Author Topic: Clam Base Camp Problems?  (Read 5507 times)

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam Base Camp Problems?
« on: Feb 07, 2010, 01:10 AM »
I just got a clam basecamp thermal pop up shack for christmas.  About a month ago i was using it in high winds and it held up great.  When i took it down in the high winds the hub assembly and one of the fiberglass rods broke.  It might have been my fault by not getting it taken down right because the wind was making it difficult.  When i called Clam to get new parts they shiped them at no cost under warrenty.  Today after fishing in my basecamp for a while i noticed one of the balls on the end of the rods that fits into the hub assembly broke.  In between the time i replaced the replacement parts that clam sent me and now the shack has been set up and taken down half a dozen times.  I was just wondering if anyone else has had any of these same kinds of problems. 
See ya on the ice!!! Go Packers!!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Clam Base Camp Problems?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2010, 01:41 AM »
There have been other problems and concerns with the clam hub shelters...buried in previous threads.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline jmny004

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:15 AM »
I bought the summitt and experenced the same problem on the initial set -up in my garage. Called clam and they sent out the replacement part and both a 8 ft and 6ft   fiberglass rod.It was the white (knuckle) ball that fits into the hub  assembly. Hopefully the problems end.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:13 AM »
I have a Base Camp and haven't had any problems to date, I've set it up about a dozen times I suppose. I hope ya get it figured out, if I experiance any problems I'll post back.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:23 AM »
i have the command post and my eye letts on the bottom are falling off and my zipper is jumping teeth called clam and they sent out an eyelett repair kit and after the season they said they will do somthing about the zipper 
Just enjoying life

Offline Jrod0582

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:52 PM »
My buddy has one of these, very nice. make sure you have a good heater though otherwise you will be gettin cold in a hurry, theres a lot of space to heat in those hub style shacks

Offline nite eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That Sunsab Itch!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:56 PM »
My buddy has a new Summitt and the same thing happend to him. They shipped him a replacement free of charge without question and he received it in 3 days.
TEAM ICEHOLES

Offline blrunner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I have the basecamp thermal and one of the fiberglass poles shattered. Called Clam and they sent a new pole right away. I use the regular size Mr. Heater and most of the time its on low. I really like the thermal material.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.