Author Topic: Nifty, but.............................  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Nifty, but.............................
« on: Dec 06, 2017, 03:43 PM »
I think I'll stick with my Snowmobile. ;)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: Nifty, but.............................
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:11 PM »
This looks like a back injury waiting to happen.

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:36 PM »
yup thats kinda neat. Dont know if i would buy one but hey they would serve a purpose.
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:51 PM »
"Guaranteed to pull you down when it breaks through the ice!"

(Each model comes with an insurance disclaimer that is voided if the user's IQ is below 100)

Yeah, it's nifty, but if you use them you will have to upgrade to a more powerful model, since without the walking you will become as large as a parade float, and will have to wait for the ice to get thick enough to support small trucks...(Also see disclaimer above)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:01 PM »
Anyone know the price and who carries them?
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline gofishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:12 PM »
$2799 for the 7hp model, go to snowdog.com

Offline rusty go0se

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:44 PM »
I want one just to see the looks I would get. But for $2799... Ill stick with the sled
"Anything free is worth saving up for"

Offline kevin1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:30 PM »
I have the 13hp with reverse sitting in the garage, plan to carry it on a carrier behind the truck to keep from dealing with a snowmobile and a trailer when we go, yeah its a little pricey but im thinking long haul,easy to store, low maintenance, no registration and if you have ever had your trailer blocked in at a launch location thats a pain in the #@%&.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:55 PM »
parts, should there be the need?

Offline 32footsteps

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2017, 07:10 PM »
In places that require flotation on snowmobiles and ATVs, would this thing need it? 

I'll stick to walking where I have to walk. $2800 is a good chunk of change to drop in order to avoid getting some exercise. 

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:34 PM »
I have the 13hp with reverse sitting in the garage, plan to carry it on a carrier behind the truck to keep from dealing with a snowmobile and a trailer when we go, yeah its a little pricey but im thinking long haul,easy to store, low maintenance, no registration and if you have ever had your trailer blocked in at a launch location thats a pain in the #@%&.
  They have me curious as well, for all the reasons you cite...

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Built my own a few years ago.  They're a hoot.  Two up, pulling my Evo 2. Posted in transportation with pics.  Check out Paxus 18 on you tube, Russian content, that's where they originate.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2017, 12:44 AM »
Saw these last week or so on the forum somewhere.
There is a place in Michigan that is a dealer for them.
They should be able to get parts if needed.
My last snowmobile purchase was $10,000. Thankfully I had saved the cash to buy it.
So the price point is a positive.
I can see the use for one of these.
Some of the places I fish are 10 miles from the nearest road by narrow trail.
It isn't practical to hike into some places if it takes a few hours to hike into the lake in the first place.
If your area is full of roadside lakes then maybe this isn't a draw. But for those who travel further back like I sometimes do and you don't want to shell out $10,000 might be worth checking out.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2017, 07:06 AM »
Like kasilofchrisn mentioned here is where it was talked about a couple weeks back..... https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=348652.msg3712654#msg3712654
Sportsmen Direct is a dealer here in MI

kevin1 I'll have to keep an eye out for you on the ice. Would love to see the Snowdog in action.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Actually looks kind of fun and I'll bet there is more exercise to it than you'd think... Always hear that exercise bit about snowmobiles... Anyone that has rode a sled knows what a work out they can be... yes you can be a slug on one too, but if you want exercise, you can definitely get plenty... I'd like to try one of these, think they are a little high priced for me to own, but I'd like to try one for sure... Not sure they would remain unlicensed in our state that always has it's hand out for more taxes, but it's a cool idea and I think for some folks it would be a great solution to access problems... :thumbsup:

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2017, 08:25 AM »
"Guaranteed to pull you down when it breaks through the ice!"

(Each model comes with an insurance disclaimer that is voided if the user's IQ is below 100)

Yeah, it's nifty, but if you use them you will have to upgrade to a more powerful model, since without the walking you will become as large as a parade float, and will have to wait for the ice to get thick enough to support small trucks...(Also see disclaimer above)

I have to disagree. Look at the footprint it has. You have more pounds per square inch on foot and  will go through before this would break through. Now if a person is stupid enough to drive it across 1 1/2 inches of ice, then it's one less stupid one in the gene pool.

You know what it reminds me of? Anyone remember the old David Bradley's?
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2017, 01:16 PM »
 Just watched this video this morning. Funny sometimes how things play out. After lunch today a buddy stops by with a Snowdog pamphlet in hand. Our local power equipment dealer in Norwich, NY just started selling these units. The literature states they have over 10,000 units already produced, sold and in use across Europe and Asia. Just thought I'd share this story. I'm a walker.
 One of the interesting accessories is a X-Country ski trail groomer. Might appeal to some, but I'll be out Ice Fishing.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2017, 01:45 PM »
That's nice, but I think I like this one better!  ;D

Where's the FISH?!

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Hahaha no kidding. Would be sweet if you could lower it down like a wheel house.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.