Author Topic: Meredith Derby 2018  (Read 1214 times)

Offline BigCountry17

• Team IceShanty Regular
Meredith Derby 2018
« on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:48 AM »

Great weekend...got the hang of catching cusk ...we want to be in Alton Bay Area but to slammed so settled on Meredith Bay....nice to just be up there...saw some nice fish on the board....first time doing the derby so next years going to be even better now we got our feet wet
Tight Lines...Grill Going...Beer In Hand....Life is Good!

ItsmeitsmeitsJSG

Re: Meredith Derby 2018
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:40 AM »
looks like you have some fish chowdah in your future

Offline BigCountry17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:09 AM »
looks like you have some fish chowdah in your future

Absolutely my friend....We caught a ton of perch but we just couldnt find the big guys they were all tiny 10 inch or less type....I also tried running rainbow tilts but no luck on that either nor lakers.....I did good years back in moultonborough in 8ft of water but I really wanted to be in Alton Bay but people said it was slammed on thursday even when I was up there ready to set up...

Anyone on Alton Bay by Downing Landing? How you all do?

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Looks like a great weekend!

I talked to a few guys by the airstrip in Alton, and everyone had been doing OK, but it doesn’t seem like most people right next to the launch are there for the fishing. Most are there for the “show”.

IMO there are a lot of better places to fish than in that crowd. I also think all the noice and commotion hurts the fishing.

Offline BigCountry17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Looks like a great weekend!

I talked to a few guys by the airstrip in Alton, and everyone had been doing OK, but it doesn’t seem like most people right next to the launch are there for the fishing. Most are there for the “show”.

IMO there are a lot of better places to fish than in that crowd. I also think all the noice and commotion hurts the fishing.

Ya we were a good ways away from the Meredith Party going on.....Next year we want to scope out other areas....I may try to find a launch in Moultonborough or Wolfsboro....did good with lakers over there.....Anyone have some good launching points ? Not looking for spots but just launching points ?

Thanks!

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2018, 02:54 PM »
There’s a beach in wolfeboro where most people seem to put on. Brewster Beach I think is the name.

For moltonborough I know there are a few places people get on. 19 mile bay, and Melvin village have launches I have used in the summer but not for hardwater.

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:37 PM »
we fished for cusk friday night and off echo point and black point saturday noon-afternoon. one cusk. moved to wolfboro for saturday night and sunday we had one flag at the end of the day and no cusk.

I think mid-winter doldrums may be here due to the early ice. Or i'm just doing sour grapes lol.

Offline BigCountry17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:57 AM »
There’s a beach in wolfeboro where most people seem to put on. Brewster Beach I think is the name.

For moltonborough I know there are a few places people get on. 19 mile bay, and Melvin village have launches I have used in the summer but not for hardwater.

we fished for cusk friday night and off echo point and black point saturday noon-afternoon. one cusk. moved to wolfboro for saturday night and sunday we had one flag at the end of the day and no cusk.

I think mid-winter doldrums may be here due to the early ice. Or i'm just doing sour grapes lol.

Good deal I will have to check it out for next year....I know years back I fished at a guys camp in moultonboro in 8 FOW and hit a few lakers...Could be the early temps and ice causing slow fishing...But when I use to come up and down rig with the fishing boat it was slow to nothing also....I just feel Winni and hit or miss and usually a big miss.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.