Author Topic: easy access and good fishing  (Read 851 times)

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
easy access and good fishing
« on: Jan 16, 2019, 03:23 PM »
hi to the group I want to take my grandson out fishing this weekend where do you suggest I comfortable at Rockport but willing to go most places... maybe Mantua, not sure suggestions I just want fish don't care if they are slime rockets , perch .. just biting the hook... thanks  Sundance kid  and posse..
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: easy access and good fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:17 PM »
I would say your right on point with rockport or maybe echo. Easy access and facilities for everyone to use if needed. The perch bite is still going at both but if it slows the planters will keep you entertained
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: easy access and good fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Hey Sundance if easy access and catching are high on the list, Hyrum dam right off of swim beach is great easy access and you don't have to go very far off the beach to get into the fish.  I usually fish in 10-20 fow right off the beach and can catch a fair number of 12" bows and small perch.  I take my father in law there because he can't walk very well anymore and I can get him on the ice and into fish enough to keep him busy and I have fun too... The bottom is cobble rock and the bows come in right off the bottom searching for something to eat and at the right times of day it can be very active... Mornings early have been best for me, but I've caught them later in the day too... Good luck... J

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.