Author Topic: Candlewood  (Read 1931 times)

Offline surtom

• IceShanty Rookie
Candlewood
« on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:09 PM »
First post for me.  Looking for info on new Milford bay conditions at candlewood.  Any info would be appreciated.

Offline bob48

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Candlewood
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Welcome, don't know about New Milford but at squantz boat ramp on Monday there was about 3 inches,spud went thru on first hit, should be ready this weekend with the up coming cold weather. Be safe and use your spud bar.

Offline Stevecamp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:00 AM »
A buddy of mine was out in new Milford on Saturday and said there was 6 inches. I haven’t been out to check. I do know there were people off the town beach in New Fairfield yesterday. Stay safe

Offline Hammertime-IceCube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Danbury Fish & Game Association
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2019, 08:55 PM »
We were there at nf town park yesterday prior to the big squall that blew through.  Ice is fine but fishing was skunko.  Water levels on cwood dropping very fast

Offline Bry65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2019, 07:11 AM »
Hey Hammer,
     When you were at NF town park did you venture out far? I've been noticing since the snow Monday there seems to be some areas toward the center of the lake that were open or just skimmed. I was hoping to be able to venture out this week-end past the coves but maybe it's wishful thinking.

Offline Redgar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:02 AM »
I also saw open water yesterday on the way back from Squantz...at least it looked open as I drove by.  Maybe 200 yards out from the NF beach on the West shore.

Offline sportsman79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:28 PM »
I'm going to try the new milford end tomorrow I think it should be good but I'm just thinking that dont know for sure

Offline Hammertime-IceCube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Danbury Fish & Game Association
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2019, 09:27 AM »
Hey Hammer,
     When you were at NF town park did you venture out far? I've been noticing since the snow Monday there seems to be some areas toward the center of the lake that were open or just skimmed. I was hoping to be able to venture out this week-end past the coves but maybe it's wishful thinking.
We were not far off the end of the docks. There was some open water several hundred yards out.

Offline Bry65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing the info, was hoping to get out toward Skeleton Island or around Spear Point this week-end but maybe have to stick to Squantz.

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2019, 03:38 PM »
How the Ice there was planning to go this Sunday  to fish at night  or early Monday morning

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Lynn Demming is shot.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.