Author Topic: Repairing ice hut  (Read 597 times)

Chute82

Repairing ice hut
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Can't go fishing today...  Getting the truck inspected so i brought my ice hut in the house to defrost and to do some repairs...  Here is my question...  Thin spots you can see in the fabric what should i coat them with...  I was thinking about using some aqua seal and a patch...  Also where can you get material to patch the weak spots with...  Also is there anything you can put on the windows to keep them from fogging up so much...  thanks for any info

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Repairing ice hut
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:38 AM »
are you talking the little pin holes in the that rubbery plastic like coating on the inside of the hut? if so you can try fixing those with some liquid electrical tape. have heard guys talk about using that stuff before i guess it works good. you can get it in the electrical department of home depot usually on the display with all the tape its in a jar with a brush to put it on.  to fix weak spots try going to a fabric store or maybe even like a boat store that may have canvas by the yard for covers and see if you can get some canvas to make patches sew in. Ever thought about getting some wader patches those might work also or maybe even a tire patch. and as far as the windows there was a thread on here that suggested rain x anti fog but i guess it doesnt work. try that cat poop stuff think they sell it at gander or you could try some liquid dish soap like dawn. used to use it to keep my scuba mask from fogging up.    Just some idea to throw around and look into. Good luck

Offline John_H

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:57 AM »
If you have canvas I used Iron on patches on my old fishtrap and they worked great and much easier & faster than sewing cause I'm no seamstress.  just don't use them on poly tarps or you will melt it. you should be able to find them at Walmart

Chute82

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:05 AM »
My shelter is a Frabill...  made of the Ice armor material...  Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.