 12:32 PM »
I'm in. I'm used to giving away money at poker nights. It'll keep me from fishing solo so much. :tipup:

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:25 PM »
I think I'd like to name our region, "Men's Bible Study..." That way when I tell my wife where I'm going I'll get her full support!

Offline mschma000

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 02, 2010, 08:18 PM »
I think I'd like to name our region, "Men's Bible Study..." That way when I tell my wife where I'm going I'll get her full support!

I will second that... I had was thinkin that potato creek might be a good place to have this?  By the way...this is your local CABLE GUY!!!

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #63 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:53 AM »
kcskypilot, lol!! I could make that happen!! LOL!!

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #64 on: Dec 03, 2010, 07:33 AM »

I will second that... I had was thinkin that potato creek might be a good place to have this?  By the way...this is your local CABLE GUY!!!

Potato creek would be good except that they charge $5 already so there would go our door prize fund.

What else would be good and close?

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 03, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Hudson Lake and Hog Lake might be a couple options. Anybody fish them much?

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #66 on: Dec 03, 2010, 09:20 PM »
I will not be able to attend the Meeting on the 8th, that was posted on the other thread for the league night.  I have to work so keep me posted on what night and where.  I fish "Fish lake" its closer than Potato Creek by 10-15 minutes.  I also would not mind the Valpo chain somewhere.  :tipup:

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 04, 2010, 07:40 AM »
Fish lake could be a good option, thanks!  I think it would be fun to fish a variety of lakes.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Ok, just had a great phone conversation with Super Yooper about this weekly league. This is going to happen and be a blast. We are going to meet this Wed at 6pm at the "Friends of Fishing" meeting to talk about the rules. Anyone who is interested in encouraged to come and give your input. This meeting is at the Valpo Parks Dept office

http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid=10895367578488769858&q=Valpo+parks+dept+office&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Valpo+parks+dept+office&hnear=La+Porte,+IN

We are also planning to have a meeting at Bass Pro on Saturday(time will be determined on Wed night) and I'll post it here for anyone else to give some input on the rules. They are having a lot of ice fishing equipment promos that day, so we thought guys might want to come and take a look and then have a meeting to refine the rules.

Super Yooper's got some great ideas on how to make this happen be a lot of fun.

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #69 on: Dec 06, 2010, 08:57 PM »
mschma000 and I have talked about co-chairing a group for South Bend, Mishawaka, Goshen, Osceola and Mishawaka area league players. If you are interested in this group, we've set up an e-mail account at [email protected]. If you are intersted in joining the league in these areas, please send an e-mail to that address.

We would also like to hear what would be a good meeting place and time to establish the rules, league night and locations to have the events.

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Dec 07, 2010, 06:20 PM »
great news, looks like we might have two areas going.

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
« Reply #71 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:29 PM »
mschma000 and I have talked about co-chairing a group for South Bend, Mishawaka, Goshen, Osceola and Mishawaka area league players. If you are interested in this group, we've set up an e-mail account at [email protected]. If you are intersted in joining the league in these areas, please send an e-mail to that address.

We would also like to hear what would be a good meeting place and time to establish the rules, league night and locations to have the events.

Great. Worst case scenario, if both groups are a little low we could merge them in LaPorte. Have you guys reveived responses?

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #72 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:01 PM »
Great. Worst case scenario, if both groups are a little low we could merge them in LaPorte. Have you guys reveived responses?

Not yet. Maybe you can help us with a question. How far do you think people would drive for a league night?

Alsi thinking we'll need to start a new topic since the info is burried so deep in this one.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #73 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Not yet. Maybe you can help us with a question. How far do you think people would drive for a league night?

Alsi thinking we'll need to start a new topic since the info is burried so deep in this one.

I think part of the issue with interest is the fact you will mainly be fishing after dark with the hours you are suggesting.  Some lakes have a decent after dark gill bite, but alot of lakes they completely shut down at dark.  Wandering around in the dark looking for crappie after the gills shut off is not much fun unless you know where they are on a consistent basis.  You might have better luck having the events on a Saturday morning.  Just a thought...

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #74 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:16 PM »
I think part of the issue with interest is the fact you will mainly be fishing after dark with the hours you are suggesting.  Some lakes have a decent after dark gill bite, but alot of lakes they completely shut down at dark.  Wandering around in the dark looking for crappie after the gills shut off is not much fun unless you know where they are on a consistent basis.  You might have better luck having the events on a Saturday morning.  Just a thought...

That might be a pretty good idea Wax. Thanks for the suggestion. A saturday league would allow for more travel if needed to get to the right place. It might also reduce the need for more than one group.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:36 PM »
I might travel for a Sat. AM league. 

-Jeff

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:17 PM »
The challenge with Sat league is that we have events planned for almost every Saturday from early Jan through mid Feb that I know of.  Last year I found a great evening bite from about 5-7pm on Flint in Valpo. But I agree you got to know where to set up and jig for them. Can't wait for my vex to fill up with crappie again!! LOL!! Once we have our meeting tomorrow night we'll start a new thread with the details from it. thanks guys for all the interest. Bring on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.