Author Topic: dawson report  (Read 510 times)

Offline calicoslabslides

• IceShanty Rookie
dawson report
« on: Feb 15, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Got to get out today after a long stretch of work and a bad back and was pleased to finally see some active fish on the screen. The bottom dwellers would rise-sniff-decend >:( but then a suspended fish would show up and hit pretty hard. Got into a mix of bluegill and crappie with some small catfish over on the deep end. Ended up with 10 crappie and gills for a nice little pile of fillets.  Did have a bad start to the morning when I had to slam the breaks on way to lake when a guy pulled out in front of me and started spinning tires in the snow,  auger slammed into truck bed. When I got on the ice to drill first hole it wouldn't work, bent the t-bar and threw off blade angle. Luckily there was one other guy out that let me use his lol lucky break. Also finally got to meet up with fellow member kevin(fenders) and enjoyed fishing the rest of the afternoon with, even though the bite slowed down a little we still had fish moving on and off screen. Even with the loss of my auger had a good day on the ice. Now the hunt is on for a auger and try to get back out tomorrow for the afternoon bite. If anyone has seen an auger for sale anywhere would appreciate the lead! (Probably a fat chance right now) sorry for long winded post. Oh fyi 12+" of snow cover on 13+"hard ice. Later guys and good luck to all.
If they don't find you handsome, They should at least find you handy.-Red Green

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: dawson report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2014, 10:44 PM »
I have a 5 inch you can borrow like new.   I'm leaving for ramsey in the morning to fish can join if you want.  PM me tonight or before 7 am and I will tell you where I leave it!!! Jeremy
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline calicoslabslides

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2014, 11:12 PM »
Thanks jeremy for the kind offer, my buddy red called tonight wanting to go tomorrow and has a spare I can use. It looks like they might have throttled the temps back some for this work week. I hope to get some more fishing in yet! The bite is starting to get good and the fish should be packed up in the basin. Good luck tomorrow
If they don't find you handsome, They should at least find you handy.-Red Green

Offline fatfenders

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2014, 12:05 PM »
Had a good day fishing with you. Thanks for letting me share your shanty. It got a little brisk out in the wind!

Kevin

:icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.