Author Topic: New Powr Noodle reel  (Read 4725 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
New Powr Noodle reel
« on: Sep 19, 2011, 07:05 PM »
 Well I got my new Power Noodle today and was wanting some input on what reel to put on it. I don't want to spend over $60.
 Thanks for the input!
  Matt

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Powr Noodle reel
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Custom rod? I'm getting one made should be done sometime next week. 26" noodle rod with black pearl Rec recoil guides. Thinking about pairing it up with a Shimano symetre 500fj. If your on a budget for a reel I heard you can't go wrong with the ticas but you can probably find a Shimano Sedona or Sahara for $60. Got a picture of that rod?

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2011, 10:36 PM »
 I also got the power noodle in a 26". I cann't wait to use it. Mine is silver and maroon with the std cork handle and guides. I do have 1 of the Ticas and they r a nice reel. I thought about one of those but thought I would see what everyone on here had to say. I will try get get a pic for ya. PM me your email and I'll send u one. Never have figured out how to post pics on here.
  Matt

Custom rod? I'm getting one made should be done sometime next week. 26" noodle rod with black pearl Rec recoil guides. Thinking about pairing it up with a Shimano symetre 500fj. If your on a budget for a reel I heard you can't go wrong with the ticas but you can probably find a Shimano Sedona or Sahara for $60. Got a picture of that rod?

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2011, 10:45 PM »
i got the powernoodle 26 with a okuma slv 2/3 fly reel with recoil guides from craigthor when he was selling them.cant wait to try it out

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2011, 11:30 PM »
Check out the New abu garcia orra spinning reels. I got one off ebay in the 10 size and its a sweet little reel. I put mine on a 32" custom rod and used it over the side of the dock, the drag was smooth as silk reeling in a 3lb bass with 1.7lb Ht black magic mono......

They wont be out till oct. sometime but im planning on picking up about ten of them.....

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2011, 12:31 AM »
Mine is being done by Gregg from Austincustomrods.I will put up a picture when it come in.

Offline Rassy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2011, 10:07 AM »
is all the rods from austin considered power noodles?? what is a power noodle ?? sorry just curious..am ordering my ice toys for this winter,, and wundering if these rods from austin are as good as jason mitchells ?

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2011, 10:26 AM »
the power noodle is basically a super super light tip with a ton of backbone.the tip can show a tiny bluegill bite from what im told. as far as gregg austin, all i can say is awesome rod builder. the man builds some great rods and will order and make anything you want. ANYTHING! i had him make me a custom panfish rod with the st croix bobber attachment. i dont like the st coix because the graphite just sets the hook too hard in my opinion. he agreed and we talked for about a hour and a half just about the rod and ice fishing. hes a good dude. i already ordered another rod from him that he has ordered parts and different blanks for me. hes making me a custom laker rod exactly how i want it. also gives alot of good feedback and tells you what he thinks. good person to deal with with good prices.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2011, 10:26 AM »
I've been looking at these rods...guess you could call them noodle rods. Pretty sweet lookin'...

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Rassy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2011, 10:41 AM »
the power noodle is basically a super super light tip with a ton of backbone.the tip can show a tiny bluegill bite from what im told. as far as gregg austin, all i can say is awesome rod builder. the man builds some great rods and will order and make anything you want. ANYTHING! i had him make me a custom panfish rod with the st croix bobber attachment. i dont like the st coix because the graphite just sets the hook too hard in my opinion. he agreed and we talked for about a hour and a half just about the rod and ice fishing. hes a good dude. i already ordered another rod from him that he has ordered parts and different blanks for me. hes making me a custom laker rod exactly how i want it. also gives alot of good feedback and tells you what he thinks. good person to deal with with good prices.

Sweet,,,,, i did try to place a order on his site,, but he has no choice choice of countries,, and therefore no choice of provinces in his checkout process,,, also no phone number to call him at...   so i guess that is that for now....but again thank you...

also may i ask what your paired your rods with ,, specifically anything you have for walleye/trout ?  i was thinking tica cestus ,, but im not entirely to sure what would be good and from where....  so far i have been trying to find stuff from redrockstore as i really like the website..

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2011, 10:58 AM »
hes got his rods on a few sites.just get the email he has on austincustomrods.com. hell get back to you and talk to you about it

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2011, 11:27 PM »
this is the rod he made me. 24" light with st croix bobber attachment. the thing is so sweet

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Iceassin where do you purchase the Whip'r rod? Im interested

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2011, 08:46 PM »
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I have 2 Austin rods. One is a noodle and the other has backbone. They are great. Well built and to my specifications. I put Pflueger Trion reels on both. Well worth the investment!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2011, 06:15 AM »
Iceassin where do you purchase the Whip'r rod? Im interested
Sorry it took so long to reply IJ...here ya' go...

http://www.stopperlures.com/whipr_rods.html
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

surflizard

« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2011, 08:16 AM »
I picked up a couple of the Shimano FD Sienna 500 reels for $27.99 each. They are a fantastic reel with a very Sensitive and Super Smooth Drag on them ! On the UL rod in combination with 2lb Micro ice, they have handled everything throw at them so far !

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2011, 09:11 PM »
I agree the sienna is not a bad reel. Good price point, good drag and decent price

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2011, 02:58 PM »
Guys I run the Abu Garcia 100u spinning reel on my rods that I don't have fly reels on. Great little reel very smooth. About 40 bucks. Glenn
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline sjmorgan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:45 PM »
I have a 24 inch power noodle with a okuma slv 2/3 fly reel on it with 3lb p line. Mine is in black with pink wraps and a hot pink tip. Looks cool and you can see the pink a little better than orange in my opinion. you will love the rod. Im going to order 2 30 inchers. One for fly reel one for spinning reel. Cant go wrong with fly reel and less than 15 or so feet of water. No line twist means more fish on tough biting days. Hope this helps.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline michiganoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2011, 07:33 PM »
I've been looking for a power noodle! Any suggestions guys?
I'd rather be fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.