Author Topic: how long has everybody been Ice Fishing?  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: how long has everybody been Ice Fishing?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Only ~5 years
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #61 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:19 PM »
i am amassed to see how many age groups are on this tread. i am not an expert but i will say that expieranece and time out on the ice pays a big part. over the last 30 years plus i have learned alot and changed with the times including modern technoligy. i would say in the last ten years i have caught more fish thru the ice then most average people have caught in there life. i must be nuts because my passion for ice fishing and this sight makes me look foward to the clod season more then ever. yes i would say its in the blood. long live the ice fishing style boys!!
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline raptor777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:24 PM »
Im 24 yrs old and have been ice fishing here and there since i was just a kid.  Ive been really into it for 3 years.

Offline waterfowler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:19 PM »
I really thought that there were more young guys on here than older guys but it looks like i was wrong.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:43 PM »
   Wow ,I had to do the math ,    34 years.   I started when I was 12 years old.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:12 AM »
Started back in the 60's with Gramps.....We had a wood shanty, spud bar, and no electronics.....The beemoth came in little cakes you peeled open individual cavities in the cake to get each beemoth.

Some of the best times of my life fishin with Gramps......We would go to Goose pond(Manitou), in the mourning. Then around noon head up to the bar(which unfortuneatly is gone now) and get a hot meal.....Then we would leave towards evening and stop at FLetchers lake for crappies.....I remember allot of people fished way after dark back then, not like nowdays when most quit at dark.....When the bite was slow someone would get up and make a big circle, stomping the feet as they would circle.....And 9-10 times someone would get a bite....

Anyway, I been at it for 40+ yrs....Back then the winters started earlier, not like nowdays...

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #66 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:31 AM »
1 hour 26 minutes and 4 seconds.... :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.