Author Topic: Entering a Lake from another state  (Read 654 times)

Offline JimmyColdBrew

• IceShanty Rookie
Entering a Lake from another state
« on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:03 PM »
Thought I would ask if anyone knew of or could site an Law or Rule about walking from Maine into NH with a NH fishing licence and catching fish while on the ice? is it illegal or not? Mainly just concerned with entering from the Maine side of Great East and having a fishing license from NH only. I don't know if the Boat launch on the southern side of Great East is Maine or NH.

Offline Goggls911

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Entering a Lake from another state
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:16 PM »
The launch on canal road is maine side but I've never had a problem maine game warden don't seem to have an issue either. Talk to Richardson 2 weekends ago.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Might be different, but in Michigan we have a lake the same split by two states, either license is good, which ever side u fish have to abide by their laws. I asked a CO what if I am close to the line and don’t know, he replied I know where the line is

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:50 PM »
You're good to go as long as you have either states license.  That is a two trap lake. Most border lakes are 5.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:39 PM »
You're good to go as long as you have already either states license.  That is a two trap lake. Most border lakes are 5.
Exactly!
NH/ME border rules apply regardless of where you enter.
Great East has a two trap limit. Think you'll find that under special rules?

I asked a CO what if I am close to the line and don’t know, he replied I know where the line is

Too funny, but not applicable on GE.

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:01 AM »
That would fall under interstate lake rule . Where either Maine pic or Nh pic is accepted I have fishied that lake many times with my Nh lic. But as always look for special rules to be sure nothing has changed . Would should find rules under Interstsae  lake special rules in N fish and Game digest .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.