Author Topic: Fish Lake Perch Tourney  (Read 987 times)

Offline jgallen33

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish Lake Perch Tourney
« on: Dec 03, 2016, 05:46 PM »
Just moved here last month from South Dakota and got an invite to the Fish Lake Perch tourney.  Anyone going?  We live near North Ogden, so it's a few hour trip for us. 

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fish Lake Perch Tourney
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2016, 11:26 PM »
i won't be there way to many people I love fishing with others and sharing what I know of a body of water but hundreds upon hundreds of people on one lake..... not my thing... if it was the shanty get together it would be one thing this not my cup of tea...: I like to fish it the week before the tournament or first ice.

Offline jgallen33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:55 AM »
Good to know.  I figured there were a lot of folks out there, didnt realize it was gonna be that packed.

Offline ifishinxs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2016, 10:46 AM »
Crowded would be an understatement. Thousands converge for this event. You actually need to arrive at the lake the evening before to get a place to park and get your shelter set up in a decent spot. It's a good time if your social and enjoy crowds. They give away a lot of nice gear and catch thousands of pesky perch. This year they will have even more to give away.

If I'm fishing  that weekend it will be at Otter Creek..

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2016, 03:57 PM »
i won't be there way to many people I love fishing with others and sharing what I know of a body of water but hundreds upon hundreds of people on one lake..... not my thing... if it was the shanty get together it would be one thing this not my cup of tea...: I like to fish it the week before the tournament or first ice.

+1 on that
 We always go the weekend before. fish lake is hands down my favorite body of water to ice fish though I just wish it wasn't as far away!
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline yotyfox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2016, 12:19 PM »
Fish lake is one of my favorite lakes to fish, but you wont find me anywhere near there during the perch tournament.  Way too many people for me. 

Offline deputyhuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2016, 05:07 PM »
The reply's are all accurate.  LOTS of people attend, but it is an extremely important tournament to get all those pesky perch out of the lake.  Last year I think they removed over 40K by over 1800 anglers.  Other then the parking issue and the time it takes to get out after the tournament I had a great time.  Its always fun to talk with other anglers.  Its a great tournament for the kids since its non stop catching all day long.  The best way is to get up their the day before and set up (make sure your shanty is secured really good because the wind can be quite brutal).  Fish On   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.