Author Topic: What is too close?  (Read 5325 times)

Offline j.mongo

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What is too close?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 25, 2010, 05:34 PM »
These are the same people that would put a tree stand next to yours.Or the ones who would hunt out of your stand.They are inconsiderate and i myself wouldn`t call them sportsman.Defend it all you want but,i don`t think it is right. No matter what you have strapped to your belt!

Offline webster-ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:21 PM »
not trying to be a jerk, but, you don't "own" a hole if you drill it.......let him get setup then drill one even closer and put a tip-up in! :tipup: 

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:32 PM »
not trying to be a jerk, but, you don't "own" a hole if you drill it.......let him get setup then drill one even closer and put a tip-up in! :tipup: 
why would anyone want to get close to someone fishing? Am I missing something here? I can understand a tournament or special event where its more of a bs session. Otherwise, why do people want to be close to other people if they have no clue who they are? People are funny nowadays, never know what theyre capable of. Why would you go to a say 50 acre lake and fish by 1 of 10 guys out there? Why not just go to a different spot on the lake? I dont get it. Its like some people want or need to be slapped up side the head.

Offline j.mongo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 26, 2010, 03:31 AM »
amen brother! (h2.0shaver).Back when an attitude adjustment wasn`t that rare people were more respectful...I don`t know the whole story or condone knocking out a guy infront of his kids. but, i bet the guy and kids don`t crowd anybody else.I didn`t ask the question to argue but, to maybe help people who think this is excepted behavior avoid such an outcome.I put a lot of time, effort, and money into my fishing to have it ruined by someone who seems to do what they want not what is right.

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:56 AM »
I'd have to say that 2 lines down the same 8" hole is 1 to many.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:38 AM »
The bottomline is that its called "Courtesy on the ice" They might come in on me one time,but if I pack up and move,I got a dollar that says they dont follow me to the second spot ::)Give a fishermen his room...............

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:10 PM »
If the guy had hit his head hard enough on the ice to cause a brain hemmorage and died. Then would you think he deserved it? WHen the fatherless kids ask why you killed my daddy for ice fishing, would you think he deserved it?  When someone needs his arse kick and deserves it, like beating up a wife, girlfriend, child, or shooting my dog, then I have no problem with it. But to sucker punch someone just for drilling a hole close to yours is stupid, childish, and dumb.

Yes you are right when you said tha If someone is already fishing a spot that you normally fish, then they beat you out plain and simple. . But what some think is close enough is to close for others. Some may think 20ft is close enough, while others man think 50ft is to close. So if you are going to drill real close to someone, its best to ask first. To me in a heavy heavy fished area where there is a ton of old holes, 15-20ft is ok. In an area where there are not many old holes then that is to close. Drilling a hole 5 ft away in any area is way to close, but suckerpunching someone for it is way out of line.

I would call it "ICE RAGE", what that guy did when he suckerpunched the other one. Just like ROAD RAGE and just as stupid and dumb....  

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Easy killer, your takin it too far. People should respect eachother out there is all. You acting like somebodys gonna die. They was talkin about a slap up side the head, like figuratively

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 26, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Seems like its not OK for this guy to drill to close to you-by violating your space but they think its OK to violate his-thats why people carry now days.
Tom

Offline moonbeam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:33 PM »
Not sure whats BS or reality here sometimes, but you're talking ass whoopings in front of children and "packing" on the ice? For a handfull of fish or a hole ? C'mon folks if you're that hungry give me a PM and I'll feed ya. Leave the attitudes and heat at the door tho!!
WAIVER....."NO ANIMALS WERE ABUSED OR INJURED MAKING THIS MESSAGE."

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:56 PM »
This post only goes to show that "to close" is one's perception, so I am sure there are times people have no intention of getting "to close".  Some think 6 feet away is not an issue, others think within the same bay is to close.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:42 PM »
well here is how i look at it. if your fishin and a guy walks up family freinds or solo ask the guy that is x feet away, hey partner mind if i set down here? or ya want me to squeeze out a bit? more times than not, that right there will get the respect on both parties and neighther will mind. now an easy response is sure go ahead if ya mind thought stay a bit quiet i have some fish on the vex here. sometime s they will wait till you pop that fish to drill their hole. now if your on a known spot and you know its gonna happen no matter what drill two more holes a few feet away and when they ask say hey boss actually i have a few holes punched right there take those! next thing ya know your fishin buddies hittin spots together from time to time. now i do have an example of too close, i was fishin one day and this guy pulls up next to me about 10-15 feet away no big deal he had his kid and his wife with him, i didnt mind get them on some fish ya know, but when i walk away and come back and am able to poke my finger through your shanty to say hi, well yeah thats too close, just pack up and push out a touch or make a little foot sompin to scatter the fish out. your being respectfull but getting the point across. come back another day to get em. everybody is getting on that spot for a reason!
Got one goin'!

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Not sure whats BS or reality here sometimes, but you're talking ass whoopings in front of children and "packing" on the ice? For a handfull of fish or a hole ? C'mon folks if you're that hungry give me a PM and I'll feed ya. Leave the attitudes and heat at the door tho!!
Im glad you guys keep bringing up the kid issue. Does having a kid with you give you the right to go outside the personal respect zone. Also by having a kid with YOU  then your prime responsibility should be to those kids not some darn fish.  This guy wanted to fish "his spot" from yesturday because he was catching them.So whose the idiot ? Who had it coming to them? Who put their own kids in harms way AND couldnt back it up?  Think about it, the guy should have just went to another location. Thankfully he just got punched. None of his kids were hurt. If they were, it would be soley HIS fault for putting them in that envirorment. And what happened to teaching your kids some respect too?

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 27, 2010, 07:14 AM »
If you want to tell them off thats one thing but to hit some one or try to your way off limits, and when you strike someone you will these days get back what you deserve-one way or another-you or anyone else has that right. I seen a few people that took that chance get a good whoopin by the crowd- which they deserved. You don't ever have the right to touch any one else.
And just saying thats why I know more people than ever that carry. Speak your mind to some one but don't violate there space-thats the law. Like it or not its right .
Tom

Offline j.mongo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 27, 2010, 07:43 AM »
So what i have been reading here is.You don`t have the right to do anything.Even if you are getting screwed out of a spot by someone who shows up late,has a gun,or kids with them.That ain`t right....and yes it makes me mad.i am not violent by nature, nor do i want to hurt anyone.But, i will not be walked on by anyone.And having a gun does not mean you can push others around..

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Jan 27, 2010, 07:53 AM »
Yes I think you read it right. If they have kids with them then they have a free ride ticket to drill you out of a spot. No mention of respect. And if you do smack em, their gonna shoot you because they are insecure people who need a gun to defend theirselves, I dont need a gun. Nevermind the fact that this guy that got smacked, went right up to provoke the other guy. He gave him the warning when he said NO your not fishing here. So ya the guy had it coming. Hopefully his kids will learn what not to do. Thats whats wrong with this world today. No hitting me, but if you do, I will either sue or shoot you.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 27, 2010, 08:23 AM »
Guys your reading me all wrong-lol I'm just saying that it aint your lake, your hole. Not saying that you can't tell them off.
Just saying if you violate someones personal space then they can violate yours. Not saying that guy was right, don't carry but I know lots who do. It you don't want some one next to you buy your own pond-put up your no tresspassing signs and be done with it.
Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.