Author Topic: Bigfoot VS Fatfish  (Read 1520 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Bigfoot VS Fatfish
« on: Jan 18, 2013, 05:43 AM »
Well so far this year I have owned three hub style huts. I first had the Clam Bigfoot XL 4000T. Then the Eskimo Fatfish 949,and now the Clam Bigfoot XL2000. I really liked the 4000 but it was heavy(42lbs.) and not very easy to get back in the bag. The bag is very heavy duty and with the help of a buddy went in okay. The weight was the big one for me. I hand pull my sled and 42lbs. is alot of weight to pull around. I sold the 4000 to a buddy of mine and bought the 949. I really liked how it was only 27lbs,but that was about it. The bags are cheap and seem like them could rip at anytime. I also didnot like the way the side walls slanted in so standing up you have to be closer to the middle of the hut. It gave me a walls are falling in kind of a feeling. I now have the XL2000 from Clam. I got it yesterday and must say WOW! It is exactly what I was looking for. It is built as heavy duty as the 4000 but 8lbs lighter. It has the same size bag as the 4000 and since the 600 fabric is not insulated it goes in the bag very easily. Both the 4000 and the 2000 have a nice shape to them where u can stand up anywhere in the hut. I also like the anchor points inside the Bigfoots. They have pull straps so u can put in your anchor hook up the strap and cinch it tight. For the money (less than $200) I don't see how you can go wrong. If you are looking for a hut that is light weight and can fish three guys easily the Clam Bigfoot is the hut for you.
tight lines!
  Matt

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bigfoot VS Fatfish
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2013, 07:12 AM »
I think I am actually going to buy a 2000 to go along with my 4000 for the party tent city! I absolutely love my 4000.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2013, 07:19 AM »
If I didn't hand pull out to the ice I would have done the same.
Matt

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2013, 10:42 AM »
How do the prices compare?

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2013, 11:09 AM »
Farm&Fleet 949 $199.99 Sportsman's guide 2000 Bigfoot $193.99.
Matt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.