Author Topic: Big Buddy Heaters  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Ole Polanski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Big Buddy Heaters
« on: Dec 07, 2017, 04:00 AM »
Howdy Gents!  Does anyone know the difference between the "Big Buddy"(red) and the "Tough Buddy" (yellow) heater is?  Thank you kindly for your help!   Regards, O.P.   :tipup:
"Where there's watah....There's Feesh!"

Offline Perchen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Big Buddy Heaters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2017, 04:02 AM »
In my opinion i would just stick with mr heaters

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2017, 04:37 AM »
Both made by Mr heater. Yellow one says only for sale at Lowes. Both 18000 btu , 3 settings. Probably just the yellow color for Lowe's is the difference?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2017, 05:02 AM »
Both made by Mr heater. Yellow one says only for sale at Lowes. Both 18000 btu , 3 settings. Probably just the yellow color for Lowe's is the difference?

Yep. " The Tough Buddy, in its signature yellow, is available only through Lowes."

And it'll match all your Dewalt tools. Maybe Lowes and Dewalt have some kind of deal.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2017, 08:25 AM »
my guess, just a different color for marketing purposes.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:02 AM »
if i may add. what do people think of the hunting version with the fan?

Offline Ole Polanski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Thank you all for the info!  I couldn't find any info on the difference but never considered it was a marketin ploy!!  From what I've seen on You Tube the fan makes a world of difference in heat comin out of it! BUT, how noisy is the fan would be my question.    Stay safe  out there!!  O.P.   :tipup:
"Where there's watah....There's Feesh!"

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:16 AM »
if i may add. what do people think of the hunting version with the fan?

I don't think the Hunting Buddy has a fan ...the Big Buddy has a fan ,battery or corded...the various models seem to cover a variety of BTU ranges

http://www.mrheater.com/sporting/product/heaters/buddy-series.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:17 AM »
The fan is real quiet and does help circulate the air. If you don't like it, you don't have to turn it on.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:23 AM »
Thank you all for the info!  I couldn't find any info on the difference but never considered it was a marketin ploy!!  From what I've seen on You Tube the fan makes a world of difference in heat comin out of it! BUT, how noisy is the fan would be my question.    Stay safe  out there!!  O.P.   :tipup:

My buddy has one of the Big Buddy...pumps out some heat even w/o the fan ..I don't recall it being nosey .If your going to run any of the Buddy heater using the larger 5,10,20 ibs tanks get the filter and/or the green hose .

Hoses, fuel filters, and carry bags - tools to keep your Buddy ready to use. The F273701 and F273702 connect appliances to 5 through 20 lb disposable cylinders with hand tighten swivels on both ends. Both hoses require a fuel filter. The F271803 connects to 20 lb tanks and does not require a fuel filter. The F273704 can connect from a 1 lb bottle to 5 through 20 lb tanks and does not require a filter either. The AC adapter is for use with the Big or Tough Buddy heaters and is optional. Buddy Carry Bags make transporting your favorite Portable Heaters convenient and simple with pockets for hoses, regulators, and accessories

F273704 Hose
•Swivel 1 - 20 in Male Throwaway Cylinder Thread x Soft Nose Excess Flow P.O.L. with Hand wheel
•Connects appliances that are designed to be connected to 1 lb. bottles to 5 to 20 lb. tanks
•Connects to low pressure and high pressure tanks
•Specially designed material eliminates need for fuel filter
•Hand tighten swivels on both ends

http://www.mrheater.com/buddy-hoses-and-accessories.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:16 AM »
I guess the Tough buddy does have a fan ..I did not know this

http://pdf.lowes.com/operatingguides/089301748156_oper.pdf

Tinker

« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:26 AM »
You might look at the Dyna-glo heat around as well.  Wishing I didn't have 2 buddy's or I would buy one of those, 360 degree heat and heat shield that one can cook on without making a cooking shelf.  Might just have to get one for the hub shack, would sure be nice to have a central heater in the big shack. 

Buddy heater fan is so quite you will leave in on at the end of the day without knowing and have dead batteries the next time out.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2017, 01:32 PM »
I had one of the Tough Buddy heaters before.  It does have a little heavier gauge wire on front screen.  However that is the only difference I could see.  Worked well just had too many so I sold it.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2017, 01:37 PM »
The fan is real quiet and does help circulate the air.

x2
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.