The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Barry's Landing/Bighorn Canyon  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Rio252

• IceShanty Rookie
Barry's Landing/Bighorn Canyon
« on: Feb 12, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Since no one wanted to help me out on information, to prove I'm better than that......fishing at Barry's was GOOD! Stay close to the edge of the boat ramp or cliff walls. We caught lots of ling, perch, walleye, trout. Ice was around 12', fish in 10-20 foot depth. The road was clear. Remeber the user name RIO252 cuz i will be glad to help out another fisherman with information, all you gotta do is ask just like I did.
NCarcr8

Offline Rio252

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Barry's Landing/Bighorn Canyon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2007, 11:04 PM »
Hey Rio, sounds like you did pretty good. Any size on your catches? Some friends were up a few weeks ago and said the fishing was good with 10" of ice.They went up 1 1/2 weeks ago , but had to turn around because of bad roads. Keep us posted how the fishing is. Gamedog
The ling were about 1 lb. to about 4 lb, and the perch were big like they show from Devils Lake,ND. I plan to go again on the 19th of Feb. If I do not go back to Barry's I plan to go to Hell Creek and catch some of those lakers and walleyes they talk about so much.
NCarcr8

Offline Eye4nEye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2007, 06:42 PM »
I stopped in Lovell on Monday at the Conoco where you tunr to go North and they didn't have any minnows. What did you use?

Offline Rio252

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2007, 10:43 PM »
I stopped in Lovell on Monday at the Conoco where you tunr to go North and they didn't have any minnows. What did you use?
I seine my own minnows. I heard that minnows are hard to get in Lovell, plus you have to have some kind of permit to get minnows in Wyoming, even if they do have them you still need some permit. So I just seine them in Billings, head to Lovell and go back to the Montana side.
NCarcr8

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.