Author Topic: Clam 2000 mods I'm working on.  (Read 14890 times)

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
Re: Clam 2000 mods I'm working on.
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2011, 12:23 AM »
  my 2000 hauller

steelloard on the floor idea is awesome,I got to do that when I get a minute. Wondering if just before you attach the floor you spray some great stuff foam for windows & doors(wont expand as much) in each rib.Then drop the floor in place. Would that insulate it from the ice any?

Offline panfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2011, 05:35 AM »
That's a thought, but the plastic rivets also hold the floor down. I'm gonna leave as is this season and in the summer find some low profile round head bolts to replace them with.

SteelLord, Nice Mod. How's the quality of the clam? Is it holding up for you? Also you might look into using sex bolts to correct your fastener problem. I know it sounds funny but their a two piece fastener, one male and one female. Just search them on the internet and you'll see what I mean.

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2011, 12:08 AM »
I'm extremely careful with mine and bring it in every night......that said.  (8 trips in it?)

I see areas where the seems areant double sewn because the stitches wandered off.  Loose strings EVERYWHERE.  Tiny headed screws trying to hold ring that keeps material on a BAd idea.  Pulls like school bus with the e-brake on.   One tent pole has splintered section already, and the other has lost most of its elasticity.  Must have had a hot ride from china in the container because zippers don't want to go past areas where they were folded, only compounded when cold.  Its just junk, plain and simple.  All of it.

The worst 230 dollars i ever spent.  Seriously.

Only mod i have planned involves gasoline and an ignition source tossed in from a fair distance......unless of course i find the receipt.  (UGH!!  Cant believe i lost the receipt)
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

Offline Steellord2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2011, 04:58 PM »
SteelLord, Nice Mod. How's the quality of the clam? Is it holding up for you? Also you might look into using sex bolts to correct your fastener problem. I know it sounds funny but their a two piece fastener, one male and one female. Just search them on the internet and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for the compliments guys, The Clam is holding up very well. I know the type of fastener your talking about. That could work  for me I look into them, thanks.

>$ignmoney: I like the hauler you built, I am more than likely going to redo my sled more along the lines of yours. As far as the foam thing. I didn't do it this season but next season I'm going to insulate the floor somehow. My first thought was to use some 3/4" foam board insulation cut into strips that fit in the grooves.
Steellord
Maille Artisan
ICQ# 24735418
~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo.
Use in that order!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.