The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fish Markers  (Read 565 times)

Offline Tater13

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish Markers
« on: Feb 08, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Hello everyone.  I was looking at investing in a fish marker, and I was wondering what everyone uses, pro's con's.  Which features you like and whatnot.  I spend most of my time fishing the Bay in Green bay for whites, perch, and crappies.  I spend a lot of time on lakes in less than thirty feet of water as well.  I was looking at the Vexilar FL12 Ultrapack on sale at Fleet Farm right now.  I haven't used enough of the different brands to know all of their features and fully understand what works the best.  Any information you have to give would be awesome, thanks!

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Re: Fish Markers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:15 PM »
You will get many opinions on what everyone uses and why. Click on community and scroll down to equipment. You will find many answers there.

Offline KQ700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2013, 01:09 AM »
Hello everyone.  I was looking at investing in a fish marker, and I was wondering what everyone uses, pro's con's.  Which features you like and whatnot.  I spend most of my time fishing the Bay in Green bay for whites, perch, and crappies.  I spend a lot of time on lakes in less than thirty feet of water as well.  I was looking at the Vexilar FL12 Ultrapack on sale at Fleet Farm right now.  I haven't used enough of the different brands to know all of their features and fully understand what works the best.  Any information you have to give would be awesome, thanks!
I have a Vexilar FL8 that is all I need. IMO the FL8 & FL12 is all you really need.
A Bad Day Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day At Work
Member of FLW & B.A.S.S.

Offline tollbooth0j

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2013, 06:11 AM »
I use an old Eagle silent sixtyone, it works great.  The only differance is no color it's all orange,  but it marks fish and your bait perfectly.   My buddy has the vexlar and it works great but he even told me for the money that he likes using mine more when we go out,  but its all personal preference.
Love catching my Walleye

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.