Author Topic: Chair for pop up  (Read 1259 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Chair for pop up
« on: Dec 07, 2011, 04:16 AM »
 I'm fishing my first year out of my new Black Ice pop up hut. I need two chairs that are easy to haul and don't weigh a lot. I am 6' 275lbs so I am not a little guy. I've tired some of the tri-pod chairs and its feels like they are going to push my berries right off my crotch. I was going to just use a couple of bag chairs but they weigh in at 9lbs. each. Any suggestions would be a big help.
 Thanks!
  Matt

surflizard

Re: Chair for pop up
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2011, 04:27 AM »
I picked up a couple of large camping chairs at Wally world pretty cheap for friends we bring out with us. They are faily rugged for what they are and light weight !

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2011, 04:36 AM »
I use the same as Surf.  Light and very comfortable.

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2011, 04:40 AM »
for the money they are great chairs. i use one for deer hunting and even nap in it in the woods.

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2011, 05:06 AM »
X3 with surf. Great chair..
Looooooooooooove to fish, born to fish.
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2011, 06:06 AM »
I have the same style as Surf. Look for the Coleman Max chair. (wally-world) I wieghted as much as you (been dieting) and wanted a chair the can handle my "dropping into" if ya know what i mean. Max chair is lable for taking up to 400lbs. Been using it for 2 years without an issue.

Good luck
"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2011, 08:24 AM »
 A few years ago I was looking for a chair to hold my big butt, that would last more than a couple of trips out. (I weighed upwards of 450 pounds at that time.) I didn't care what I had to pay, I wanted me one tough chair. I found the Maxx Daddy chair. It was tested to hold 1500 pounds or so, I believe.
 Granted, it ain't exactly a light weight option, but for comfort and strength there is none better. I have used it for everything from just relaxing on the porch to fishing on the river in sand, rocks and mud. The color has faded a little, it ain't as pretty as when I first got it. But it is as sturdy as it was the day I bought it. I love it.

Check it out here: http://maxxdaddy.com/

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:06 AM »
I have the Coleman for big boys and it is great!!!!  It can hold myself at 280 ish

Offline jhill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I like the square, Directors type, camp chairs that fold over front and pack flat, rather than in a tube shape.  Pretty sure i got this exact same one unbranded at Fleet Farm last summer:
http://clamoutdoors.com/ice_fishing/fishing-acc/chairs/folding-cooler-chair-new.html

They are light, sturdy, and fold flat which seems to work better for me to pack. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.