Author Topic: Hunting blind for shanty?  (Read 1066 times)

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hunting blind for shanty?
« on: Oct 17, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Any body use a hunting blind as a shanty? Just got a bass pro magazine and there's a pop up hunting blind in it for 89 bucks. Seems like the blinds are quite a bit cheaper than a pop up made for ice fishing. What do u guys think??
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
Re: Hunting blind for shanty?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Yep I did for 2 seasons.. it works!

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Lots if good advice there. Thanks man. I looked at cabelas last night and saw a 6x8 hub made by cabelas(Sam as clam I guess) for 160-70 somewhere around there. Looking into the blinds more they seem to be a good deal smaller than the ice shanties. The bugger blinds cost about as much as a pop up shanty. I'm about to go check eBay now. Thanks again.
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline rks-icer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2011, 08:51 AM »
I used a hunting blind for a year as an ice shack. Worked okay but in my opinion they are too small. I would usally sit in the blind and fish out the door. There are some pretty inexpensive ice shacks available these days.

rickl1968

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Mine was great for the first year too!
I picked up an Eastman Outfitter the next year.  ;D and then a frabill flip over the next, and then built a permy the next and then built a generator/outhouse the next...... ;D

Offline jackinthebobhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2011, 10:38 AM »
I actually have the DX3000 ice shack in camo that I double as a hunting blind!

Jack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.