Author Topic: Whitefish on 31 Mile Lake  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
Whitefish on 31 Mile Lake
« on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:01 AM »
The Gang from Fish-Hawk.net will be hitting some Quebec ice action on February 9th 2013 and some of the locals have gratefully agreed to show us the ropes.  Ice is good apparently but sleds or four-wheelers might be needed to get to the spot. 

Where:
White Fish @ 31 Mile Lake.

Meet at:

Breakfast in Gracefield @ 8am, Saturday the 9th of February 2013, home of the Gatineau's largest plate of pancakes.
"Brochetterie Milano Restaurant & Pizzeria"
Located at
35 St-Joseph, Gracefield
J0X 1W0

The Highway 105 is called St-Joseph in Gracefield.

The Plan:

Fish for the famous Quebec Whitefish until we get sick of it.
One request: Bring cameras, take pictures, post reports!

Offline puncho

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Be safe out there
Re: Whitefish on 31 Mile Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:41 AM »
Well I did not even know there was whitefish on 31 miles Lake, did not know icefishing was permitted on that lake, I never fish there tought, I know there is Lakers, do not know if it is permitted to catch Lakers in winter (note that they are trying to close all icefishing where Lakers are found in the province of  Quebec). I have been only once to the area to pick up a moose that an archery hunter had killed & there is quite a bit of antihunters in that region. 

Thanks for the info, too bad I coach bowling on Saturdays I would have like to be there.

Offline MichaelAngelo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2013, 09:38 AM »
Hello seaweed, I would have loved to join you guys to catch my first ever whitefish, but I just saw this post today.  how did you guys do on 31 mile?  Was there last weekend but didn't catch a single whitefish.  ???

Offline Susky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2015, 08:20 PM »
I fished the gracefield area for a week every summer for about 20 years. Stayed on Lac Heney.  I always wonder how ice fishing was on those lakes but was told you couldn't fish heney through the ice due to the presence of Lakers.  Have fished 31 miles several times.  Would love to hear some reports or ice fishing stories from that area.  Would bring back a lot of good memories. 

Thanks!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Since the thread was bumped I'll throw a reminder out there that as of this winter 31 Mile and close to 100 other lakes in the area have closed winter fishing completely as of Dec 19th. These lakes in particular maintain natural lake trout populations that can get wacked by ice anglers fishing other species. The season for all trout in Quebec's zone 10 close in September.

Andrew

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2015, 01:24 PM »
Since the thread was bumped I'll throw a reminder out there that as of this winter 31 Mile and close to 100 other lakes in the area have closed winter fishing completely as of Dec 19th. These lakes in particular maintain natural lake trout populations that can get wacked by ice anglers fishing other species. The season for all trout in Quebec's zone 10 close in September.

That is somewhat inaccurate. There are in fact smaller trout lakes that are open for fishing and under the `` exceptions `` section of the mnistry website, in order to take the pressure off the bigger lakes and make up for the closing of them.

Offline puncho

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Be safe out there
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2015, 08:28 AM »
That is somewhat inaccurate. There are in fact smaller trout lakes that are open for fishing and under the `` exceptions `` section of the mnistry website, in order to take the pressure off the bigger lakes and make up for the closing of them.

Sure I know someone who was in the Outaouais region & found some lakes open in winter for trout but he did not want to share them with me  >:(

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2015, 03:24 PM »
It is entirely true. The season for all trout close in September.

Yes there are exceptions

Andrew

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.