Author Topic: Review of Pistol Bit and Clam Plate.  (Read 1775 times)

Offline GILLRIPPERS

• IceShanty Rookie
Review of Pistol Bit and Clam Plate.
« on: Jan 28, 2022, 06:11 AM »
Hey guys, I did a quick review of my new auger set up, if you are interested.
Ain't biting, still fighting.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Review of Pistol Bit and Clam Plate.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2022, 11:06 AM »
Good tip on the trigger thingy.

Offline HuyFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2022, 02:01 PM »
aside from having handles in a regular auger formation.  Does the clam plate do anything else? i'm wondering if it has gearing that would reduce strain on the drill which may allow more holes drilled? i'm asking out of curiosity since there is not much advertisements on it.
https://www.youtube.com/c/HuyFishin
Follow like and subscribe! Appreciate the support!

Offline GILLRIPPERS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2022, 07:02 PM »
aside from having handles in a regular auger formation.  Does the clam plate do anything else? i'm wondering if it has gearing that would reduce strain on the drill which may allow more holes drilled? i'm asking out of curiosity since there is not much advertisements on it.
So yes, the handles give you much better grip, and protect your wrists etc from injury if it jams. Dealing with a bad shoulder injury made me give this a try, and i really like it. Clam has a new play with a low gear box that does just what you are talking about. You can also get the gear box and upgrade an old plate. I think that is great for certain applications, just not for the amount and how i use it.
Ain't biting, still fighting.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2022, 07:23 PM »
 Castration band to take up the slop ..from Tractor Suppy

There is no learning curve ..it is just like a power head auger . I also believe you are more proficient..less leg/stance repositioning 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.